Society/Culture Can we please stop equating the risk posed by left wing extremists with that of right wing extremists?

Remove this Banner Ad

Well well well... Another one - this time in Vienna. More murders/deaths caused by Islamic Extremism. As I said Europe only has itself to blame - its sad but reality doesn't give a fu**. Until the leaders take action and start doing their jobs this will keep happening. I'll wait for you guys to call it right wing extremism to try sweep it under the rug.

I know this isn't the USA but lets have a look at that.

Since 9/11, Muslim extremists have been responsible for 8 deaths. EIGHT. Since 2001. That's one every 2.5 years.
Lets compare that to white supremacists shall we? I'm not going to bother looking up stats, but its in the thousands.
So Trump shut borders to islamic countries based off....stats? a recent attack?
Nope. there was no basis whatsoever for his muslim ban or wanting to put them on a register other than to suck in people like you who have it in their mind that they somehow cause a disproportionate amount of violence.

This is the problem you people have. There is far more violence and killing on your own doorstep, but completely ignore it.

I don't know what you are smoking but the 9/11 attacks killed nearly 3,000 and injured about 6,000.

Since then nearly 10,000 people have died at the hands of Muslim extremists and probably more than 20,000 seriously injured.

How many in the US...thats what I'm asking...its 8 since Sept. 11. (19 years ago)

Not saying religious extremism isn't an issue, but lets put it in perspective.
A virus has just killed $1.22m already in 8 months, with precautions.

Also no left wingers are justifying terrorism...

On June 12, 2016, Omar Mateen, a 29-year-old, killed 49 people and wounded 53 more in a mass shooting inside Pulse, a gay nightclub in Orlando, Florida, United States. Orlando Police officers shot and killed him after a three-hour standoff.​
In a 9-1-1 call made shortly after the shooting began, Mateen swore allegiance to the leader of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, and said the U.S. killing of Abu Waheeb in Iraq the previous month “triggered” the shooting. He later told a negotiator he was “out here right now” because of the American-led interventions in Iraq and in Syria and that the negotiator should tell the United States to stop the bombing. The incident was deemed a terrorist attack by FBI investigators.​

That was not religiously motivated dude wake up.

Otherwise if you want to play that game Christian extremism is way more prevalent

Erm yes that is my point - there should have been no question over whether or not masks were effective - such guidance should have been ready to go from the start from any disease control agency once a pandemic was declared.
My point is that different viruses, especially new ones, take time to properly learn a means of how to deal with them. Then of course you have the issue of getting people to follow that advice. Mask or not, having large crowds gather ala Trump, or an inconsistent application of the rules ala Boris Johnson, has greatly contributed to the spread of the virus.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Erm yes that is my point - there should have been no question over whether or not masks were effective - such guidance should have been ready to go from the start from any disease control agency once a pandemic was declared.
Take it up with Trump’s inexperienced appointee.

The left is good the right is bad. Does this meet your stupid thread criteria.

Sums it up.

Have those crazy e U.S. right wingers begun tearing down statues and destroying businesses & public property yet?

First time reading this thread...

Imagine having an argument about which demon is worse in hell.

The problem isn't extremism, it's something else. Applying occam's razor should help.

Sums it up.

Have those crazy e U.S. right wingers begun tearing down statues and destroying businesses & public property yet?

Fiscal conservatives (actually the lesser of the two 'conservative evils' in my book) much prefer tearing down statutes protecting the disadvantaged and destroying workplace laws that protect low-paid workers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worst post I have ever seen.

You do realize that left wing terrorists have been setting American cities on fire for months and killing people? Ever heard of Antifa and BLM?

Got a recent example of this so called 'right wing' terrorism?
yeah during the election a bunch of right wing terrorists were arrested as they were trying to abduct a democrat politician

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-12...xpected-to-be-charged-with-terrorism/12966514

A NSW teenager with alleged extreme right-wing views is facing terrorism-related charges with police saying he supported and wanted to be involved in "a mass casualty event".

"The male we've arrested has an extreme right-wing ideology and is focused on neo-Nazi, white supremacist and anti-Semitic material," AFP Assistant Commissioner Counter Terrorism Scott Lee said.

And another one. Also radicalised online.

From the same article:

Ms Keneally thanked Mr Dutton for agreeing to refer the matter to the PJCIS, and said Parliament needs to examine if Australia's laws are fit to deal with the rise of violent right-wing extremist ideology.

"We know that for ASIO some 30-40 per cent of their counter-terrorism work is now on right-wing extremism," she said.

No one wants to state the bleeding obvious in that islamic terrorists are religion based therefore are right wing extremists.

we have two right wing hate groups targetting each other, and somehow the 'left' is implicated?

I don't understand why extremists think causing a "mass casualty event" would further their cause, when it would quite clearly do the opposite. These are not rational folks.

For the Islamists, mass casualty events turn more people against moderate Muslims, with calls to persecute and 'round them up' and constant public slagging off and demonising the religion and other similar stuff being bandied about the place.

That then leads to an increase in radicalisation among some in that community.

Persecution of people leads to radicalisation and young men (it's always men) prepared to 'fight and die' for the cause of 'protecting our way of life'.

The Christchurch monster thought that by doing what he did, it would lead to guns being taken off Kiwis by 'the Cultural Marxists' and a resulting escalation of (what he perceived to be) ethnic/ social tension between Muslims and [white people] and a pushback by 'the Right wing' in response to having their guns taken from them. He also figured he would be a role model for others to do the same.

He got one part right at least. Guns were taken, and others did copycat him (referring to him in their own manifestos). All it really did was highlight how s**t far Right wing nutters are, and how dangerous they are. If anything it increased sympathy towards Muslims and decreased community tension by fostering a sense of solidarity and empathy with the Islamic community of NZ.

No one wants to state the bleeding obvious in that islamic terrorists are religion based therefore are right wing extremists.

we have two right wing hate groups targetting each other, and somehow the 'left' is implicated?
Yep, religious extremism apart from maybe Buddhist, if you call Buddhism a religion, is right wing.

For the Islamists, mass casualty events turn more people against moderate Muslims, with calls to persecute and 'round them up' and constant public slagging off and demonising the religion and other similar stuff being bandied about the place.

That then leads to an increase in radicalisation among some in that community.

Persecution of people leads to radicalisation and young men (it's always men) prepared to 'fight and die' for the cause of 'protecting our way of life'.

The Christchurch monster thought that by doing what he did, it would lead to guns being taken off Kiwis by 'the Cultural Marxists' and a resulting escalation of (what he perceived to be) ethnic/ social tension between Muslims and [white people] and a pushback by 'the Right wing' in response to having their guns taken from them. He also figured he would be a role model for others to do the same.

He got one part right at least. Guns were taken, and others did copycat him (referring to him in their own manifestos). All it really did was highlight how sh*t far Right wing nutters are, and how dangerous they are. If anything it increased sympathy towards Muslims and decreased community tension by fostering a sense of solidarity and empathy with the Islamic community of NZ.
By your own logic then, would you agree that young RW men need more support, rather than vilification? If Islamic attacks are committed to create hatred towards moderates Muslims, is the same true for RW attacks?

Because I've seen you refer to RW men as "dumb fat bogan trash", or words to that effect. How about we just cease hatred in general?

By your own logic then, would you agree that young RW men need more support, rather than vilification? If Islamic attacks are committed to create hatred towards moderates Muslims, is the same true for RW attacks?

Because I've seen you refer to RW men as "dumb fat bogan trash", or words to that effect. How about we just cease hatred in general?

Of course they need help. Its just hard finding sympathy for those pricks just like its hard for me to feel any sympathy for an Islamist terrorist prick.

I fully support deradicalisation its just you've seen from on here just how hard (not impossible) but hard that is

RWNJs aren't going to let things like science, reason or history get in the way of their claims about climate change, COVID, immigrants, guns, women, race or gender.

Thsts why they all get their 'facts' from YouTube and OAN and 4chan.

Even Fox news is too liberal now. Which is as absurd as it sounds.

I don't understand why extremists think causing a "mass casualty event" would further their cause, when it would quite clearly do the opposite. These are not rational folks.

ISIS and similar has done a good job of furthering their cause with violence, mass killings and fear. No doubt Brenton Tarrant is a hero to some within whatever world he participated in.
One group supporting Islam, one group opposing Islam, commonalities being extremists and mass murderers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back