Can we now stop calling it the "Supplements saga"?

mxett ,
I applaud your enthusiasm, however you are not going to change the perceptions for the vast majority of us. This was an orchestrated and deliberate process to improve the work efforts of your players through performance enhancing substances.

The methods deployed would have alerted the players to the warning signs from the numerous digital media, emails and pamphlets that the players would have received from ASADA and the clearly visible improvements and then resulting soft tissue injuries would have also alerted them if they had not been informed

An assistant coach provided the peptide melanotan II to your CEO to self-administer and your coach was also confirmed to have used it although there is no WADA sanctions for this type of stupidity.

There are two possibilities...
1. The entire Essendon playing group was so mentally challenged that they could not collectively comprehend that they had failed to comply with a significant number of ASADA requirements by athletes
2. The entire football operations group, funded via the CEO and accepted by a number of board members as legitimate, were in on the process to dud the rest of the AFL, the public.

Please read Seven Deadly Sins (David Walsh) or Put me back on my (bloody) bike by William Fotheringham and you will understand how pathetic option one is (my 13yo understands their requirements for ASADA drug testing in their sport) and I am more than happy to lend these or other books to you if you would like.

mxett

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
100 or HUNDREDS?

Or 40?

Make up your mind.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Well for it to orchestrated all players and staff would have needed to know so they didnt inadvertently spill the beans. Therefore around 100 people would have agreed to the decision to use PEDs on purpose. I call BS, not a chance in hell.

Then, as far as whistle-blowing goes, all these 100 people would have close friends and relatives that would have a fair clue what happened, especially if it was a planned cheating program. Yet not a single person has said boo, even though a number would no longer care if the club burned.

mxett

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
This was an orchestrated and deliberate process to improve the work efforts of your players through performance enhancing substances.
:rolleyes:
The methods deployed would have alerted the players to the warning signs from the numerous digital media, emails and pamphlets that the players would have received from ASADA and the clearly visible improvements and then resulting soft tissue injuries would have also alerted them if they had not been informed
They initially had suspicisons obviously, hence the consents, but were then assured this was 'cutting-edge' but perfectly legal.
An assistant coach provided the peptide melanotan II to your CEO to self-administer and your coach was also confirmed to have used it although there is no WADA sanctions for this type of stupidity.
How is this relevant??

mxett

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Consent forms signed with Thymosin on them = club trying to cover their ass.

Asada forms with no Thymosin mentioned =
Black ops= whatever it takes= cheating = DRUG CHEATS
from what I understand the players didnt declare anything, even clearly legal substances. This leads me to believe players in general dont declare substances because in previous years it was only a recommendation. Not sure about you but if I wanted to hide the use of a substance the first thing Id do would be declare all the compliant substances I was taking, not just ignore it.

Muggs

Premiership Player
Jan 16, 2015
Your local dark alley
AFL Club
Adelaide
Consent forms were done after program started
Source htb
from what I can tell the program wasnt the same for the entire time, it changed over the year. The consents were introduced when enough changes sparked player concerns

Dank started Nov 2011 and supposedly started the supplements pretty soon after with Robinson
Leadership group asked for details about supplement programs 16 Jan
Consent forms 8 Feb

armpit

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 8, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
As far as it goes I'm two out three, Hird has skulked off, there has been some form of punishment to the club and players. Strike would be we all know quite clearly what was administered to those players. They have a right to know, but so does the public, so we can stop having these threads.

Garlic muncher

Cancelled
Feb 3, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
The only players charged were the ones who sought an assurance from the club that thymosin listed on the form was WADA compliant.

That does not in any way sound like a bunch of cheats, actually sounds like the opposite.

The campaigners on the circle jerk club just keep getting it on together day after day, week after week and now year after year.

Absolutely astonishing decision by WADA based on no real proof, no positive tests, no amount of drugs, no whistleblowers.

Complete stitch up IMHO.

armpit

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 8, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
The only players charged were the ones who sought an assurance from the club that thymosin listed on the form was WADA compliant.

That does not in any way sound like a bunch of cheats, actually sounds like the opposite.

The campaigners on the circle jerk club just keep getting it on together day after day, week after week and now year after year.

Absolutely astonishing decision by WADA based on no real proof, no positive tests, no amount of drugs, no whistleblowers.

Complete stitch up IMHO.
I don't think anyone around is going to want to start backtracking it and start the whole wads thing off again. As far as punishment goes, I was happy to accept some sacrificial lambs at the time.

Garlic muncher

Cancelled
Feb 3, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
, I was happy to accept some sacrificial lambs at the time.

Aint that the truth, you and the mob baying for blood.

WADA did all right as well, pocketed the 30,000 Swiss francs fine from Essendon for their trouble, probably payed the bar tab and a cruise around the harbour, maybe even some skimpies.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
there is no way this soft term would be used if the same issue was in the NRL or any overseas comp. "Performance enhancing drugs" is the term and is what the suspension was for. Lets cut the crap now.

Performance enhancing?
Serious leap there in logic, not that you seem to use much here.
Experimental Supplements Injection program is the term that best describe what went on.

Aug 27, 2014
spacetime
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
there are no other teams worthy
You'd hardly use the whole list on an "experiment" oh Logical Guru?

This logical guru would not even start such an ill conceived experiment to start with.
The Whatever It Takes Injectors almost got what they deserved.
Got off lightly in the end but least they got some hardship because of it.
Not nearly enough though.
Still amazed ******* Gil allows them to be rewarded with pick one.

Nov 16, 2004
Location Location
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
This logical guru would not even start such an ill conceived experiment to start with.
The Whatever It Takes Injectors almost got what they deserved.
Got off lightly in the end but least they got some hardship because of it.
Not nearly enough though.
Still amazed ******* Gil allows them to be rewarded with pick one.
And according to hs a night home game first round

An "illegal Performance Enhancing Drugs regime" has a nice ring to it.
there is no way this soft term would be used if the same issue was in the NRL or any overseas comp. "Performance enhancing drugs" is the term and is what the suspension was for. Lets cut the crap now.
perhaps we can call it the 'bad steaks'
Gotta love a lot of the Essendon posters in here.

Spent years denying and defending the club, and as soon as it's all finally out in the open they whinge about people not moving on.

In their minds they can't lose.

there, there princess, let it out,
let it go..

this entire board is slowly transforming from the pathetic to something much, much sadder..:thumbsu:
c0a70404adfe910c4d46e84612760965.jpg

Max Headroom

Club Legend
Dec 19, 2014
Off with the fairies
AFL Club
Essendon
Gotta love a lot of the Essendon posters in here.

Spent years denying and defending the club, and as soon as it's all finally out in the open they whinge about people not moving on.

In their minds they can't lose.
I think you are making the mistake of tarring us all with the one brush.

You guys are all the same:p

Back