Society/Culture Can we please stop equating the risk posed by left wing extremists with that of right wing extremists?

Remove this Banner Ad

?

You never noticed people fight over whether something is terrorism or mental illness depending on where that person is from? It happens every time.
I notice a lot of people looking for any excuse to give white supremacists a pass

You can find similar hypocrisy on the left, just have to look or even just be open to it.
again point me to a recent mass shooting by someone radicalised to the left

again point me to a recent mass shooting by someone radicalised to the left

I don't know, whatever the tally is.

My point is more about the reactions to certain events, and the disinformation and hypocrisy in those.

Viola Davis posted a meme the other day showing a grid of about 12 unarmed black people shot dead by cops and 12 white unarmed men simply arrested. Some people actually take this stuff literally. I felt it was disinformation, and somebody asked me to name 12 white unarmed people who were shot dead by police. I had to point out that it was a whole statistical category.

Then there's memes like this. Maybe it's amusing to some people, but it's another kind of disinformation. I can think back to attacks in Melbourne alone, let alone the world, by people of colour that were ruled as mental illness, or ice addiction, rather than terrorism.

elnLWs9.jpeg

My point is more about the reactions to certain events, and the disinformation and hypocrisy in those.

Viola Davis posted a meme the other day showing a grid of about 12 unarmed black people shot dead by cops and 12 white unarmed men simply arrested. Some people actually take this stuff literally. I felt it was disinformation, and somebody asked me to name 12 white unarmed people who were shot dead by police. I had to point out that it was a whole statistical category.

Then there's memes like this. Maybe it's amusing to some people, but it's another kind of disinformation. I can think back to attacks in Melbourne alone, let alone the world, by people of colour that were ruled as mental illness, or ice addiction, rather than terrorism.

elnLWs9.jpeg
this kinda shows how ****ed your views are, carry on

Extremism is extremism, advocating killing is advocating killing, that is all that matters. If you excuse one it just pushes people the other way
It's not about excusing anything.

Although it is about many times the right hand-wave the fascist and neo-Nazi terrorists as lone wolves, while demanding every Muslim apologise and be held accountable for their own radicalised element.

It's not about excusing anything.

Although it is about many times the right hand-wave the fascist and neo-Nazi terrorists as lone wolves, while demanding every Muslim apologise and be held accountable for their own radicalised element.
All I keep hearing is anyone white is a nazi, and anyone non-white is a "lone-wolf"

Maybe it is the source of the material you go to?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

elnLWs9.jpeg

I remember when Sisto Malaspina was killed in Burke Street a 'hipster' wanted to meditate for the murderer claiming he obviously suffered mental illness. No s**t.

Of course you are absolutely right.

I remember when Sisto Malaspina was killed in Burke Street a 'hipster' wanted to meditate for the murderer claiming he obviously suffered mental illness. No s**t.

Of course you are absolutely right.

I remember a leftist politician Dr Anne Aly responded with a whataboutism about domestic violence.

Just like how threads like this gather dust until someone of the right colour skin shoots people? Thousands of people are shot with the same colour skin as victims here and nobody bumped threads over it.

You'll have to forgive people for thinking it's being used where politically convenient.

Amazing how the US economy is in trouble, the democrats are in trouble in the upcoming election and the usual narrative of gun control and abortion shows up just in time to keep democrat voters turning up to tick the box isn't it?

You shouldn't take this me suggesting it's some sort of false flag thing, you should interpret it for what I said - that they only show you stories when it suits them.

So then why are Fox News not broadcasting every single shooting by a PoC? That would definitely suit their narrative.

So then why are Fox News not broadcasting every single shooting by a PoC? That would definitely suit their narrative.

What's the headline on that? "Historical Violent Trend Continues!"
The US doesn't care about people of colour committing violence because there's nothing in it politically. The victims are almost all other people of colour and the democrats talking about it will look like they haven't fixed problems they've been selling the solution to every election for fifty years and republicans don't think the people of colour are voting for them anyway so even talk about it?

The stories only get air time when they fit a message. You'll notice how there has been zero to very few stories of police shootings in the last couple of years but that figure will blow right up around November and even more again around 2024. The shootings happen fairly evenly spread throughout but are only worth talking about to them when they get something out of it - in this case it's getting people upset enough to hit the streets and give them content for the next few weeks.

We are told what to believe and I truly believe that until you've been at an event that you've later seen on the news that has been entirely lied about for a dramatic story you're going to believe what you see and hear. That's not a you you, that's a everyone you.

We are told what to believe and I truly believe that until you've been at an event that you've later seen on the news that has been entirely lied about for a dramatic story you're going to believe what you see and hear. That's not a you you, that's a everyone you.
Journalism has become activism and the media is now in the business of shaping what is perceived or decided to be the narrative. Facts that contradict the narrative are either ignored or given low prominence. Extremes in reactions are encouraged, objectivity and logic discouraged.

Who told you to believe that?

Fourteen kids getting their brains blown out is somehow going to the media's fault for Taylor.
What a gross mischaracterisation. The entire point I'm making is that we haven't heard similarly about the dozens of children killed in inner cities this year, we don't hear about then at all until someone gets to wave a political flag over it.

What a gross mischaracterisation. The entire point I'm making is that we haven't heard similarly about the dozens of children killed in inner cities this year, we don't hear about then at all until someone gets to wave a political flag over it.
If you honestly can't work out why over a dozen kids being killed in one hit at a school gets more press than dozens killed in multiple incidents over an extended period I'm not sure what to tell ya Tayls :drunk:

Were they done by the same person on a single day? If not thats your answer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back