Society/Culture Can we please stop equating the risk posed by left wing extremists with that of right wing extremists?

Remove this Banner Ad

Malifice

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
In the US the HTA reported that DHS law enforcement officers suffered over 300 separate injuries by far left extremists.
No they didn't. Stop making unsubstantiated claims.

As far as US terrorist fatalities are concerned, we are looking at five in total in the first eight months of 2020. One by an Antifa activist, one by a far-right extremist, one by an anti-feminist, and two by an adherent of the Boogaloo movement. To put those five deaths in perspective, in the same period there were 38,390 deaths by firearm, of which 24,432 were by suicide and 13,958 were homicides.
None by an Islamist?

Great, guess they're not a threat either.

I reject the deliberate attempts to conflate the right wing and Islamist terror threat.
You know better than ASIO and the FBI then who have them both on nearly level pegging?

Righte-o. You should give ASIO a call and explain your position that they're devoting too much time investigating right wing terrorists.

Actually based on your likely browsing history, you probably shouldn't.

Gethelred

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
anarchism is placed on the far-left of the political spectrum

From the HTA

DHS law enforcement officers suffered over 300 separate injuries and were assaulted with sledgehammers, commercial grade fireworks, rocks, metal pipes, improvised explosive devices, and more. This violence, perpetrated by anarchist extremists.
Go on, tell Snake_Baker he's left wing. Be good for a laugh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FireKrakouer

I'll beat ya dad up!
Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't need to read his mind. He said so in his manifesto and in his interview with Police.
So you not only go against the NZ anti terror advice by mentioning his name (damn near daily), but you have studied his manifesto and spread that word also?

It honestly sounds like you have hard-on for these types.

Gethelred

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
So you not only go against the NZ anti terror advice by mentioning his name (damn near daily), but you have studied his manifesto and spread that word also?

It honestly sounds like you have hard-on for these types.
You really are the most wonderful troll on here, FK. There ain't nothing you can't spin back around on whoever you're quoting.

I mean, EasternTiger's funnier, but you are breathtaking in your ability to bend reality to your will.

FireKrakouer

I'll beat ya dad up!
Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
You really are the most wonderful troll on here, FK. There ain't nothing you can't spin back around on whoever you're quoting.

I mean, EasternTiger's funnier, but you are breathtaking in your ability to bend reality to your will.
Thanks, but I don't understand. Mass killers crave notoriety. I am suggesting that we strip them of said notoriety. In NZ they even blur out the shooters face on the news.

We can acknowledge and discuss the horrific tragedy that occurred without mentioning the perpetrators name on a daily basis and using it as a point scoring exercise.

Gethelred

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Thanks, but I don't understand. Mass killers crave notoriety. I am suggesting that we strip them of said notoriety. In NZ they even blur out the shooters face on the news.

We can acknowledge and discuss the horrific tragedy that occurred without mentioning the perpetrators name on a daily basis and using it as a point scoring exercise.
And I think your ability to adopt any pose in order to flip things around on whoever you're talking with is just uncanny. You sound like you actually believe the things you're saying!

FireKrakouer

I'll beat ya dad up!
Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
And I think your ability to adopt any pose in order to flip things around on whoever you're talking with is just uncanny. You sound like you actually believe the things you're saying!
If my stance is ridiculous, it should be easy for you to counter. Do you believe that we should give mass killers the perpetual notoriety that they desire?

Gethelred

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
If my stance is ridiculous, it should be easy for you to counter. Do you believe that we should give mass killers the perpetual notoriety that they desire?
Did I say your stance is ridiculous? I don't think I did.

I'm just marvelling at your ability to don a new face with each and every post you make. One day, you're a friend to all; the next, you're an antagonistic troll; then next week, you're gleefully shoving people's faces in their defeat; then you're a penitent magnanimous saint with the higher ground. You are whatever suits the point you're trying to make at the time.

I'm not talking about what you're trying to say here, because you don't believe it. You're looking for another pivot, another person to draw into your chameleon act.

All I'm doing is applauding, FK. You're too good for this world.

FireKrakouer

I'll beat ya dad up!
Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Did I say your stance is ridiculous? I don't think I did.

I'm just marvelling at your ability to don a new face with each and every post you make. One day, you're a friend to all; the next, you're an antagonistic troll; then next week, you're gleefully shoving people's faces in their defeat; then you're a penitent magnanimous saint with the higher ground. You are whatever suits the point you're trying to make at the time.

I'm not talking about what you're trying to say here, because you don't believe it. You're looking for another pivot, another person to draw into your chameleon act.

All I'm doing is applauding, FK. You're too good for this world.
All fair points except for "gleefully shoving people's faces in their defeat". I don't think I've done that, and regret it if I have.

You're not the first to mention that I seemingly have multiple personalities, so it must come off that way. I think it's just moodiness + occasional prescription drug changes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gethelred

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
All fair points except for "gleefully shoving people's faces in their defeat". I don't think I've done that, and regret it if I have.

You're not the first to mention that I seemingly have multiple personalities, so it must come off that way. I think it's just moodiness + occasional prescription drug changes.
See, that's the trouble with completely shunning an identity in order to make your arguments stronger: when you attempt sincerity, people still look sideways at you, waiting for the penny to drop. You 'come off that way' because that's the way you behave. You defend reprehensible sh*t, you perpetuate misinformation, and you genuinely troll just for the lulz.

Why would someone try to reach you with their arguments if you're the least sincere poster here?

FireKrakouer

I'll beat ya dad up!
Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
See, that's the trouble with completely shunning an identity in order to make your arguments stronger: when you attempt sincerity, people still look sideways at you, waiting for the penny to drop. You 'come off that way' because that's the way you behave. You defend reprehensible sh*t, you perpetuate misinformation, and you genuinely troll just for the lulz.

Why would someone try to reach you with their arguments if you're the least sincere poster here?
Reprehensible sh*t? Insincerity? You got me confused with someone else bruv.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad