Competition Canadian-American Premiership 2019 - CHAMPIONS - CHICAGO LAKERS

Remove this Banner Ad

Where's the gator?

I'm not sure whether my skills are at a level to design an actual gator logo worthy of entering in a competition of such a high quality, so I went down a safer route of placing the jumper base on a shield.

I feel as though this logo will be much stronger than a poorly-designed alligator and as I continue to develop my graphic design skills I can venture into using actual mascots for competitions

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
I'm not sure whether my skills are at a level to design an actual gator logo worthy of entering in a competition of such a high quality, so I went down a safer route of placing the jumper base on a shield.

I feel as though this logo will be much stronger than a poorly-designed alligator and as I continue to develop my graphic design skills I can venture into using actual mascots for competitions
As was once said to me by none other than El Scorcho himself - have a go! You'll learn tools and techniques by trying compared to learning nothing by not trying.

As was once said to me by none other than El Scorcho himself - have a go! You'll learn tools and techniques by trying compared to learning nothing by not trying.

In time I endeavour to have a go at designing mascots, possibly for competitions towards the end of/outside of the school year such as T20A or FIRA 2020. At the moment I would love to devote plenty of time to designing mascots but unfortunately I simply don't have the time in the day to do it.

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Not submitting a bid just yet but having a tinker around and see if I can come up with a design.

Vancouver Dragons Logo.png

Kangas_11

Club Legend
Nov 14, 2013
Toronto
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Colts, Raptors, Milan, FU Crabs
Montana is a too sparse a region to support a major league team unfortunately, so I cannot accept this location. The nickname is fine, but a new location would have to be selected.
Would a Colorado Bighorns team be suitable? Hoping to work a bit on linking state colours and emblems into a design.

I am looking at Saturday being the day that I finalise teams. So if you want in, now is the time.

Everyone is probably waiting until next year when it’s safe to roam in the East again...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only a few days left to bid or reconfirm people. Really wanting more entries than what we currently have.
I might dust off the crayons to help make up the numbers (and dwell in the cellar) - Anchorage or Honolulu OK for possible locations?

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
I am looking at Saturday being the day that I finalise teams. So if you want in, now is the time.
YamkfKZ.png

Welcome to the preseason thread for the 2019 Canadian-American Premiership (Can-Am).

This the the beginning of the road to​

x4EGKOr.png

The new season will not kick off until around July, but some behind the scenes pressure from franchises has led to the posting of the preseason thread now.

This season will see some changes in how the uniform designs are used which can be seen in the graphic below.

7Yu36Dp.png

No longer are their home and away uniforms, instead they are replaced with the Legacy and Pride uniforms. The Legacy will remain primarily white and the Pride will be primarily coloured, but their use during the season will not be specific to home and away games. The Can-Am 2 uniform is now name the Attain uniform, but will retain the same design guidelines as last season.

More details for how the uniforms will be used and how this will be decided will be posted at a later date.

But for now is the traditional first step of the Can-Am, the decision for teams to return in their previous form, elect to apply for relocation, or fold. During this phase no new bids are accepted as previous teams have priority.

So here is the list of teams from last season, could all participants please respond as soon as possible so that we can move on to the next phase.

2018 Teams - Return/Relocate/Fold

Eastern Conference

Montreal Quebecois - Bacon Warrior
Miami Vice - Freight Train
New York Turtles - El_Scorcho

Chicago Lakers - fancyscum
Cincinnati Corsairs - Bryce_Jersey17
Wisconsin Wild - magpienato
Toronto Sixers - caloschwaby

Baltimore Mariners - just_kick_it
New Orleans Rattlesnakes - sjohnson
New Jersey Knights - Fizzler

Western Conference

San Francisco Kings - ScottFreo
Portland Brewers - Dylan8
Winnipeg True North craegus
Seattle Space Rangers - Spanna_
Calgary Wolves - EagleOz
Fort Worth Troops - akkaps
Phoenix Vikings - tigerz18
Kansas City Rush - FootyGuy13
Los Angeles - SilvaComet
San Diego Horizon - (Owner no longer on this board?)

New Bids (Not guaranteed a spot)

Atlanta Gators - SparkleNarkle
Colorado Bighorns Kangas_11
Las Vegas High Rollers will return

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
I might dust off the crayons to help make up the numbers (and dwell in the cellar) - Anchorage or Honolulu OK for possible locations?

Honolulu has had a team in the past in this competition, so it is allowable. Anchorage is less likely but could be acceptable if the bid is strong enough.

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Still waiting on the following, it would be nice to actually get a reply about if you are going to participate or not.

Bacon Warrior Bryce_Jersey17 Dylan8 EagleOz tigerz18 SilvaComet

For those looking at maybe bidding before Saturday please note that at this time with the potential bids and from those who have replied it looks like there may be an imbalance in the conferences, so please take note of where teams are and what teams have bid before submitting anything new as I would prefer to have 2 even conferences and I really do not want to force a current team into switching conferences.

Jul 19, 2012
Wanneroo
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Phoenix Coyotes
Still waiting on the following, it would be nice to actually get a reply about if you are going to participate or not.

Bacon Warrior Bryce_Jersey17 Dylan8 EagleOz tigerz18 SilvaComet

For those looking at maybe bidding before Saturday please note that at this time with the potential bids and from those who have replied it looks like there may be an imbalance in the conferences, so please take note of where teams are and what teams have bid before submitting anything new as I would prefer to have 2 even conferences and I really do not want to force a current team into switching conferences.
No thanks, focusing on other stuff for the near future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back