Can we now stop calling it the "Supplements saga"?

Nov 16, 2004
Location Location
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
Not at all.

You can be a willing participant in an unsafe situation.

Remember NONE of the players followed the AFL rules on drugs and NONE of the players so much as Googled any of the drugs.

So they willingly partook of the PEDs and didn't take basic steps to protect themselves.

Not inconsistent at all.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Crameri's mum used dr google

blackcat

Irving's godfather and handle
Dec 29, 2003
Beverly Hills 90210 Antifa bracket
AFL Club
Richmond
Was it his Mum that rang SEN, or (as stated by many at the time) Ariel Steinberg? Or was that all just completely made up?
nah, who was the guy with the hipster tatts, who struggled to even get rookie games for Bendigo, that guy, his mum. I reckon, not Steinberg's mom. I reckon Steinberg and his head cut off like a chook abandon in the backline, could have got a spot on the Tigs backline, either CHB or back flank. The current MVP at the back, Rance, he started out like that. Like to see Steinberg as a back flank opposite Grimes.

Spin it any way you want, make as many excuses as you need.
The bottom line is they were charged and convicted.
Ever seen these boards talk about any player that has a criminal record?
They don't forget.
The reason i bring this up Mxett is, you want people to forget and move on, they won't forget, the criminal record is there forever.

As much as some should have a criminal record from this, sadly I don't believe any have. The convictions are not part of the Australian legal system and whilst Hird and his clan entertained the court with frivolous appeals, he too has been exempt from a conviction.

So whilst a teenage breaks a window whilst a bit pissed will have a criminal record for an extensive period, the perpetrators of "a pharmacologically experimental environment never adequately controlled or challenged or documented" affecting at least 34 fellow human beings who were injected with a cocktail of unknown drugs, they are free of conviction.

Dec 2, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
It annoys all of you that we are moving forward as a club that us supporters are content with everything now, It's a new dawn and we will all add to that.

It annoys you that we got through this without turning on each other it annoys you that we have shown our true colors in terms of strength and character.

It annoys you that we are still standing stronger than ever it annoys you that our players returned our stars came back.

It annoys you that the penny has finally dropped and that the Essendon football club is ready to take that next step.

It annoys you that we are back!!!

Put that in your Essendon supporters say the darnedest thing thread. :)

Jul 27, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
call it whatever you like. The findings and penalties are in the past. It's yesterday's news
we just need to make sure that "yesterdays news" is recorded with the correct terminology when the many books about this catastrophic failure by EFC are written in the future. This lily does not need gilding.

Jul 27, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
It annoys all of you that we are moving forward as a club that us supporters are content with everything now, It's a new dawn and we will all add to that.

It annoys you that we got through this without turning on each other it annoys you that we have shown our true colors in terms of strength and character.

It annoys you that we are still standing stronger than ever it annoys you that our players returned our stars came back.

It annoys you that the penny has finally dropped and that the Essendon football club is ready to take that next step.

It annoys you that we are back!!!

Put that in your Essendon supporters say the darnedest thing thread. :)
no. it just annoys me that a drug conviction gets downgraded to a supplement saga. thats all

Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
As much as some should have a criminal record from this, sadly I don't believe any have. The convictions are not part of the Australian legal system and whilst Hird and his clan entertained the court with frivolous appeals, he too has been exempt from a conviction.

So whilst a teenage breaks a window whilst a bit pissed will have a criminal record for an extensive period, the perpetrators of "a pharmacologically experimental environment never adequately controlled or challenged or documented" affecting at least 34 fellow human beings who were injected with a cocktail of unknown drugs, they are free of conviction.
I'm not talking about players, the club was charged and convicted.

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
The reason i bring this up Mxett is, you want people to forget and move on, they won't forget, the criminal record is there forever.

I can't speak for everyone, but had Essendon just accepted their responsibility and owned up to what they did, I'd have happily considered the whole episode to be over and hope they, and others learn by their mistake.

However, their continual bleatings of innocence, copious time wasting appeals and attempts to blame others has made me rather angry with them over the years and because of this, I will never forgive Essendon, and they will be forever tarnished in my eyes.

Simple as that.

mxett

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Gibberish, lol, we are back to that.
The efc were charged and convicted.

The other gibberish?
well i can't understand why a club and insurance company would waste millions, when the club admitted guilt by taking a penalty for doping.
which is pretty much irrelevant to the current club caretakers. In fact even if they were still there theyve served their penalties. It's like Sharapova being reminded of her ban every time she steps onto the tennis court. She made a mistake, will have served her penalty, and should be allowed to get on with her career.

mxett

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
However, their continual bleatings of innocence, copious time wasting appeals and attempts to blame others has made me rather angry with them over the years and because of this, I will never forgive Essendon, and they will be forever tarnished in my eyes.
I agree they should have owned up if they knew they had wronged, but I dont think it is anywhere that simple. Its quite possible that Robinson and Dank conspired to keep the truth about what they used from the players and club (see texts discussing naming all substances as amino acids) which lead to a situation where the club just didnt know. How can you admit guilt if you dont know?

Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
which is pretty much irrelevant to the current club caretakers. In fact even if they were still there theyve served their penalties. It's like Sharapova being reminded of her ban every time she steps onto the tennis court. She made a mistake, will have served her penalty, and should be allowed to get on with her career.
Don't tell me mxett, tell the people who you want to let it go, i don't like your chances of getting through though.

Jan 7, 2005
Down the rabbit hole
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Fatebringer
Gibberish, lol, we are back to that.
The efc were charged and convicted.

The other gibberish?
well i can't understand why a club and insurance company would waste millions, when the club admitted guilt by taking a penalty for doping.
you don't even know what a criminal record is. Unreal

Muggs

Premiership Player
Jan 16, 2015
Your local dark alley
AFL Club
Adelaide
I agree they should have owned up if they knew they had wronged, but I dont think it is anywhere that simple. Its quite possible that Robinson and Dank conspired to keep the truth about what they used from the players and club (see texts discussing naming all substances as amino acids) which lead to a situation where the club just didnt know. How can you admit guilt if you dont know?

And that's why you got done for governance.

Even if they did conspire to do this, your internal controls should have made this very difficult to achieve.

For example all well and good about talking about amino acids in texts but the supplements stilll shave gone through some expenditure controls which should have meant you had good records about what you authorized (e.g Dank requesting and Reid approving) before being ordered, what got purchased (i.e order not placed by Dank or footy department), received and got used so their were no doubts about what happened.

Probably weren't the only club at that point in time with poor internal controls, but you were the guys which brought the dodgy people inside the club.

Jul 27, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I repeat I'm not suggesting further penalties. Just correct terminology and no more supplement BS. they were DRUGS.

Back