Can we win flag without De Goey and Howe

Remove this Banner Ad

Believe in the process, not the personnel.
So far (thankfully) we have on paper a healthier list than we have the last few years where we've been very competitive.
At least in terms of numbers of guys to choose from.
We only have a handful of one dimensional players.... Our ability to adapt within games when a key player or 2 goes down and we have limited rotations but still win proves that the process works.
Don't forget that other teams are battling injuries too and that is only going to get worse over the next month or so.
Our game plan, defense and ability to execute is what is winning us games. Not JDG, Howe or any other individual.
Yes, another 5-6 of our best going down might test us

Trust the system, trust our guys and keep positive. We're massively in this and if we get 1 or both of these guys back then look out to the competition come the pointy end

This year is going to be so matchup dependent that I'm not really confident in anything. For example, we cannot get past GWS at the moment. We draw them and its all over.
West Coast, Richmond, Essendon are clubs I wouldn't want to see in the finals. I don't know enough about Port and Brisbane. I'm not too worried about any other teams, but a hot club comes to the park on a good day and that's it

I see us being on the cusp of top 4, winning a final, and then bowing out. But I hope I'm wrong.

Will have 1 back, maybe 2.

Don’t think Howe won’t be doing everything in his power to rehab that knee. Round the clock trying to race the clock.

He will give himself every chance.

In the meantime with JDG out, Stevo gets a chance to recapture fitness (no pre-season) and play close to goal to recapture 2018 form. Cameron also gets some chances up forward.

There is some silver lining to the outs.

JDG and JH will have different recoveries - JDG can run (prob already) - big difference with Howe who will be hampered with running.

Mental attitude of the rest of the group / coaches is critical - if they think they can't cover them they won't.

If they think they can - they may well be able to.

JDG and JH will have different recoveries - JDG can run (prob already) - big difference with Howe who will be hampered with running.

Mental attitude of the rest of the group / coaches is critical - if they think they can't cover them they won't.

If they think they can - they may well be able to.

Like in the 2003 GF when Roccas we Suspended. Team think we could not Replace him and showed on GF Day where we where never in the Hunt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back