Can we all agree Geelong deserve to host every home game at Kardinia Park?

Should the Cats be playing every home game at Kardinia Park?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
The result tonight clearly shows why Geelong should be hosting every home game at Kardinia Park. They are the only team in the AFL that are forced to play home games outside of their home city. It's farcical.

Can we all just agree that the Cats should be playing every home game at Kardinia Park?

The result tonight clearly shows why Geelong should be hosting every home game at Kardinia Park. They are the only team in the AFL that are forced to play home games outside of their home city. It's farcical.

Can we all just agree that the Cats should be playing every home game at Kardinia Park?

I'm perfectly ok with it as long as at the same time AFL stops making MCG tenants like Richmond & Collingwood to play home games at Marvel Stadium.

It's GMHBA got to get the sponsors in, maybe they should have played Richmond versus Collingwood there seems to be a better
scoring venue. Hawthorn enjoyed the shorter quarters tonight, back to the VFL you go.

sure as long as we can play ours at Victoria park
Typical stupid Eddie comment.

I had a look at Victoria Park last week when I was in the are. It’s now nothing more than an average local council community ground. No fences and ordinary surface

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes they can, but I don’t want to see them picking and choosing if that’s the case. Move all home games including high drawing matches against Collingwood, Essendon and Hawthorn to KP.
You do know it isn’t Geelong who schedule them to play those teams at the MCG? Geelong have asked for all games to be played at Kardinia Park, the AFL are the ones who make them play at the MCG to look after their KPI’s

You do know it isn’t Geelong who schedule them to play those teams at the MCG? Geelong have asked for all games to be played at Kardinia Park, the AFL are the ones who make them play at the MCG to look after their KPI’s
Actually Geelong requests a couple of home game blockbusters at the G every year.
They dog whistle to their supporters that they want all of their home games at their home ground because it fits their cultural instinct to whinge like bitches.

Actually Geelong requests a couple of home game blockbusters at the G every year.
They dog whistle to their supporters that they want all of their home games at their home ground because it fits their cultural instinct to whinge like bitches.
Actually they don’t, they used to to appease the Melb based supporters, but Cook has been clear now for a few years that the club wants all games to be played at KP

I thought that they wanted Hawthorn at the MCG. In any case, I can see why. Who cares about the crowds if you can win by 61 points against Hawthorn.

Whenever we play them it's always there so that's not a factor for me.

What is a factor is the huge leg up they will get by being the only Vic team with a significant home ground advantage, still playing many basically neutral games in Melbourne and only traveling interstate a handful of times.

Non Vic teams have that same home ground advantage but it's offset by the away ground disadvantage and the extra travel. Geelong would have the best of both worlds.

So no, can't agree.

What is a factor is the huge leg up they will get by being the only Vic team with a significant home ground advantage, still playing many basically neutral games in Melbourne and only traveling interstate a handful of times.

Non Vic teams have that same home ground advantage but it's offset by the away ground disadvantage and the extra travel. Geelong would have the best of both worlds.

So no, can't agree.

What? Are we not allowed to say where our home games are played because our stadium is too close to other stadiums? That argument is dumb.

I have no issue with us being scheduled away like an interstate team though.

So no, can't agree.
I’ve said for years Geelong has the greatest advantage in the comp due to the reasons above. It’s a major factor in them making finals each year. Their odd shaped ground is a massive advantage during the home and away season. On the flip side it is also a disadvantage come finals when they play at the mcg as seen from their dismal finals record for the best part of a decade. However I have no problem with them playing all their home games at KP during the Home and Away season.

Back