Roast Can we please get a decent banner writer at the club

Remove this Banner Ad

West Coast, French Toast & a mention of LeCras....?

On the Carlton v Sydney article on the AFL website the author called it banner of the week and labelled it "gold".

EDIT:

Banner of the round
There was much talk in the press box before the game about whether banners should be banned. But the doubters were silenced by these four lines of gold from the Blues' cheer squad:
Smash these Bloods
Come on Blues
They don't care
They got rid of Roos

Must admit, had a bit of a chuckle at how shouse it was, but your not the only ones-we've had some shockers in the past. But yesterdays effort takes the cake.

But who cares, you smashed them anyway

I don't normally take too much notice of the banner, but I saw it and thought it was pretty ordinary, Dunstall even interupted Nathan Brown on MMM to draw attention to how sh!t it was.

No more cocain,
No more ice,
Let's show the weagles,
how to play nice,

(I'm no better)

Smash them Carlton,
Smash these Eagles.
We can smell blood
As keenly as beagles.

What are the odds this makes it? :eek:

Here come the goals
by the dozens
Eagles don't give a ****
They got rid of Cousins

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That banner was the most cringeworthy piece of garbage i have ever read ...i know the CS must be run by 12 year old kids ..but surely they can do better than that . :eek:

For the dimwits who wrote it ..Roos retired ..the Swans didn't get rid of him !

HARKER is in his element here.

Have you considered joining the cheer squad, Harks?

Eagle fans still cry about Judd.
How we love the taste of their tears.
Now we'll smash their team
And they can stick that up their rears.

or

Last week the Swans of Sydney
This week the Eagles of West Coast
Don't care what type of bird you are
Like chickens you will roast.

Ok peeps..... You will be shocked to hear this but it is actually someone within the Carlton Football Club who tells the cheersquad what goes on the banner (sorry but can't remember his name). The cheersquad have no say on the matter. It was like that when my daughters were in the cheersquad 2 yrs ago & it apparently is still like that today.

My all time favorite (when I was in the cheersquad back in the day) was against Collingwood & the cheersquad got fined for this one.... It went something like this.....

You can't pick gutters up out of Collingwood but
You can pick Collingwood up out of the gutters

That ended up in a $1500 fine :D

Pretty ordinary effort i thought.

i don't take to much notice of the banners to be honest, unless its a big milestone for a player. but a few beauts that spring to mind from years ago........

Richmond one back in 95, first final against Essendon they had the biggest banner you'll ever see with "WE'RE BACK" written across it.....i hate Richmond but that one was good.

Also the Fitzroy one that told the AFL what they really thought of them....:thumbsu::D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back