Can Swans still win GF?

Remove this Banner Ad

So the Swans lose a ruckman close to the season starting and the AFL is now pushing a Mid Season trade period to start ASAP this year??

Hmmmm how convenient and it took the Swans to suffer the fate many other teams have had in the Pre Season before but the AFL are quickly trying to rush in a new system all of a sudden to benefit their love child team base.......:rolleyes:

I like the idea but gee the timing stinks to high heaven and good one Gill i suppose as there is no way the AFL will let NSW not be competitive.

Personally, I think mid season trades suck. You don't want clubs going after other club's stars mid season. I remember the EPL years ago when Everton were going well and the big clubs took their top 2 strikers (one being Rooney) mid season. What poor club loses a star ruck mid season so Sydney can be in contention?

They could have some kind of mid season draft maybe to allow them to elevate a ruck from a lower league, but at the same time clubs would still try to find ways use it to get players they couldn't get easily in the next preseason draft.

We prove that having great rucks isn’t essential to winning flags. Our best ruck since Scott was the big fish, and he didn’t win a flag with us. Our rucks during the 80s and early 90s were Paton, Byrne and Dear, and during the 08 to ‘15 era they were Campbell, Renouf, Bailey and McEvoy. Need I say more?
Those two eras combined yielded 9 flags from 13 GF appearances.

Nightmares of those years back when Robbie Campbell went down ... secondary rucks like Sinclair always seem 'serviceable' until they are the number 1 every week. Turns out Renouf and Taylor were s**t and until we lucked out with getting Hale we had a gaping hole. They won't be bad at all, but they'll have to get better in other areas just to make up for their loss which is tough when challenging for a flag considering they weren't really close last year.

How would a mid season draft for state league work? They would be on minimum coin as an afl player and may have to move to the other side of the country for potentially only a couple of months work. What about kids, jobs etc.

Afl players are not paid enough for this kind of arrangement

We prove that having great rucks isn’t essential to winning flags. Our best ruck since Scott was the big fish, and he didn’t win a flag with us. Our rucks during the 80s and early 90s were Paton, Byrne and Dear, and during the 08 to ‘15 era they were Campbell, Renouf, Bailey and McEvoy. Need I say more?
Those two eras combined yielded 9 flags from 13 GF appearances.
Nightmares of those years back when Robbie Campbell went down ... secondary rucks like Sinclair always seem 'serviceable' until they are the number 1 every week. Turns out Renouf and Taylor were s**t and until we lucked out with getting Hale we had a gaping hole. They won't be bad at all, but they'll have to get better in other areas just to make up for their loss which is tough when challenging for a flag considering they weren't really close last year.

I could've sworn this thread was about Sydney losing our unproven, but nontheless #1 ruck for the season.
Apparently not...its about thooper dooper Hawthorn, AGAIN :rolleyes:

fat.jpg

Swans aren’t that good to begin with. They are a top 8 side but not a flag threat. Agree with a previous poster about how Sinclair is fine pinch hitting but when he has to be the main ruckman, he’ll be exploited.
Forward line to reliant of Franklin & Papley to a lesser extent.
Midfield is strong but can be eclipsed if you get the game plan right as Hawthorn showed twice & the Cats showed in the Semi.

Nothing special Sydney and I’m not sold their kids are as good as people think, or as the media report.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans aren’t that good to begin with. They are a top 8 side but not a flag threat. Agree with a previous poster about how Sinclair is fine pinch hitting but when he has to be the main ruckman, he’ll be exploited.
Forward line to reliant of Franklin & Papley to a lesser extent.
Midfield is strong but can be eclipsed if you get the game plan right as Hawthorn showed twice & the Cats showed in the Semi.

Nothing special Sydney and I’m not sold their kids are as good as people think, or as the media report.
Lolololololol

Naismith injured at training - out for the season.
Tippet - retired.

Sinclair now the number 1 ruckman.

Absolutely, provided they don't have any more key injuries.

IMO they will finish top 4 and have another crack. None of there key players bar Grundy are aging, and their core is young enough to be around for a few years yet.

So the Swans lose a ruckman close to the season starting and the AFL is now pushing a Mid Season trade period to start ASAP this year??

Hmmmm how convenient and it took the Swans to suffer the fate many other teams have had in the Pre Season before but the AFL are quickly trying to rush in a new system all of a sudden to benefit their love child team base.......:rolleyes:

I like the idea but gee the timing stinks to high heaven and good one Gill i suppose as there is no way the AFL will let NSW not be competitive.
Take the blue pill next time. Less paranoia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back