Can we get Mazda as our sponsor?

Remove this Banner Ad

bulldogs1

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2001
Shoppers Crossing
Other Teams
Dogs
Not wishing any misfortune on the Roos, but it is a distinct possibility that Mazda will be looking for a way out of their sponsorship of the Roos.

If that is the case, strike while the iron is hot boys.

Just a feeling, that's all. If the number one player at the club, who is the face of the club, is involved in something tawdry, then I can imagine a sponsor being unhappy, ala the TAC with Richmond.
Originally posted by OldSchool
Why would you believe that Mazda are looking for a way out
of the Kangaroos sponsorship ?
It would be good for the Bulldogs but unless you have some insider information it might be unlikely.

Radio is already speculating about the possibility of Mazda pulling the plug on the Kangaroos. If so this would be bad news for us as well because I think that Mazda is the only match day sposorship that we have announced.

If my recollection is right Mazda nearly became our sponsor instead of Vodaphone, but then changed their minds and went to North because they would get a more national audience.

But I don't think Mazda will be able to just pull the plug over Carey, they would already be commited to North for a certain amount of time

Unless there is some sort of 'out' clause regarding behaviour of players, etc.
Originally posted by Bulldog1954
If my recollection is right Mazda nearly became our sponsor instead of Vodaphone, but then changed their minds and went to North because they would get a more national audience.

But I don't think Mazda will be able to just pull the plug over Carey, they would already be commited to North for a certain amount of time

Mazda ain't gonna give up their sponsorship with the Roos. Can u imagine how bad that would make them look, abandoning a struggling club when they're at their lowest

I think its a shame that all this has happened, but the only good thing I can see coming out of this for us is that I think we now have the best CHF in the AFL :) (assuming he plays, which he will)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back