Can we beat the Lions?

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Porthos
Unless we pick Thurstans, Morgan and Cassisi, in which case, we'll romp :D :cool:

Well 2 out of the 3 are in the squad..........mind you dropping Guerra stunned me a little considering he'll have to play in the reserves in the SANFL as Central's have the bye.......

B: Bishop, Wakelin, Kingsley
HB: Hardwick, Mead, Montgomery
C: James, Carr, Schofield
HF: P Burgoyne, Tredrea, Dew
F: Wanganeen, C Cornes, Cockatoo-Collins
Foll: Primus, N Stevens, Francou
Int: Poulton, M Stevens, French, Cassisi, Lade, Thurstans, K Cornes
In: Cassisi, M Stevens, K Cornes, Thurstans
Out: Guerra (omitted)

Well, if we get two of the three, I wonder if that becomes a 7 goal win? :eek: ;)

Originally posted by Mudholian

From their vulnerability to strong sides away from home. Funny how no-one was mentioning, say, Carltons good record against them when they were on their "streak". Soonas they lose to "worsfold" , out it cometh,

So because Carlton have had a good record against Brisbane lately, that makes them vulnerable??:confused:
Isn't EVERY team a little vulnerable to good teams away from home? That doesn't make them vulnerable - more like human. Brisbane (as everyone knows) beat all comers from Rd 10 onwards last year. Thats why they are "rated" - they were simply the best team - no-one can dispute that.

The other part of "over-reated" is that they are 5-1. A bit early to be yelling 'daylight".

They have the best record at the moment. Not many are saying daylight - people are expecting a reasonably close game this week. Essendon were supposed to challenge, and wilted. Port are next in line. If Port get beaten reasonably easily, why would this make Brisbane over-rated??

Port will win this but if time runs out before they get in front then they will make up the difference back in Port Adelaide in round 22

Really Nostradamus? Time will tell. Who knows what the season holds. Even if Port do make up the difference in Round 22, it will matter for naught if the Lions are on top of the ladder as they are now.

Originally posted by Tredders#16

U gotta be kiddin' me! I'm assuming they want him to go and get a bit of matchtime in the SANFL, but really, did they need to do it this week?

Tredders#16

as mentioned on the other thread he didn't train on Wednesday night and mentioned at the player chat that he's a little 'fluey' at the moment..........they might just be playing it safe......

I'm just invading your board quickly to say my piece. I reckon Port have a real show against the Lions.

Or maybe its just wishful thinking.:rolleyes:

Port seemed to play well against them last year in the qualifying final (sorry to bring up bad memories), and they tend to match up on the Lions well. The one match up problem is who will play on Bradshaw. He towelled the Bombers up a couple of weeks ago, so I reckon he's the danger player. Wakelin should take Lynch, so who does that leave? Bishop? Mead? Montgomery?

I hope the Power can beat the Lions, just so I can see the headlines in the Courier Mail on Monday -

"Lions Unplugged by the Power" or
"Lions Powerless to stop Port" or
"Power pull the plug on Lions home record".

It might sound lame, but you'd be surprised. They love a winner in Brisbane, and lame headlines always follow.

Of course, against Lynch, you want a player that won't be pushed off the mark. Paxman is a perfect match, but for the second time in the last two meetings with Brisbane, he won't be there, so Mead perhaps. Bishop on Bradshaw, and leave Wakelin loose in defence.

Originally posted by Eago77

That's not gonna help!:( :(

One day someone is going to explain why they rate Guerra. Sorry, while I wouldn't post anything all that negative about players I reckon he's had many many chances and burnt them all. You could mistake Montgomery and Guerra at the game - until there's a contest looming. I reckon his occasional good displays up forward actually hurt him - it makes some other lamer efforts pale by comparison.

Having said that naturally I hope he fights back and proves me wrong.

What a genius.

Geez...who would've thought one post would **** off so many people? They really are isolated up in Brisbane, hey.

Not all of us are that serious, Porthos. I laughed my head off when I saw it. :D :D

Well done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a genius.

At last somebody on these boards who understands my real talents.

Actually, I thought you guys weren't too bad today. I thought you persisted when you could have been blown away. I acknowledge that injuries to your big blokes made you undermanned in that department.

I reckon you got killed in the middle and in the area of first-grab possessions. We didn't fumble as much as you did. There were a couple of times when your blokes pressured us into mistakes. This is what you have to do to beat Brisbane - be more desperate for the whole game. West Coast managed to do this, that's why they won against us.

For this to work, you mustn't give us five goals at the start and five goals at the end. If you look at it that way there wasn't a lot in it. This is our most satisfying win for the year, so far, because of the quality of the opposition.
Still, probably shouldn't be giving away all of this.

Yeah, I'm thinking that Choco needs to tighten up our starting strategy....if it works, we get a run on, but when it doesn't, the opposition seems to - every game this year its worked like this.

The blowout, well, that was really icing.....when you lose both of your ruckmen like that, you can expect wheels to fall off.

I think Brisbane got sucked into playing Port's game in the third though....wasn't enough however. Ah well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back