Can we give Travis Boak some love?

Remove this Banner Ad

He doesn't have the star power because he is from a non Victorian team but I feel he has been every bit as good as Pendlebury, Neale, Shuey
He doesn’t have the star power because he’s at a non Victorian team but is up there with other stars Neale and Shuey who are also at non Victorian teams?

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
solid player, what's his one wood? I couldn't tell you.
Watch a Port game with a stoppage at half back and then see Boak get on the end of the same chain of possessions to receive the ball at half forward. Often on the other flank as well. Seems to happen 5-10 times a game.

His work rate is off the charts. He's a bigger, stronger, more skilled version of Kane Lambert who all Tigers fans know the importance of.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Gun player and a good sort.

See even Boaky realises Sholl was robbed of a rising star. The ******* captain of our home town rivals has more regard for our club than the AFL.

This is the sorta thing that tips him in the HOF.

His off field professionalism is as good as any.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Would be one of the few players going around that wouldn't have haters I'd have thought. How could you hate Travis Boak?
Richmond fans hate anything and everyone that isn't related to Richmond.

But other than that...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bungeye

Club Legend
Aug 19, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
While I acknowledge your man love for Travis, would it be inappropiate at this given time to confess my man love for Sir Jordan De Goey?

PowerForGood

2020. The year the competition became terminal. Ju
10k Posts
Sep 1, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Lakers, Rabbitohs
Port is a perennial tease. How many times have they gone on a run under Hinkley only to squander it in the second half of the season.

This season has benefited them with genuine home games. Had it the easiest after Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
Yeah great story.... really nailed the topic.

PowerForGood

2020. The year the competition became terminal. Ju
10k Posts
Sep 1, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Lakers, Rabbitohs
This guy has been an absolute superstar for my football club. I feel he doesn't get the recognition he deserves, this year as a 32 year old is having a career best season in a career that has already reached great heights. He doesn't have the star power because he is from a non Victorian team but I feel he has been every bit as good as Pendlebury, Neale, Shuey etc over the years and also shown great loyalty after the infamous Geelong invasion of 2012. He is an absolute weapon, think he will deserve to be known as one of the greats of our football club, and in turn the AFL when we win the premiership this year.
All hail Sir Travis Boak
Not quite a Pendlebury imo, but not as far off as most Vics in particular think

Pendlebury would be a more pure ball winner with cleaner disposal, Boak maybe slightly more dangerous in an attacking sense.

power09

Club Legend
Dec 7, 2008
Burra SA
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Timberwolves
"Every bit as good as Pendlebury"? Please...

Boak has had 3-4 great seasons (2013-2014, 2019-2020), and a lot of good-but-not-great in between.

He's a very good player, and full credit to him for resurrecting a career that appeared to be on the decline a couple of years ago (positioning him in the middle rather than at half forward helps, Ken!), but he lacks a bit of polish and year in, year out consistency when compared to the absolute elite of the past 10-15 years.

He was very good in 2010-2011, but those teams were noncompetitive so its understandable that people don't remember or care.

Sep 11, 2006
MCG
AFL Club
Collingwood
This guy has been an absolute superstar for my football club. I feel he doesn't get the recognition he deserves, this year as a 32 year old is having a career best season in a career that has already reached great heights. He doesn't have the star power because he is from a non Victorian team but I feel he has been every bit as good as Pendlebury, Neale, Shuey etc over the years and also shown great loyalty after the infamous Geelong invasion of 2012. He is an absolute weapon, think he will deserve to be known as one of the greats of our football club, and in turn the AFL when we win the premiership this year.
All hail Sir Travis Boak

Who is Trevor Bock?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back