Competition Can-Am Premiership 2020 - CHAMPIONS: Los Angeles Bears - Post Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
nv8VUTB.png

Welcome to the preseason thread for the 2020 Canadian-American Premiership (Can-Am).

This the the beginning of the road to

Yg5YccY.png

The new season will not kick off until around early July, but now is the time to begin the bidding and design process.

This season will continue the uniform style set that was introduced in 2019.

Gjg4tgO.png

As with last season there are no home and away uniforms, instead they are replaced with the Legacy and Pride uniforms. The Legacy will remain primarily white and the Pride will be primarily coloured, but their use during the season will not be specific to home and away games. The Can-Am 2 uniform is now name the Attain uniform, but will retain the same design guidelines as previous seasons.

Uniform details will be posted in the next posts.

Franchises from 2019 will have priority over their locations and team names, as well as the first chance to relocate/rebrand.

Here are the confirmed 2020 teams and conferences (will be updated as teams are confirmed):

2020 Teams

Eastern Conference

Charlotte Kingfishers - Sparkle (Former Atlanta Gators)
Houston Outlaws - Freight Train (Former Miami Vice)
Indiana Bluebirds - El_Scorcho (Former New York Turtles)
New Orleans Hurricane - p4p1
New York Nationals - just_kick_it
Norfolk Pilots - muggsy26
Toronto Sixers - caloschwaby
Wisconsin Wild - magpienato

Western Conference

Calgary Wolves - EagleOz
Colorado Bighorns - Kangas_11
Kansas City Buffaloes - FootyGuy13
Los Angeles Bears - fancyscum (Former Chicago Lakers)
Los Angeles Rising - The Victorian
Seattle Space Rangers - Spanna_
Vancouver Valhallan - craegus (Former Winnipeg True North)
Las Vegas High Rollers - Barrybran

Conference to be determined

Reserved Locations

San Francisco

Last edited:
OFFICIAL UNIFORM GUIDE
  • All guernseys MUST be Adidas branded and feature the Adidas 3 stripes somewhere on the Guernsey (position is up to the designer and may change across all three designs). The Adidas logo may also be positioned wherever the designer chooses so long as it appears on the guernsey and is clearly visible (can also be included on a jock tag or inside the collar, but only in addition to the main logo). Adidas logo must also feature on the shorts (right side facing).
  • All designs (Legacy, Pride, Attain) must be on the same template.
  • Legacy Guernseys must be at least 51% white.
  • Legacy Shorts may be any colour.*
  • Legacy Socks must be at least 33% white.
  • Pride Guernseys must be at least 51% coloured.
  • Pride Shorts may be any colour, including being the same as the Legacy.*
  • Pride Socks must be at least 33% coloured, cannot be the same as the Legacy
  • Attain Guernsey may be anything, outlandish designs are encouraged.
  • Attain Shorts may be any colour, should not be the same design as Legacy and/or Pride.*
  • Attain Socks may be any colour, should not be the same design as Legacy or Pride.

*Shorts may be the same design across the two designs (Legacy and Pride) if the designer chooses to do so.
  • Sponsor to appear in usual AFL front position (right side facing)
  • Player name to appear below the number on the back (usual sponsor position)
  • Numbers on the back must feature number logo (posted below).
  • Numbers must appear on the front of the guernsey, same font as back, cannot be more than 50% the size of the back, number colour does not need to match the back.
  • Number must appear on the shorts (left side facing), same font as back of the guernsey, size no larger than 50% of the back number, colour does not need to match back number.
  • Conference logo must appear above number on the back (cannot be recoloured).
  • Can-Am 2 teams will use the Can-Am 2 logo instead of the Conference logo (cannot be recoloured).
  • Champions logo (found here) must appear on Seattle, New York, Miami*, and Chicago kits only (Not on Attain kit). (*Even though Miami has won 2 titles they will still wear just 1 star when they resume in the competition).
  • Team logos are now required for Can-Am team as a separate image, Can-Am 2 teams logo must appear on kit presentation image.
NO DESIGNS WILL BE ACCEPTED FOR SUBMISSION UNTIL A NOTIFICATION IS MADE, however I will now allow people to ask if a design is ok and meets guidelines. However do not expect an immediate response. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible but this may not always be possible.

A reminder about the Can-Am 2:

This is like the minor leagues in Canadian and American sports. This season all franchises will be required to submit a Legacy (still predominantly white) kit, an Pride (coloured) kit, and a developmental team kit (Attain) as well as logos for both teams (main franchise as a separate image, developmental within the kits image).

Into season 3 of this competition I am still going to restrict Can-Am 2 teams locations to close to their main franchises locations (so within the franchises city limits or near the city if there are other franchises located nearby, or within the franchises state or province if the franchise has no other franchises within the same state/province) as to not have people overlap as no-one will need to publicly announce where their second team will be located. Franchises can use another locations name (be it city, suburb or state/province depending on what other franchises are nearby) or take the route or some MLS teams in forming a second team with a 2 at the end (e.g. Portland Timbers, LA Galaxy, Seattle Sounders who have a 2 or II team).

So using the Winnipeg True North as an example, they could have a Winnipeg True North 2/II or a Manitoba (team name), whereas the San Francisco Kings couldn't use California if there was a team in Los Angeles. However if 2 teams are located in the same state/province they can negotiate a way to work around this issue, e.g. San Francisco could use Golden State and LA could use California or SoCal.

The Can-Am 2 team will for this season use the Can-Am 2 logo on their kits, but as with previous seasons the design can be anything (light or dark kit) so long as it still features the Adidas 3 stripes and is on the same template as the other 2 designs.

Submission entry will open following the conclusion of the CCRC.

Submission of entries:

Entry submissions close on 28th of June at 11:59:59pm.

Entries must be submitted through PM, any image hosting site is acceptable, however links will NOT be accepted, the PM must contain your entry as an image, if you send just links or images acting as links, they will not be counted and penalties may apply if the mistake is not corrected prior to the closing of entries. Also please check you entries with the guidelines before submitting as I would like to not have to tell people that they have not met the criteria when they are clearly stated.

When submitting please use the PM title: 2020 Can-Am Entry: *Replace with your team name*. This will allow me to quickly and easily find your submission should any issues arise.

Failure to submit or failure to submit correctly before closing will face the following penalties:

Days 1-2: Automatic 2 losses counted on team record for every day late. (Day 2 = 4 losses total)

Day 3: Unable to finish 1st in Conference no matter final record.

Days 4-5: Automatic 2 losses counted on team record for every day late. (Day 5 = 8 losses total)

Day 6: Unable to finish in the top 4 in Conference no matter final record (can only qualify as a 5th and 6th placed wild card).

Day 7: Unable to qualify for finals no matter final record.

Day 8: Automatic exclusion from future competition.

Last edited:
2020 Logos

League logo - Only to be used for presentation purposes (optional, not compulsory).

5SY3Bxc.png

Can-Am 2 logo - For use on Can-Am 2 kit

lVc9qk4.png

Eastern Conference logo - for use on kits (Eastern Conference teams only)

nye61Y9.png

Western Conference logo - for use on kits (Western Conference teams only)

ENtuwaZ.png

Number logo

F09Faj6.png

Champions Logo (American Teams)

SWR5ufO.png

Champions Logo (Canadian Teams)

mBD6wiG.png

Do we have a list of locations that are already taken?

Here is the list of teams from last season, but there is no guarantee that franchises will remain in those locations for this season (as with Winnipeg moving to Vancouver).

Eastern Conference
Atlanta Gators
Chicago Lakers
Kansas City Buffaloes
Miami Vice
New York Turtles
Toronto Sixers
Wisconsin Wild

Western Conference
Colorado Bighorns
Fort Worth Troops
Las Vegas High Rollers
San Francisco Kings
Seattle Space Rangers
Winnipeg True North

Confirmed franchises for this season are in the OP.

Last edited:
GATORS ON THE MOVE

The organisation behind 2019 Can-Am participant Atlanta Gators, alongside their 2019 Can-Am 2 sister side Sandy Springs Drivers, have today announced their intentions to relocate for the Canadian-American Premiership 2020

The new Can-Am side will be known as the Charlotte Kingfishers, while their Can-Am 2 sister side will be known as the Asheville Bluebirds. The colours of the two sides are yet to be confirmed, however it is expected that shades of Cobalt Blue and Silver will become synonymous with the two sides, while sources also say that Scarlet Red and Emerald Green will feature on the Kingfishers and Bluebirds kits, respectively

While official approval of the move is still to be confirmed by the head of the Can-Am Premiership, the Kingfishers-Bluebirds organisation are excited to continue their preparations for the 2020 season

GATORS ON THE MOVE

The organisation behind 2019 Can-Am participant Atlanta Gators, alongside their 2019 Can-Am 2 sister side Sandy Springs Drivers, have today announced their intentions to relocate for the Canadian-American Premiership 2020

The new Can-Am side will be known as the Charlotte Kingfishers, while their Can-Am 2 sister side will be known as the Asheville Bluebirds. The colours of the two sides are yet to be confirmed, however it is expected that shades of Cobalt Blue and Silver will become synonymous with the two sides, while sources also say that Scarlet Red and Emerald Green will feature on the Kingfishers and Bluebirds kits, respectively

While official approval of the move is still to be confirmed by the head of the Can-Am Premiership, the Kingfishers-Bluebirds organisation are excited to continue their preparations for the 2020 season

The Canadian-American Premiership organisation accepts this relocation.

Big announcement coming tonight regarding the future of the Miami Vice franchise.

The Canadian-American Premiership organisations prediction;

Miami Vice: Two time Can-Am Champion

+

Can-Am Bowl VI: Miami

=

Home team gunning for 3rd championship.

Simple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been a fun four seasons as the Miami Vice, it's allowed me to explore an aesthetic I've always loved and led to four conference finals, three grand finals and two premierships. In this time, a number of Miami teams have since adopted this aesthetic in real life - whilst I of course can't take any credit for that, it does take away from some of the "cool factor" the Vice aesthetic may have had in this competition, and especially for newer members of the board, look as if I'm just piggybacking off the Miami Heat "Vice" range.

I was unsure whether to compete this season but giving it some thought, I will go around again but with a whole new identity, inspired in part by the world of professional wrestling, in particular the American Badass persona of The Undertaker.

Introducing...
LvsfHtO.png

The Miami Vice identity may be dead, but the legacy will live forever.​

It's been a fun four seasons as the Miami Vice, it's allowed me to explore an aesthetic I've always loved and led to four conference finals, three grand finals and two premierships. In this time, a number of Miami teams have since adopted this aesthetic in real life - whilst I of course can't take any credit for that, it does take away from some of the "cool factor" the Vice aesthetic may have had in this competition, and especially for newer members of the board, look as if I'm just piggybacking off the Miami Heat "Vice" range.

I was unsure whether to compete this season but giving it some thought, I will go around again but with a whole new identity, inspired in part by the world of professional wrestling, in particular the American Badass persona of The Undertaker.

Introducing...
LvsfHtO.png

The Miami Vice identity may be dead, but the legacy will live forever.​

Scenes at the Canadian-American Premiership offices right now after people discovered that the Can-Am Bowl may not have a team in the same city:

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Scenes at the Canadian-American Premiership offices right now after people discovered that the Can-Am Bowl may not have a team in the same city:

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

E92_ to bring back the Hornets?

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Also the move has been approved. However due to the location of Houston geographically, their position in a specific conference cannot be determined as of this moment and will be determined once more franchises are confirmed.

Really thought Freighty was about to spoil my plans, but I guess this is back on. Relocation seems to be all the rage at the moment and I am loving the sound of it, it could shake up the league (with me still on top hopefully :p)

1280px-Los_Angeles_Times_logo.svg.png

LA to steal championship team?

The ownership group behind the Reigning Can-Am Champions are strongly pushing for a move out of the windy city to LA, a market that is sure to deliver more financial investment in the franchise and has been in the works for a long time now. While a name change would be required to avoid a lawsuit with the current LA Lakers, the big obstacle seem to be a stadium deal for the team (its actually if craegus approves the move or not but, play along with me).

Club officials speaking to the LA times said that the move has been thought about long and hard and if indeed the franchise does have their deal greenlit, they hope that the city of Chicago is rewarded with a new franchise before too long. "We greatly appreciate the support that the Chicago community has given the side over the years and we are immensely proud to have rewarded them with a championship, and we will proudly wear that star we earned in Chicago wherever we end up playing." a club spokesman said.

As for the club's minor league team, the Club said that they were looking at a number of potential options with the Central Coast in a groundshare with Cal Poly University on the cards as this will likely be home to the side until a new arena is financed, as well as the Coachella Valley, or a side down by the Southern San Diego-Tijuana border.

The fact that club officials were willing to comment on the speculation tells us that the move is a fair way down the line, with an official announcement coming in just weeks. This would be a massive coup for LA as they have been missing a team in Can-Am for the past few seasons since the Dolphins left town a few years back and the Lakers organisation is surprised that a spot here has been open for so long, and felt the need to swoop before it was too late.

Really thought Freighty was about to spoil my plans, but I guess this is back on. Relocation seems to be all the rage at the moment and I am loving the sound of it, it could shake up the league (with me still on top hopefully :p)

1280px-Los_Angeles_Times_logo.svg.png

LA to steal championship team?

The ownership group behind the Reigning Can-Am Champions are strongly pushing for a move out of the windy city to LA, a market that is sure to deliver more financial investment in the franchise and has been in the works for a long time now. While a name change would be required to avoid a lawsuit with the current LA Lakers, the big obstacle seem to be a stadium deal for the team (its actually if craegus approves the move or not but, play along with me).

Club officials speaking to the LA times said that the move has been thought about long and hard and if indeed the franchise does have their deal greenlit, they hope that the city of Chicago is rewarded with a new franchise before too long. "We greatly appreciate the support that the Chicago community has given the side over the years and we are immensely proud to have rewarded them with a championship, and we will proudly wear that star we earned in Chicago wherever we end up playing." a club spokesman said.

As for the club's minor league team, the Club said that they were looking at a number of potential options with the Central Coast in a groundshare with Cal Poly University on the cards as this will likely be home to the side until a new arena is financed, as well as the Coachella Valley, or a side down by the Southern San Diego-Tijuana border.

The fact that club officials were willing to comment on the speculation tells us that the move is a fair way down the line, with an official announcement coming in just weeks. This would be a massive coup for LA as they have been missing a team in Can-Am for the past few seasons since the Dolphins left town a few years back and the Lakers organisation is surprised that a spot here has been open for so long, and felt the need to swoop before it was too late.

As the Canadian-American Premiership organisation is currently in a state of disarray following the shock relocation of Miami to Houston, those of us left in the office see no issue in letting the current champions also move to a new location because whatever.

We will note that recent contact has been made with the Can-Am organisation about another franchise locating itself in Los Angeles.

As per the rules of the league, two franchises may be located in the city of Los Angeles, however, it will be between the two franchises to make sure that their respective Can-Am 2 sides are located within different locations.

Also as per the rules of the California teams separation, franchises within California need to keep their Can-Am 2 team close to their Can-Am teams location.

For Los Angeles this will require teams to remain within the Greater Los Angeles area which for the Can-Am is classified as the regions in the Los Angeles-Long Beach, CA Combined Statistical Area. This includes the following counties: Los Angeles, Ventura, Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino.

From the proposal both the Cal Poly and San Diego locations would fall outside this boundary. Exceptions to the rule which would allow either of these locations may be granted, but franchise must supply solid reasoning for the exception to be considered.

As the Canadian-American Premiership organisation is currently in a state of disarray following the shock relocation of Miami to Houston, those of us left in the office see no issue in letting the current champions also move to a new location because whatever.

We will note that recent contact has been made with the Can-Am organisation about another franchise locating itself in Los Angeles.

As per the rules of the league, two franchises may be located in the city of Los Angeles, however, it will be between the two franchises to make sure that their respective Can-Am 2 sides are located within different locations.

Also as per the rules of the California teams separation, franchises within California need to keep their Can-Am 2 team close to their Can-Am teams location.

For Los Angeles this will require teams to remain within the Greater Los Angeles area which for the Can-Am is classified as the regions in the Los Angeles-Long Beach, CA Combined Statistical Area. This includes the following counties: Los Angeles, Ventura, Orange, Riverside, and San Bernardino.

From the proposal both the Cal Poly and San Diego locations would fall outside this boundary. Exceptions to the rule which would allow either of these locations may be granted, but franchise must supply solid reasoning for the exception to be considered.
In this case consider my bid withdrawn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back