Can we all agree Geelong deserve to host every home game at Kardinia Park?

Should the Cats be playing every home game at Kardinia Park?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually Geelong requests a couple of home game blockbusters at the G every year.
They dog whistle to their supporters that they want all of their home games at their home ground because it fits their cultural instinct to whinge like bitches.
Assuming they want to, absolutely.

Poll should be "Do the Cats want to play every home game at Kardinia Park?". They throw caveated bones to their supporters knowing they'll never have to do it.

Yes they can, but I don’t want to see them picking and choosing if that’s the case. Move all home games including high drawing matches against Collingwood, Essendon and Hawthorn to KP.

Fine by us and has been for a long time. We still make as much or more from 30,000 at Geelong as 80k at the G. Only play home games in Melbourne to fill satisfy the AFL's ####ing quota.

I'm all for it but the AFL need to pay to the $$$ to fix the odd shape of the oval.
The shape of the 'oval' needs to be an oval.
It is an oval, or do you mean it should be shaped like the MCG and Optus, aka a circle?

Better football played at longer, narrower grounds. Masses have been conditioned that playing on a circle is the way to go, not sure why. Fat wings just lets the ball get stuck there time and again, and teams play short 'keepings off'. On a ground like Kardinia Park you've got no option but to be more direct, even if you go along the boundary.

I think people mean one wing is squashed.
Someone posted this in the game day thread.

Could be worse...

1592019406928.png

Don't have a problem with the Cats playing all of their home games at the Cattery. One of the better boutique football grounds in the AFL.

The result tonight clearly shows why Geelong should be hosting every home game at Kardinia Park. They are the only team in the AFL that are forced to play home games outside of their home city. It's farcical.

Can we all just agree that the Cats should be playing every home game at Kardinia Park?
Do we deserve to? Yes. But "deserve to" is a different argument to "should".

Literally the only argument against it is the size of the ground vs the fanbase they could attract - if you can get up to 80k against Hawthorn, Collingwood, Richmond et al then that game shouldn't be played at Kardinia IMO.

I mean, the interstate sides "deserve" to have Grand Finals played in their home state - it's unfair that they can finish 1st, cruise through the finals, and still have to play on the opposition's home deck.

But should the Grand Final still be held at the MCG? Yes, it should - because it's the spiritual home of AFL and the best stadium in Australia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whenever we play them it's always there so that's not a factor for me.

What is a factor is the huge leg up they will get by being the only Vic team with a significant home ground advantage, still playing many basically neutral games in Melbourne and only traveling interstate a handful of times.

Non Vic teams have that same home ground advantage but it's offset by the away ground disadvantage and the extra travel. Geelong would have the best of both worlds.

So no, can't agree.
They arent neutral games in melbourne. We are massively disadvantaged in melbourne due to crowd disadvantage. playing collingwood or richmond at the mcg or nth or the blues at docklands is really not much different for us to playing the eagles in perth.

Better football played at longer, narrower grounds. Masses have been conditioned that playing on a circle is the way to go, not sure why. Fat wings just lets the ball get stuck there time and again, and teams play short 'keepings off'. On a ground like Kardinia Park you've got no option but to be more direct, even if you go along the boundary.
Yep. 10 goals scored in 4 quarters at the MCG last Friday night. At GMHBA Stadium it took 25 minutes for the 10th goal to be scored.....

The interstate sides plead for more games at the MCG for good reason.
So, happy for Geelong to play all home games at KP. Hawks to host Easter Monday each year. Cats can also have the odd elim or semi final v Crows/Port/WC/Freo/GC/GWS.

Whenever we play them it's always there so that's not a factor for me.

What is a factor is the huge leg up they will get by being the only Vic team with a significant home ground advantage, still playing many basically neutral games in Melbourne and only traveling interstate a handful of times.

Non Vic teams have that same home ground advantage but it's offset by the away ground disadvantage and the extra travel. Geelong would have the best of both worlds.

So no, can't agree.

Thats true, but when finals come around we are disadvantaged.

Nah we don't. But I do understand that you need to actively avoid basic facts to maintain your victim narrative.
Your home ground is where your fans are. You complaining about the mcg not being your home is as ridiculous as geelong fans complaining that playing at the training ground next to kardinia park is not out home. Its literally 200 metres away.

Back