Canada 2019 - Black_White type thread title

Remove this Banner Ad

Watch the replay again Vettel turned the wheel to the right and that is probably the evidence that sealed the fate of the race.

How in control was he really?
Excellent explanation from a driver right now.
Wheel went to the right to stop a crash. A crash that probably would have wiped out the Merc as well.

There are plenty of people on this forum who apply different standards for different drivers.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk
On all forums. I get it.
I’m not a follower of either of these drivers so I hope I can be impartial.
But if this is the future of F1, I won’t be dragging myself out of bed at 3:30 am again to watch this farce.
Can watch AFL at a decent time to see high farce any weekend.

Excellent explanation from a driver right now.
Wheel went to the right to stop a crash. A crash that probably would have wiped out the Merc as well.

Yeah he would have spun hard left if he didn't apply that correction. The people making the decisions didn't see it that way though.

Garbage penalty.

Good race by the Renaults.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...-penalty-decision.1V1njlRs4W2j3721CHpzsp.html
I think it was a crap decision to penalise Vettel but if they reverse that decision then Hamilton could argue that he didn't try to pass Vettel because he thought he had 5 seconds in hand.
He could.
But he is on record as saying that he couldn’t because of various car issues.
Think he said that at the time of the incident he was at his best and he couldn’t do anything after that.
The appeal is just to appease their driver I think. No chance of success.

I am impartial cos I hoped they collided , they didnt , it looked like Vettel had no option , perhaps he could have slowed down ( f1 drivers mentality is to recover as quick as possible ) , by time he controlled the car he was too far right . He didnt seem in control enough to stay any further left . The Ex English drivers ( Button ,Brundle , and Herbert . ) all saw it as a bad penalty .

Just managed to watch the race then. What a joke of a decision. Stewards handing HAM a win like that.
Also LOL at the fact that HAM was all "Oh I don't want to win like this, blah blah" yet was the radio within seconds to complain to the stewards about it.

Good to see legends of the sport agree it was a joke of a decision.
[IMG='width:732px;']https://i.redd.it/lkmgqtfkwd331.png[/IMG]

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a bullshit decision to penalize Vettell who i am no fan of by the way. If this was Daniel Riccardo we would be outraged and I would buy a ticket to the Melbourne grand prix just to protest. I hope Ferrari protest and take it all the way.

It's pretty funny on fb. There's now footage of Hamilton impeding Ricciardo at Monaco. Every Hamilton knob is trying to differentiate between the two to justify Hamilton. lol

Also. With all the tarmac runoff that's common on most circuits. Had it been such a corner where Vettel went off, he would've just carried on retaining his gap, and nothing would've been thought of it.

I agree with the decision. The thing that ****s me is that Hamilton did the same thing to Ricciardo at Monaco in 2016, but nothing happened to him. It’s forgotten about because of everyone’s pissed about the crap pit tactics from RB that day.

So did I. At the end of the day Vettel ****ed up and he could have slowed down but decided to race across the grass to try and beat Hamilton. Had he slowed down he wouldn’t have been penalised as he either would have come onto the track safely or only impeded himself as Hamilton would have gone past.

That was my initial impression anyway.

Leaving aside the wrangling over the penalty, I was surprised Ricciardo finished 6th, ahead of a Red Bull (which apparently did not have mechanical issues or anything like that). Will be interesting to see if this form continues, would love for him to consistently beat Gasly.

So did I. At the end of the day Vettel ****** up and he could have slowed down but decided to race across the grass to try and beat Hamilton. Had he slowed down he wouldn’t have been penalised as he either would have come onto the track safely or only impeded himself as Hamilton would have gone past.

That was my initial impression anyway.
I’ve got to ask, travelling at 160kmh onto 50 metres of grass how was he supposed to slow?
He did take the foot off the accelerator, but I’d be extremely hesitant about applying the brakes on such a surface. Would have guaranteed a spin and the inevitable crash. Maybe a two car crash as Lewis did put the boot in sensing the opportunity.

Ricciardo has given his opinion on VET's penalty (agreeing with the 99% of the F1 world that the decision was a joke)

"If he pulls a little further to the left, he'll spin. When he brakes on the grass, he'll spin too. There was not much room for Lewis but still enough. I had an identical situation with Lewis in 2016 Monte Carlo. He had to go through the emergency exit and almost pushed me into the wall on his return. With me it was tighter than now with him. He didn't get a penalty. That was a good thing. It was a hard racing.