Competition Can-Am Premiership 2020 - CHAMPIONS: Los Angeles Bears - Post Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Been feeling like this lately?

9714653bbb0c9df2cc81bd662a2ee674.gif

Or maybe like this?

giphy.gif

If so, or even if not, then we are here to help. Join in the Can-Am and end up feeling like this

tumblr_mq9kiu8G7W1r55zvzo1_500.gif
The Worst part about leaving Chicago is giving up my right to post Ferris Bueller memes.

As there seems to be a bit of a lull when it comes to new people bidding for franchises, the Canadian-American Premiership organisation has decided to try and stir some more interest by releasing information for next season early.

Can-Am Bowl VII host city announcement.

Even though the Can-Am has not even started this year, and the road to the Can-Am Bowl in Miami is yet to get moving. The plan for next season is already in full swing.

An exhaustive process occurs every year to find the next host city for the Canadian-American Premiership's grand final the Can-Am Bowl.

For it's first 6 iterations the Can-Am Bowl has been located in the United States, but for the 7th version of this game the Canadian-American Premiership organisation decided that the game was going to be played in Canada for the first time in it's history.

After a extensive process the city Regina Saskatchewan was set to be chosen as the host city, but unfortunately the amount of dirty jokes that were being made in the Can-Am organisation office were just becoming ridiculous and HR were having to plan several meetings with staff about workplace ethics so the idea was scrapped.

Then with the hope that the Can-Am Bowl would not be held in Canada, Calgary came to the Party to be the first Canadian hosts of the game, providing the league with a pitch that would have seen the largest Can-Am Bowl celebration in the history of the league.

But at the last minute, a phone call from a very powerful and impressive man with a history of trying to steal teams away from their heartlands and sports, who could not be ignored changed the plans, and a surprise city of immense fame and history stole it away from Calgary.

We at the Canadian-American Premiership organisation could not say no to him, and now we can proudly announce that Can-Am Bowl VII will be played in the bright, beautiful, fantastic city of......

nsFZYOY.png

------------------------

Hopefully this exciting news may inspire people to get involved this year, so that their franchises have a year of experience before trying to reach the glorious highs of featuring in Can-Am Bowl VII in Albuquerque in 2021.

As there seems to be a bit of a lull when it comes to new people bidding for franchises, the Canadian-American Premiership organisation has decided to try and stir some more interest by releasing information for next season early.

Can-Am Bowl VII host city announcement.

Even though the Can-Am has not even started this year, and the road to the Can-Am Bowl in Miami is yet to get moving. The plan for next season is already in full swing.

An exhaustive process occurs every year to find the next host city for the Canadian-American Premiership's grand final the Can-Am Bowl.

For it's first 6 iterations the Can-Am Bowl has been located in the United States, but for the 7th version of this game the Canadian-American Premiership organisation decided that the game was going to be played in Canada for the first time in it's history.

After a extensive process the city Regina Saskatchewan was set to be chosen as the host city, but unfortunately the amount of dirty jokes that were being made in the Can-Am organisation office were just becoming ridiculous and HR were having to plan several meetings with staff about workplace ethics so the idea was scrapped.

Then with the hope that the Can-Am Bowl would not be held in Canada, Calgary came to the Party to be the first Canadian hosts of the game, providing the league with a pitch that would have seen the largest Can-Am Bowl celebration in the history of the league.

But at the last minute, a phone call from a very powerful and impressive man with a history of trying to steal teams away from their heartlands and sports, who could not be ignored changed the plans, and a surprise city of immense fame and history stole it away from Calgary.

We at the Canadian-American Premiership organisation could not say no to him, and now we can proudly announce that Can-Am Bowl VII will be played in the bright, beautiful, fantastic city of......

nsFZYOY.png

------------------------

Hopefully this exciting news may inspire people to get involved this year, so that their franchises have a year of experience before trying to reach the glorious highs of featuring in Can-Am Bowl VII in Albuquerque in 2021.
Sixers are pretty pumped that Canada is getting the representation they deserve!
However the City of Toronto was snubbed pretty hard for the bidding... you guys didn't even return our calls??

Sixers are pretty pumped that Canada is getting the representation they deserve!
However the City of Toronto was snubbed pretty hard for the bidding... you guys didn't even return our calls??

We did call, spoke to a guy named Steve, said he would pass on our message.

And did you read the post fully about the chosen location?

Team Location: New Orleans (NorLins?)
Team Name: New Orleans Hurricane
Team Colours: TBD

Saw an interesting article on SportsLogos.net concerning an updated logo for the Wild.

ad.jpg

Comparing it with the one from last season it appears just to be some minor changes, notably the straightening of the 'W' as well as a new typefont.
1590798391922.png

Another shout out to akkaps and ScottFreo on your intentions for this year.

Also Cody_ Dylan8 Bacon Warrior cannavo Zoops Fizzler just_kick_it WLWLWLWLWL The Italian Boomer29er _Damo_ Nickimus Rex sjohnson Rubber Arm dylben01 Bwillow11 muggsy26 any interest from any of you.

Plenty of time before entries are due and would love to see some returning competitors as well as some newbies. The more the better, and you will not have to play against every other designer like in some leagues.

For those unaware this league has two conferences and you will only play a couple of teams from the other conference, so you may avoid certain designers (if that is your hesitation) if they do not feature in your conference, and if we get enough participants then those conferences will be split into divisions, so you will face even less designers (or will face all of them less) during the regular season.

This is also a good warm-up for the NAFL later in the year so if you were thinking of being in that then you could use this league as a test bed for different designs/colours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today the Norfolk Pilots and the Virginia Beach Fighters are officially entering the Canadian-American Premiership and Can-Am 2 seasons in 2020.View attachment 884332

Let us at the Canadian-American Premiership organisation be the first to officially welcome you to the league.

Team Location: New York City
Team Name: New York B-boys
Team Colours: Black, royal blue, sky blue

Welcome to the league.

If I could make a suggestion, though it isn't compulsory that any changes to the bid are made. But even though I know the origin of the name of the team, it doesn't feel like it has the prestige of a New York team, certainly a Can-Am 2 team though. So maybe a rethink on the name, but again only a suggestion.

Welcome to the league.

If I could make a suggestion, though it isn't compulsory that any changes to the bid are made. But even though I know the origin of the name of the team, it doesn't feel like it has the prestige of a New York team, certainly a Can-Am 2 team though. So maybe a rethink on the name, but again only a suggestion.
Fair call. :thumbsu:
Revised bid
Team Location: NYC
Team Name: New York Nationals
Colours: Black, royal blue and red
Can-Am 2: Bronx B-boys ;)

Ok with the CCRC now at the Grand Final my attention now returns to this competition.

I am still accepting new bids as well so if you want in please place a bid.

Entries can now be submitted to me (please follow the instructions in the Submission of Entries post).

Entry submission will close on the 28th of June at 11:59:59pm.

Also FootyGuy13 Kansas City will remain in the Eastern Conference this season.

Freight Train, Houston is still in a holding pattern depending on any additional bids. I would like to have you in the East, but with current numbers it may force you to be in the West to try and have even or close to even numbers, but I will try and get a decision to you as soon as possible.

Freight Train, Houston is still in a holding pattern depending on any additional bids. I would like to have you in the East, but with current numbers it may force you to be in the West to try and have even or close to even numbers, but I will try and get a decision to you as soon as possible.

Doesn’t bother me, it’ll just be a last minute logo chance worst case scenario. :)

After an emergency meeting of Can-Am officials and representatives from the upper levels of government in the State of Texas, a decision has been made to allow Houston to be placed in the Eastern Conference for the 2020 season.

Unfortunately that means that despite previous statements, the Kansas City franchise will be required switched to the Western Conference in an attempt to balance the two conferences.

Apologies for having to do this FootyGuy13, but the Texan power-brokers have some serious power behind them.

Freight Train you now have confirmation of being placed in the Eastern Conference for the 2020 season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back