Team Captain
Mar 13, 2001
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo
Can we beat Carlton this weekend??

I think that if we are still with them at half time and put in a respectable third quarter we will have a damn good chance. As long as we don't drop our bundle we should do OK.

I think I saw it in todays paper that we might have Toia and Koops playing on the weekend which will be good. Hopefully Modra can find some form, Was it just me imagining it or were they constantly kicking to Shell in the Ansett cup games even when Modra had led and Shell had two men on him?? If this is right then maybe Modras not in such bad form after all and will do alright if they kick to him.

My tip Freo by 11 points!

What does everyone else think??

Well I think were definitely in with a chance.We have the best defender for Kouta (if he plays), Parker can and does play well on him.Both sides have extremely strong midfields and both have weaker forward lines.

Its basically coming down to who makes the most of there opportunities.Fremantles sadly doesnt have the best track record in this area.But if pavlich and Schell can continue there good form and Modra and Koops can re kindle there form.There is no reason why we cant win the game, specially considering it our home game.

So considering both sides seem evenly matched the game will comes down to which half forward has the better day.

Pavlich or Whitenell (sp?)

It should be a good game and there should be a good crowd (30,000 at least)... but If I was betting I'd have to go with Carlton fairly easily. With Waterhouse out and Modra lacking form, they can't rely on Koops and newcomer Schell to step in.

Carlton by 38 points - but It should be even-stevens at half time.

Originally posted by sabre_ac:
Well I think were definitely in with a chance.We have the best defender for Kouta (if he plays), Parker can and does play well on him.Both sides have extremely strong midfields and both have weaker forward lines.

Its basically coming down to who makes the most of there opportunities.Fremantles sadly doesnt have the best track record in this area.But if pavlich and Schell can continue there good form and Modra and Koops can re kindle there form.There is no reason why we cant win the game, specially considering it our home game.

So considering both sides seem evenly matched the game will comes down to which half forward has the better day.

Pavlich or Whitenell (sp?)

Evenly matched???

Without a hint of bias, I would say that Carlton and Fremantle on paper are not evenly matched. You would have to be a one-eyed Docker to think that. But that only makes Freo's effort even better. They had heaps of run and Carlton just couldn't settle into a game plan. Bloody near gave me a coronary!!!! Freo just need to find that missing ingredient called consistency and they will go places.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back