Can We Do This Thing Final 8?

Will Adelaide make the 8?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Against Freo (Sandilands and Fyfe went down), Carlton (who are deplorable) and Hawks (have intel with Hodge).

It won’t be easy but play at or near our best and we will win.

Brisbane is not a defensive side so we can exploit as they are the type of sides we like to play.

This cannot be underestimated.
Worked against us with Geelong and this years with Melbourne and Lever - hope Charlie’s memory is bad !

To win the flag, which is the ultimate goal rather than just make finals, we'd have to win all remaining minor and major round matches for the rest of the year (maybe drop 1 minor round).
I always like to see us win, but excuse me for not getting too excited yet.
No, we can lose one minor and make it.

I feel melb are the vulnerable one. Probably depends on who wins out of melb and the cats at gmhba next week. A massive game which will be finals intensity and some sore bodies the following week against us i hope. Have analysed all fixtures and the equation is simple. Win our remaining 6 and we qualify. Win 13 and we are relying on other teams as our percentage is s**t. Gws away is the hard one imo but lose against the lions and the dream is over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just ran a ladder predictor giving us the win every week and otherwise going with the team higher on the ladder, leaving the point margins at the default 20. We finished 7th. I also went back through and did the same with us losing one game, changing which game it was every time, and we made the eight every time except when that one loss was to North Melbourne. I don't know what that means because there's pretty much no chance the higher-ranked team will actually win every game, but it seems like if we win every game through round 23, we're in.

Just ran a ladder predictor giving us the win every week and otherwise going with the team higher on the ladder, leaving the point margins at the default 20. We finished 7th. I also went back through and did the same with us losing one game, changing which game it was every time, and we made the eight every time except when that one loss was to North Melbourne. I don't know what that means because there's pretty much no chance the higher-ranked team will actually win every game, but it seems like if we win every game through round 23, we're in.
If we win every game we will make it, lose one we don’t.

even if by some miracle we finish in the 8 betcha bottom dollar that we'll have to play Geelong in Geelong. Then we will be screwed rather finish 11th or 12th than 8th and lose the first final.

No we won't.

The AFL won't even schedule a final with us at Etihad so there is no way we're being scheduled down at Geelong.

GWS, GC and Freo are about the only teams that Geelong will play there.

Last edited:
Even with disappointing losses to Freo, Essendon, Port and GWS, I reckon if we miss itll be by percentage. (Really sucks because if even 1 or 2 of these were wins, we would be calculating how to make top 4, letalone top 8)

Itll be the limpdick efforts vs Melbourne and Hawthorn and that awful 4th qtr vs Richmond that really cost us.

But i still believe.

If we win every game from here we WILL make finals. We play a few of the teams around us so fate is a bit in our hands. And if the others around us get a few upset losses all the better.

Bloody tigers.

Even with disappointing losses to Freo, Essendon, Port and GWS, I reckon if we miss itll be by percentage. (Really sucks because if even 1 or 2 of these were wins, we would be calculating how to make top 4, letalone top 8)

Itll be the limpdick efforts vs Melbourne and Hawthorn and that awful 4th qtr vs Richmond that really cost us.

But i still believe.

If we win every game from here we WILL make finals. We play a few of the teams around us so fate is a bit in our hands. And if the others around us get a few upset losses all the better.

Bloody tigers.
The loss to freo was the lowest ebb in my eyes. A game we should never have lost. Has been the season from hell but if on the small chance we make it we would be coming in with some real form and most likely playing our best side.

I'll chime in with a different perspective. Looking at our seasons in 97 and 98 after round 17 (remember no byes back then):

97 - 9W, 8L
98 - 9W, 8L

We are currently 8W, 8L after 16 games have been played. If we beat the Lions next week, we'd be 9W, 8L.
Granted the competition is a lot more fierce now, and playing against the bottom teams won't be as easy as back in the 90s. However, we're still in with a fighting chance, and if we can keep pulling the wins and make the Finals, it'd be the season most similar to the premiership years!

I'll chime in with a different perspective. Looking at our seasons in 97 and 98 after round 17 (remember no byes back then):

97 - 9W, 8L
98 - 9W, 8L

We are currently 8W, 8L after 16 games have been played. If we beat the Lions next week, we'd be 9W, 8L.
Granted the competition is a lot more fierce now, and playing against the bottom teams won't be as easy as back in the 90s. However, we're still in with a fighting chance, and if we can keep pulling the wins and make the Finals, it'd be the season most similar to the premiership years!

In 1997 we were 10W 7L after Round 17, and as a sign of how stupidly even that season was we sat 1st after Round 19 with 12W 7L. If you have 12W 7L at Round 19 this year you'll be about 5th.

We're running out of games and we have a terrible percentage. We will need to win every game.

Back