Can we upgrade Assistant coaches for 2022?

Remove this Banner Ad

The real reason why we can't kick a winning score and also why our back line look out of sorts this year. The soft cap has f’ed us over

Not 1 forward or back line coach, not 1.View attachment 1193689

and 2 midfield coaches WTF

How old is that ?

Kingsley is backline coach this year, Lonergan took his role as midfield/stoppage.
Mcqualter is midfield/offensive and forwards coach.

Unless they changed it recently?

How old is that ?

Kingsley is backline coach this year, Lonergan took his role as midfield/stoppage.
Mcqualter is midfield/offensive and forwards coach.

Unless they changed it recently?
Makes sense but I was looking on our website lol even still not much has changed, we need new assistants.

Does anyone else get the view (yes it's only on the outside) that the connection and fun is gone and it's all just a bit flat now?

The team doesn't look engaged and none of them look like they are enjoying footy, it's like they're just going through the motions and I worry Hardwick has gone back to over control mode because he doesn't have the support around him.

Does anyone else get the view (yes it's only on the outside) that the connection and fun is gone and it's all just a bit flat now?

The team doesn't look engaged and none of them look like they are enjoying footy, it's like they're just going through the motions and I worry Hardwick has gone back to over control mode because he doesn't have the support around him.
Heresy

That's what teams look like when they're losing - it's not fun.

Are the chris newman rumours accurate or just nonsense?

actually cant beelive we had a player taping another after the game. Eddie was right to point it out and the soft cap has caused this.... AFL is no were near elite level of sport.

Are the chris newman rumours accurate or just nonsense?
just wishful thinking i reckon. But in saying that the depature of Clarko might have Chris annoyed and he might just follow Clarko to the pies

There is a reason why clubs tend to go for outsiders when it comes to coaching and that is pressure. Can you imagine the pressure of being a club great than having responsibilities like that? Look what happened at Collingwood and is now happening at the Hawks. It didn't go too well at the pies and I don't think it's going to go well at the Hawks either.

The reason we are traveling like we are numerous and not just one. The biggest is the assistants as we lost so much quality which is irreplaceable.
An American coach who was like a 6-time winner once said. I only recruit assistants that are smarter than me if they are not why bother.

I want us looking at Clarko, Knights and Soloman

I don't want us looking at Chaplin, Sanderson.

I've only heard good things about Don Pyke up in Sydney, but I doubt we would be able to get him out of there.

I have had this feeling from watching our pressers & just our general media presence that Dimma has become a bit of a one-man-band this season. Not necessarily he or the clubs fault, but as Caro pointed out in the age footy podcast today ... you never want a situation where you hand the senior coach the keys

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hear Chris Mayne is retiring. This is a post of mine from last year. I believe he is a smart football guy and made of the right stuff. I hope we are looking at him.

I believe he wants to be a Senior Coach. Don’t worry about Treloar, bring Mayne in. Seems a quality person with good resilience.

From The West.

“Chris Mayne has revealed his first season at Collingwood was so tough he would often sit in his car crying before walking into the club for the day ahead.

After landing at the Holden Centre on a four-year deal worth reportedly $2 million, the 30-year-old played the first the first three games of 2017 before spending the rest of the year in the VFL.

By the end of that season, Collingwood explored the prospect of trading Mayne back to Fremantle before sticking with the utility.

“Mayne admitted he struggled to cope with the difficult situation, which was made tougher by the fact he had only just joined the club and didn’t have long-term relationships to fall back on.

"It was tough. There were times I would rock up at the club -- I got there early which I like to do -- and I found it very difficult to get out of the car," Mayne told ABC Grandstand ahead of Thursday’s Anzac Day blockbuster at the MCG.

"I would break down calling my fiancé saying, ’What do I do?’, and she was just saying, ’Don’t show it, keep believing in yourself and the short-term pain will be long-term gain’.

"I hadn’t had time to build the relationships and be part of the club.

"For me it was tough but I had mum, dad, my wife and there were little connections at the club getting stronger and in the end it worked out pretty well."“

I hear Chris Mayne is retiring. This is a post of mine from last year. I believe he is a smart football guy and made of the right stuff. I hope we are looking at him.

I believe he wants to be a Senior Coach. Don’t worry about Treloar, bring Mayne in. Seems a quality person with good resilience.

From The West.

“Chris Mayne has revealed his first season at Collingwood was so tough he would often sit in his car crying before walking into the club for the day ahead.

After landing at the Holden Centre on a four-year deal worth reportedly $2 million, the 30-year-old played the first the first three games of 2017 before spending the rest of the year in the VFL.

By the end of that season, Collingwood explored the prospect of trading Mayne back to Fremantle before sticking with the utility.

“Mayne admitted he struggled to cope with the difficult situation, which was made tougher by the fact he had only just joined the club and didn’t have long-term relationships to fall back on.

"It was tough. There were times I would rock up at the club -- I got there early which I like to do -- and I found it very difficult to get out of the car," Mayne told ABC Grandstand ahead of Thursday’s Anzac Day blockbuster at the MCG.

"I would break down calling my fiancé saying, ’What do I do?’, and she was just saying, ’Don’t show it, keep believing in yourself and the short-term pain will be long-term gain’.

"For me it was tough but I had mum, dad, my wife and there were little connections at the club getting stronger and in the end it worked out pretty well."“
Read that he’s retiring to go back to Perth so he and his wife and children can be close to their families. No chance of him staying in Melbourne to be an assistant I would think

Like seriously.

Someone tell me with a straight face the current coaching group have a clue.

We are the worst side in the league right now.

We have a coaching group that is undoubtably completely on top of how footy is played in 2020.... they just can't get our guys to play it or defend it ;)

Nah, need some new ideas clearly. We need to make a splash in the soft cap space. Pay the tax I reckon (although soft cap should rise).

We have a coaching group that is undoubtably completely on top of how footy is played in 2020.... they just can't get our guys to play it or defend it ;)

Nah, need some new ideas clearly. We need to make a splash in the soft cap space. Pay the tax I reckon (although soft cap should rise).
Many of us have been tipping in to the fighting tiger fund for years now so we could spend extra on exactly that type of advantage. I hope the club spends the money on exactly what they promised it was for.

From The West.

Taking up modelling

I kinda feel like a lot of people in the world are feeling this way now. I'm expecting them to be renewed over the summer when hopefully ppl are vaccinated and the world opens up a bit more

Remove this Banner Ad

Back