Canberra Cannons

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon the Cannons show enough guts and determination on the weekend to put a little scare into the other clubs. Sure they were only playing Brisbane who are certs for the Wooden Spoon, but to play an entire match with only six fit players was a fantastic effort.
In a previous thread where I predicted my top 6, I put the Cannons at number 6 more out of hope than anything, but I reckon they can do it.

Originally posted by DEVO
I reckon the Cannons show enough guts and determination on the weekend to put a little scare into the other clubs. Sure they were only playing Brisbane who are certs for the Wooden Spoon, but to play an entire match with only six fit players was a fantastic effort.
In a previous thread where I predicted my top 6, I put the Cannons at number 6 more out of hope than anything, but I reckon they can do it.

Yeah im pretty sure we are playing them this weekend and am not looking forward to it. I put this game down to an easy win but a real gutsy display against the Bullets and i think it is a danger game. However the Wildcats are a top side and i think we can win.

CJ Bruton v Grace should be fun to watch but without Harvey who is out injured it could be a closer game than im hoping. Ryan Mendez, our import will play his first which i am looking forward to. Hopefully he can play well and fill some of the void missing from Harvey.

We in Canberra heard your import won't be playing until next week. Bummer.
The Cannons are confident they beat even though they lack the height. Because of their lack of size, fitness has been a big issue for Carl when preparing the team. They should one of the fittest and fastest teams in the league, so expect a very high tempo game from the Cannons this weekend.

Cannons by six.

Originally posted by DEVO
We in Canberra heard your import won't be playing until next week. Bummer.
The Cannons are confident they beat even though they lack the height. Because of their lack of size, fitness has been a big issue for Carl when preparing the team. They should one of the fittest and fastest teams in the league, so expect a very high tempo game from the Cannons this weekend.

Cannons by six.

**** is Mendez not playing!! Dammit, im hoping Rogers has a blinder as you do have a suspect inside game. With No Harvey or Mendez it will be a tough game....im going to go out on a limb here and say Wildcats by 11.

Originally posted by jod23
DAMN i knew it was a danger game...**** 0-2 start, i suppose now we will see what the Wildcats are made of.

Must win at least 2 of the remaining 3 games on the road..

The Wildcats can consider themselves very unlucky. Ricky Grace was just sensational last night. He got about 27pts and was an absolute s*** on defence. But the Cannons are showing something that has been missing for at least 4 or 5 seasons, heart, passions and a never say die attitude. Carl has instilled a great comarardery and team ethic at the Cannons which I think can take them along way this season. As for winning six games, they'll win at least twice that and maybe more if they can show the same heart on the road.

Basketball in Canberra is looking pretty good so far because the Capitals showed the same kind of ticker to defeat Sydney this afternoon. Canberra Basketball this season seems to be about guts, determination and getting back to were we belong. At the top.

yeah, i was watching the wnbl game... very close..
my mate from work was one of the refs refereeing that game! haha..

dont usually watch wnbl games, but a glimpse of those body hugging suits made me sit there and watch... that mackinnon gal from sydney is v. cute ~

Originally posted by jod23
Just one thing Devo...its Cal not Carl

Cal Bruton...

Cheers mate.

For picking me up on the typo, I'll have to have a go at those dismal Wildcats.

Are they ever going to win a game??

Along with the Bullets, you'd have to say they are bring the league down. Wouldn't you agree??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back