Can the Wallabies make history on Saturday ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloodstained Angel

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2000
Sydney, Nsw, Australia
Never won in Dunedin ever.

In fact no Australian Rugby side has won a game at Carisbrook ever.

Not the Wallabies, not Super 12, not Juniors or Schoolboys, nobody.

Carisbrook is known as the "House of Pain" for a variety of reasons.

The weather is usually absolutely terrible. Dunedin is further south than Tasmania and at this time of the year its usually bitterly cold, blowing a gale with freezing rain driving into your face and freezing your fingers and hands. It will be pitch black by 4.30 pm.

The crowd is extremely parochial. Dunedin is famous for its University and there is a huge student population in Dunedin. They love their Rugby and turn out in droves and get pretty feral with it as well.

New Zealand have a very proud record at this ground. Its a 'graveyard' for just about every visiting team. The All Blacks like to get fired up for Dunedin test matches and I 'm not even sure if the All Blacks have even lost a single test match here - in 90 years.

My prediction - New Zealand 25 Australia 13

A low scoring slog in the mud and freezing rain.

Records are meant to be broken! :)

Australia 17
New Zealand 15

Though I'm not entirely confident!

Dunedin sure does look like a cold, miserable place when you see it on TV, I sure it's a nice place to live though!

Originally posted by Sydneyfan
Records are meant to be broken! :)
Yeah and so are noses ;)

I reckon Wallabies 18-14 in an absolute slog in the arctic conditions. Don't forget BSA that we'd never beaten the Lions either and look how that turned out.

I'm looking forward to watching this one, maybe Nobody can win it after the hooter with a penalty goal ;)

Now now BSA, I know you guys are pretty hard on the All Blacks, especially after failing to make the World Cup final but there's no need to call them a pack of Daewoo's ;)

As for that glorious kick, I just couldn't stop laughing. The Wallabies really need to win this next test though, otherwise the Tri-Nations is virtually over.

Ahhh John Eales' kick after the hooter! :)
Magical stuff!

There is nothing sweeter than beating New Zealand in anything, especially a Rugby Union test match.

Go Aussies! Stick it up em!

Australia 19
New Zealand 12

It would be great to be there BSA, even if..

the NZ's are intimidating. I would even brave the cold weather too.
Unfortunately I think the Wallabies will go down in a fairly low scoring affair...don't want to even guess the scores.

BSA WHy is this game being played at 2.30 p.m. (NZ time)
would it have something to do with the weather or more likely so it could be beamed around the world peak evening time??

Larkin's back...so we know where he's going to be targetted;)

Cheers, and GO YOU GOOD THINGS!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back