can you swim good ...?

Remove this Banner Ad

I struggle to breathe when I try swim freestyle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm very good. was in a club as a young kid. Got fat in high school but started again a couple of years ago to get back into shape. Pretty good again, breathing can tend to be a problem sometimes

I swim about three days a week, usually between 400 and 500 meters - love it.

Mostly freestyle but I can go about 100 in breaststroke, still a bit wobbly in backstroke and as for butterfly, pfft no chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swim 3 times a week between 1500m to 2000m each time. If you are getting back into it then suggest that you start off twice a week doing 3-400m then build up to a 1000m, don't try and do it straight unless you want to be wrecked for a few days after. Great for core strength.

Love open water swimming. During summer do a fair bit of and body surfing on the surf coast with flippers on to help with the strong currents and rips.

But rule for anyone unfamiliar with reading rips and how to deal with it if you are in them, never do full open water swimming until you do as too big a risk, even a relatively calm day will have stronger currents than you think.

used to swim laps 2-3 a week for a few years but went away from it. Can do 100m flat chat then catch my breath and go again. Have never enjoyed repeated at a slow/steady pace. Yes the Ricky Bobby of the local aquatic centre

my gradndad was head of a swimming club so spent most summers there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back