Can Worsfold survive?

Remove this Banner Ad

List isn’t great but he is technically inept and stubborn. I’d be happy for him to be gone today and take Harvey and that loser Skipworth with him
Yet he was the saviour a few years back

Yet he was the saviour a few years back
At the time he was what we needed. We needed a people manager to guide through a difficult patch. The board jumped at shadows and re-signed him far too early, no one was going to pinch him from us.

I don't think we run hard enough.

Coming out of defence, we can never find a player on the lead in space. Defending a rebound 50, teams just waltz the ball down the other end. We always seems to be second fiddle to a loose ball or wayward disposal.

That comes down to coaching. If you can't get the players to run their asses off then there is a problem.

How would any other coach fare if for the past decade, your club spent their first round picks on 6ft nothing, skinny, front running outside mids?

Having said that, Worsfold was fortuitously carried to a flag (just) by one of the greatest midfields of all time.

How would any other coach fare if for the past decade, your club spent their first round picks on 6ft nothing, skinny, front running outside mids?

Having said that, Worsfold was fortuitously carried to a flag (just) by one of the greatest midfields of all time.

And if you listen to those midfielders talk, it was Woosha that made them be able to run beyond the point of where others would fall away.

He also nearly won another with KPF combo of Travis Gasper and Gardy when a stuffed foot.

To answer the OP’s question - Worsfold is history. It’s just a matter of when this year. You can’t have “favourite sons” of Essendon bagging Worsfold in the media and expect him to survive
Do you think these greats are making these anti Worsfold statements independent of one another or is it part of a wider strategy?

It does feel like a momentum is gathering

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I find it disgraceful that "leaders" of a club voice these concerns publicly. Essendon isn't alone in this, as it happens this way at all clubs.

Surely issues like this should be handled behind closed doors?

People end up with depression, anxiety and turn to drugs (abuse not use) for many reasons. I wonder how much the various high profile AFL incidents are due to the dog eat dog nature and public nature of AFL life.

I guess that's footy though.

Personally I find it disgraceful that "leaders" of a club voice these concerns publicly. Essendon isn't alone in this, as it happens this way at all clubs.

People end up with depression, anxiety and turn to drugs (abuse not use) for many reasons. I wonder how much the various high profile AFL incidents are due to the dog eat dog nature and public nature of AFL life.

It's sport all over the world, It's actually very mild here compared to Europe for the big clubs in most soccer leagues.

Not surprising though. Look at Hird. Prince of Essendon.

Tim Watson is the same. Both think they are the club. He just gets away with it because he played long ago.

I know this isn’t how it works but the players are once again getting away with this. Time for them to stand up.

Leading up to last Thursday, I was genuinely worried about Saad and Hurley tearing us up. Both played arguably some of their worst footy for the season though I thought (although I could be totally incorrect).

Like a coach can't really break a tag for a player, it's just work rate that does it.

Obviously there are more issues than just these two players in one game, but it the lack of heat they have got is surprising.

Baguley and Myers a chance to return for Thursdays clash.

Woosh is great and is making great decision.

I+think+your+sarcasm+detector+is+broken+_0cc314f18897b5ea86ad9062efb8ac9e.jpg

If it wasn't for Worsfold we'd be on track for a flag right about now.

Top tier talent on every line. Go Dons.

Completely overstated. Most important things for winning a flag are high level running, contested ball winning, general foot skills and goal conversion. We are poor at most of them.

Leading up to last Thursday, I was genuinely worried about Saad and Hurley tearing us up. Both played arguably some of their worst footy for the season though I thought (although I could be totally incorrect).

Like a coach can't really break a tag for a player, it's just work rate that does it.

Obviously there are more issues than just these two players in one game, but it the lack of heat they have got is surprising.
But it’s not just one game. It’s been happening for years.

Not all his fault. Some injuries. High expectations of the list and him not being a club darling will force him out. Missing M Brown. Stringer, Daniher. Smith out. Having Hooker under done. Forced to play Z Clarke. Fantasia and a few players under done. I don't think Worsefold is the Answer but I Would be livid at Watson and Lloyd sniping if I was the club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back