Can West coast land Hawks a home final.

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't stand Geelong but I'm afraid I think that it would be pretty unfair if we didn't play at SS. But yeah - much bigger capacity at MCG.

BUT - Imagine the joy if we beat them there!!!
Since when does fairness ever fit into the equation when it comes to AFLs decision making. Just ask Brisbane from back in mid 2000's when they were forced to play a home final at the G.

Nothing to do with that. What have we shown in the past few weeks that matches the intensity Eagles is showing tonight. With our big guns missing and replacements made with kids and players with minimal footy, and still searching for a balanced team .....we are struggling.

Probably right I reckon, but there is always hope, we will see!

These poses await!

dangerduck.png

Gee I hope we get over the Pies. And I really hope the Tiges don't decide to turn up against the Swans - they are a bogie team. I'd hate for the swans to lose and have to play them in Sydney after getting the leg up from WCE!
If we get over pies we do not travel week 1, if swans lose we may host them at mcg (other results depending)

I fancy Hawthorn's chances BETTER against Sydney in Sydney vs the great unknown with Geelong at the MCG.
It will be massive if both Hawks and GWS wins. It will be a Sydney v GWS at ANZ stadium where I would back GWS to belt Sydney and it will be Geelong v Hawks on the MCG. Two rivals playing in respective qualifying finals. That would be awesome. I would love to see us beat Geelong while GWS belts COLA.

It will be massive if both Hawks and GWS wins. It will be a Sydney v GWS at ANZ stadium where I would back GWS to belt Sydney and it will be Geelong v Hawks on the MCG. Two rivals playing in respective qualifying finals. That would be awesome. I would love to see us beat Geelong while GWS belts COLA.

and that bottom 4 of the top 8 can definitely cause upsets. this will be a ripper of a finals series

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats with all the new-found optimism?
I would suggest our destiny is now firmly back in our own hands. As long as we keep winning, all our games for the rest of the year will be at the MCG, where we play our best footy.

It also means being 3rd on the ladder is no more disadvantageous than finishing first, except now we don't have premiership favouritism hanging over our heads any more.

I hope Hawks decide to not bomb it long to Geelongs very tall back line. Why doesn't Clarko realise he has a very small forward line. Spot up a target or kick it to empty space that we can run into. You aren't out marking Lonergan/Taylor with Enright as 3rd man coming across
Exactly. Exactly. Exactly. No use kicking the ball on top of our forwards making them a sitting duck. Big boy and Ceglar take nearly all their
marks moving towards the ball where they can get a jump at it and the same with our other smaller forwards. Our entry kick into F50 this
season has been a real problem. I'd rather we kick it on top of an opposition defender guarding space and make him the sitting duck and use him
as a step ladder.

This weeks game could be cathartic. Lose and I KNOW we are not good enough so watch finals in a relaxed attitude, Win.....then we are in the box seat to not travel in the finals. Good a chance as any team.

I would suggest our destiny is now firmly back in our own hands. As long as we keep winning, all our games for the rest of the year will be at the MCG, where we play our best footy.

It also means being 3rd on the ladder is no more disadvantageous than finishing first, except now we don't have premiership favouritism hanging over our heads any more.
At this rate, BT08 will be cheerily back on board

Remove this Banner Ad

Back