Society/Culture Can we please stop equating the risk posed by left wing extremists with that of right wing extremists?

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, in a literal sense plenty of political parties and social movements can be compared to Nazism. Mussolini within the same conflict took his fascist style from Germany. Pinochet did as well.

One needs to look at things like WW2, genocides and the Holocaust not as isolated incidents that were completely unalike, because there are similarities and differences that illuminate the various pathways in that direction. Ignorance is not vigilance.

You're trying to school me on what Nazis did now?

Just stop. You're genuinely embarrassing yourself now.

But he did raise the fist. That’s why it sits very uncomfortably with.

Seeing black Americans raise their fist is like a scene out of Western Africa full of insurgency.

These people are trouble makers that must quelled.

So to be clear you also believe that it is incorrect to link any of the poor behaviour that we have seen in the US of A to the BLM movement?
I don't recall saying that. Perhaps you could try quoting precisely where I've said that, ever.

I think each and every social movement that has ever arisen in America has had its share of grifters and opportunists. I don't think BLM is any different.

Seeing black Americans raise their fist is like a scene out of Western Africa full of insurgency.

Having played a small part from afar in an African insurgency I can assure you that your characterisation of these people is wrong.

Damn! I knew I recognised the rhetoric you were running with in the BLM thread!

Your statements over there - about how Antifa/BLM are weak, yet easily beatable - are akin to George W's and the Iraq war; a set of desert savages, who can't compare to the MIGHT of the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES(!!!!) yet are a threat to our way of life.

Funny that. A social movement that libertarians should be supporting - as it also meets their own goals in terms of limiting state power - but deride because the Right is more important than the Free part of their ideology.

I don't recall saying that. Perhaps you could try quoting precisely where I've said that, ever.

I think each and every social movement that has ever arisen in America has had its share of grifters and opportunists. I don't think BLM is any different.

No that was Number37's position to be fair, which is what I was originally referring to.

You are spot on with your second paragraph which was my point. I personally feel it goes a bit deeper than grifters and opportunists, which is where our views part.

Damn! I knew I recognised the rhetoric you were running with in the BLM thread!

Your statements over there - about how Antifa/BLM are weak, yet easily beatable - are akin to George W's and the Iraq war; a set of desert savages, who can't compare to the MIGHT of the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES(!!!!) yet are a threat to our way of life.

Funny that. A social movement that libertarians should be supporting - as it also meets their own goals in terms of limiting state power - but deride because the Right is more important than the Free part of their ideology.

We discussed already pack mentality. Of course a group of 20 is more menacing than if you came up against one of them
In a one on one.

This social movement is disrupting people’s live and causing great inconvenience.

We discussed already pack mentality. Of course a group of 20 is more menacing than if you came up against one of them
In a one on one.

This social movement is disrupting people’s live and causing great inconvenience.
Great soundbite!

You know, you're not campaigning on here, mate. Might be a public forum, but you're not on show.

Secondly, this line can be said of all protests that have ever occurred in history, especially those that have seen success for their efforts. Society does not change without disruption or inconvenience.

Does that mean you are always against change or disruption to your life, even if it means your life overall could improve?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's easy a) to lump a collective group of people who disagree with you for a number of disparate reasons, b) to use the word Nazi when it's apt instead of when it's a catchall for things you don't like, and c) to use the term when you know what it actually means.

I take it with this post, you're admitting to your hyperbole or your misuse of the word, then?

:thumbsu: ... usually its use equals read no further. Just another put down world by a text book critic with no real idea, debating club stuff.

For those of you lurkers having a chuckle at OP's expense, and wondering what the hell this thread is about - when all you see is burning and looting from the far left - I will demonstrate how they get sucked into extreme far left propaganda.

Fueled by paranoia, they will get on the internet and type 'right wing violence' into google, and then fall down the rabbit hole of extreme left freak.

Eventually, they'll come across a tweet like this that confirms their bias.

OMG NAZI INVASION...I knew it!

Convinced the NAZIS are assembling on our shores, they start using terms like Fashy *waves to Chief*, post historical numbers of right wing violence and warn of possible future right wing atrocities, to deflect from the actual far left extremism we can see with our own eyes.

Without even attempting to look deeper into the story to see if it's just clickbait or actually has substance, they charge over here and post threads like this.

Puzzled by the disconnect between fantasy and reality these types seems to suffer, you do a little research yourself.

And what do you invariably find?

Alpha Beta Antifa CuckSoldier is a violent criminal

Instead of calling out this nonsense for what it is, the media picks up the story and then drives the panic even further. 'OMG THE NAZIS ARE PLANNING TO ATTACK...anyday now...we promise they are going to attack...that burning building over there? Yeah nah fiery but mostly peaceful'

No that was Number37's position to be fair, which is what I was originally referring to.

You are spot on with your second paragraph which was my point. I personally feel it goes a bit deeper than grifters and opportunists, which is where our views part.

Me pointing out your logical fallacy led you to strawman some other BS because you are wholly incapable of formulating a coherent argument.

For those of you lurkers having a chuckle at OP's expense, and wondering what the hell this thread is about - when all you see is burning and looting from the far left - I will demonstrate how they get sucked into extreme far left propaganda.

Fueled by paranoia, they will get on the internet and type 'right wing violence' into google, and then fall down the rabbit hole of extreme left freak.

Eventually, they'll come across a tweet like this that confirms their bias.

OMG NAZI INVASION...I knew it!

Convinced the NAZIS are assembling on our shores, they start using terms like Fashy *waves to Chief*, post historical numbers of right wing violence and warn of possible future right wing atrocities, to deflect from the actual far left extremism we can see with our own eyes.

Without even attempting to look deeper into the story to see if it's just clickbait or actually has substance, they charge over here and post threads like this.

Puzzled by the disconnect between fantasy and reality these types seems to suffer, you do a little research yourself.

And what do you invariably find?

Alpha Beta Antifa CuckSoldier is a violent criminal

Instead of calling out this nonsense for what it is, the media picks up the story and then drives the panic even further. 'OMG THE NAZIS ARE PLANNING TO ATTACK...anyday now...we promise they are going to attack...that burning building over there? Yeah nah fiery but mostly peaceful'

The militia of fat bastards are Covington.
Antifa is Usman.

I like the part where Covington loses his cool and snaps. It's embarrassing that he couldn't even keep up the act on live television.

I saw on Twitter someone had a "break Covington's face again" cap on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back