• Yes ... we can do it again

Votes: 83 74.1%
  • No ... it’ll be too difficult

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Maybe ... depends on injuries to our KPD

Votes: 24 21.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

That is why I hope the coaches lock in balta and just pump games into him next year. Alex when he started was an athletic beast but his disposal and footy IQ early days was poor......look how he ended up with the right development.

Balta also is an athletic monster, he may not have the massive body but neither did Fletcher. He has size, agility, speed and that booming kick. Development is key with him but I have high hopes that maybe now he will get a defined position in the side
Could we develop One of Chol, CJ, or Miller as a back.

On field no doubt we'd cover his loss barring injuries to other key defenders.
The off field stuff am not too sure! From all reports he was instrumental behind the scenes with all players. This will be a massive loss and hope doesn't flow on to on field performance of others

this is key

one of Astbury or Grimes goes down we are in big trouble, where as 2/3 playing we were ok

Guys like Porkins will monster us (unless by some miracle Garthwaite/Balta come on in a big way)
Simples just play Nank on him...

Last edited:
Everyone assuming that had Rancey played next season he would have been back to his very best immediately. May have been a struggle no matter how good his recovery had been. Shattered he has retired but looking for positives I guess, only speculation as we'll never know.
He just looked like someone who loved being with the boys and playing footy!
Reckon if fit he would have got up to the speed of the game pretty quickly especially for someone as talented and good as him...even at 95% Rance game time that would be still good enough to be in the side and beating the key forwards... :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes we have a chance.

We'd have a better chance with him though, and when you're in the premiership window every bit helps.

Logic works because we won one without him. Meaning it can be done sans Rance, therefore, if we don't it's not because we don't have him.

Of course not having him is worse. Silly comment. We will miss him on and off the field, but we are good enough.

WCE didnt have Kelly last time... GWS young/midtier players get another preseason too

I was supremely confident until a couple days ago (a very strange sensation). Still doable but gets a lot harder without the GOAT

Last edited:
We’ll be kicking winning scores with Jack, Tom, Dusty and co terrorising oppo backlines.

Even if our backline is less effective without Tross we have the firepower to cover that.

Having said that would love to see Balta developed down back. His versatility could come in very handy

Back