Can you beat Judd's time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Can you beat Judd's time? ** MB Thread moved here**

My schools cross country last year was 3.2kms. Got about 14 mins and Judds time is way better than mine. Might be able to cut it down this year, but ill get no where near judds time.

Everyone is bullshitting anyway about their times and saying they could give it a shake. Id like to see them all do it;)

my footy clubs old fitness coach (who's in his 40's) used to run 3km in 8 and a half minutes. We were all like 'yeah sure you could' so he set a 3km course out with hills involved and made us all run it. Best time was around the 11 minute mark. He then ran out and did it in 9.15. He runs in all the 10k runs that are on down here and finishes consistently in the top 20. So yes Judd's time is very beatable, but only by long distance runners. And 10.19 over 3.2km is pretty damn good for someone built / trained for speed.

My schools cross country last year was 3.2kms. Got about 14 mins and Judds time is way better than mine. Might be able to cut it down this year, but ill get no where near judds time.

Everyone is bullshitting anyway about their times and saying they could give it a shake. Id like to see them all do it;)

not all of us are lying mate. seriously, what is the point?

No idea where you guys held your cross country but the track might be completely different. I think Judd did his time @ Princes Park (someone correct me if I'm wrong) which is a bloody lovely scenic running track. Maybe yours had long, multiple stretches of inclined running required? (I know mine did)
Just throwing it out there. Might have shaved a minute or two off your time?

not all of us are lying mate. seriously, what is the point?
I know not everyone is lying mate. I meant to say that most people are lying,not everyone

No idea where you guys held your cross country but the track might be completely different. I think Judd did his time @ Princes Park (someone correct me if I'm wrong) which is a bloody lovely scenic running track. Maybe yours had long, multiple stretches of inclined running required? (I know mine did)
Just throwing it out there. Might have shaved a minute or two off your time?
Yeah it was fairly hilly and come to think of it I might of been able to shave some time off it but I wouldnt get anywhere Judds time.:D

When i was younger my best time was around 11 1/2 mins and thats when i was at the peak of my fitness, there is no way anybody would get near Judds time who isn't a professional athlete

Interesting post. I am 60 next week so can't do it now but when I was in my late 20's (during the 70's) could complete the 3,000 metres steeplechase in 10.15secs and 5,000m on the track in 15.40secs As a hobby:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

doesnt seem right...

5000 metres in 15 seconds.....

Get a grip Evan he posted 15.40secs, but anyone familiar with distance running know he actually means 15 min 40 secs. That is a pretty reasonable time.

To give you some understanding the current world records are

Women 14min 11.15 secs
Men 12min 37.35secs

Get a grip Evan he posted 15.40secs, but anyone familiar with distance running know he actually means 15 min 40 secs. That is a pretty reasonable time.

To give you some understanding the current world records are

Women 14min 11.15 secs
Men 12min 37.35secs

yeah well he didnt correct himself, so i was hoping he'd see the mistake he made? anyways that is a pretty good time

Just to refresh people's memories on the Judd time being discussed. It was their first time-trial of preseason. That time 10:33 IIRC was Judd coming back to start his preseason after a few months off. He would no doubt have improved upon it.

The other thing to note is that Judd is listed at 85kgs. Mottram is about 73kg. Judd's time is impressive for a guy carrying the amount of upper body weight footy requires, but it's not unreasonable to expect that a committed amateur runner with an appropriate body-type, and at an appropriate stage of their training would beat a footballer's first time trial of preseason.

(PS: If you lie about your time on a forum like this you're an idiot)

I did 10:57 round Prinny about halfway through pre-season this year (under-19s). Best 3K time is 10 flat, best 1500m time is 9:38, but I had trained a bit for those races in the leadup to school athletics' carnivals.

Obviously, for someone carrying the muscle mass of Judd, that's a pretty impressive time. Not unbeatable, however.

Just to refresh people's memories on the Judd time being discussed. It was their first time-trial of preseason. That time 10:33 IIRC was Judd coming back to start his preseason after a few months off. He would no doubt have improved upon it.

The other thing to note is that Judd is listed at 85kgs. Mottram is about 73kg. Judd's time is impressive for a guy carrying the amount of upper body weight footy requires, but it's not unreasonable to expect that a committed amateur runner with an appropriate body-type, and at an appropriate stage of their training would beat a footballer's first time trial of preseason.

(PS: If you lie about your time on a forum like this you're an idiot)
Well mate I'm neither a liar or an idiot. Those times are the best for me when I was at my peak (many years ago) Judds times are good because he carries more weight than I did back then ( about 63kgs 5'9" tall) and he has incredible exceleration as well. I was competing (in UK) against athletes far quicker than me on occasion too!:)

Well mate I'm neither a liar or an idiot.

Wasn't having a dig at you hogman. Certainly wasn't accusing you or any other poster specifically of lying. I was just responding to a discussion a page or two ago suggesting that people were lying on this thread... that would be pathetic.

My own times are already up here, somewhere earlier in the thread. IIRC my best around PP was 11:51 in about Feb midway through pre-season.
(I'm 190cms - 6'2.5" and was about 98kgs at the time).

I did 10:57 round Prinny about halfway through pre-season this year (under-19s). Best 3K time is 10 flat, best 1500m time is 9:38, but I had trained a bit for those races in the leadup to school athletics' carnivals.

Obviously, for someone carrying the muscle mass of Judd, that's a pretty impressive time. Not unbeatable, however.

I'm not sure if im missing something but you cover 1500m in 9.38 and then do 3000m in 10 minutes??? you do your first 1500 in 9 minutes and 38 seconds and your second 1500 in 22 seconds? i am a little confused.....

perspective please - Judd's time would be considered C grade in running ranks. The top middle distance runners do it in less than 9 minutes.

the most credentialled (ex)football runner has to be Tim Clarke (Geel,Haw) who still holds a few junior records. He did 1500 in 3.51 as a 16 yr old and I'm guessing he would have done Prinnie Park in about 8.40 at his peak.

FWIW I was a B grade runner and did it in 9.20 from memory.

... still, a good effort from Judd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back