Strategy Can the Saints make the finals this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Winning form is good form. I see no benefit in coming 9th if you can come 8th. Even if we go no further. Huge fill up for the club all round and will drive the players even harder once they appreciate what finals footy is really about.

I'd rather they learn the lesson this year so they can aim higher next year.

i wouldnt rule the dogs out from being dropped out of the 8
They still play Essendon, who today got smacked by Brisbane, in Melbourne! Surely they'll get to 13 wins at a minimum. The concern is that they'll lose to North in two weeks time. That game suddenly becomes a lot more winnable for North, who beat them fairly comfortably earlier in the year.

I hate to say it but Ladder Predictor from me has us finishing 9th on the same wins as Port in 8th.

Most frustratingly we were ROBBED in the North and Hawthorn losses by terrible decisions. Give us those two wins right now were in 8th a game clear of North and could have theoretically finished as high as 5th giving us a home elimination final.

I hate to say it but Ladder Predictor from me has us finishing 9th on the same wins as Port in 8th.

Most frustratingly we were ROBBED in the North and Hawthorn losses by terrible decisions. Give us those two wins right now were in 8th a game clear of North and could have theoretically finished as high as 5th giving us a home elimination final.

Is that giving Port a win against GWS?

I can't remember TBH. Ran alot of scenarios.

I got us into the 8 losing only to Sydney. I think if we get 13 wins for the year & only drop the game against Sydney we should sneak in. What'll be in our favour is the round 23 game between GWS & North at Etihad. GWS play that ground well & will likely be playing for a top 4 or even top 2 spot so they'll have as much to play for as North. For Port to be a factor they must beat GWS tonight. Cmon GWS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GC loss is the one that sucks the most, just a team we should've beaten and not got beaten by 40+.

I'd love to beat North this week for revenge on the clash earlier in the season, will be tough though!

Been a while since we've gone for four straight wins

Just did the ladder predictor. IF we beat Norf and the favourites get up in the remainder of the games, we sneak into 8th and play the Cats in week 1 of the finals. Wowee.
Etihad or Cattery?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back