Canada 2019 - Black_White type thread title

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't a harsh penalty, it was utterly ridiculous.

Clearly a bad call

However, was it a bad decision from the race steward, or the inability to create any other verdict with the rule in question.

In other words, is there wiggle room in the rules to take into account a driver not in control of his car when "re-entering the track safely"
If so then the steward is at fault. If not, then its a bad rule that needs adjustment in adjudication

Leaving aside the wrangling over the penalty, I was surprised Ricciardo finished 6th, ahead of a Red Bull (which apparently did not have mechanical issues or anything like that). Will be interesting to see if this form continues, would love for him to consistently beat Gasly.
Hopefully Renault can keep up the development and get closer to the front 3 teams.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

While I disagree with the steward's decision, I don't think Vettel deserved to win based purely on that driver error. Very lucky to get away with that.

I agree with the decision. The thing that ****s me is that Hamilton did the same thing to Ricciardo at Monaco in 2016, but nothing happened to him. It’s forgotten about because of everyone’s pissed about the crap pit tactics from RB that day.
Hamilton definitely moved across to cut off that day , you are right .

While I disagree with the steward's decision, I don't think Vettel deserved to win based purely on that driver error. Very lucky to get away with that.
Hamilton locked up several times.
That’s a driver error so maybe he doesn’t deserve to win either.
No driver has a faultless drive in a GP.
And plenty of others have been off track yet win in the past. Making a mistake doesn’t mean you automatically forfeit the race.

Hamilton locked up several times.
That’s a driver error so maybe he doesn’t deserve to win either.
No driver has a faultless drive in a GP.
And plenty of others have been off track yet win in the past. Making a mistake doesn’t mean you automatically forfeit the race.
I rate Vettel, but it was a very poor mistake. Completely cracked under pressure. Fact of the matter is the controversy of the steward's ruling has overshadowed this moment. No comparison to be made with Hamilton who drove a very good race. Vettel choked in a manner not dissimilar to Schumacher in Adelaide, 1994.