Opinion Cancelwood Magpariahs

Remove this Banner Ad

I would encourage anyone considering boycotting the game this weekend to instead turn up and give the most deafening cheer for Ginni and Quaynor. They will notice.

De Goey won’t notice the change in crowd numbers at a game he may not be present at.
What does it say about the situation that a player as resilient as Jordan needs personal leave because he went to Bali with some friends and behaved his age.

If I was a player, I’d jump off the socials…he needs choose better friends that don’t seek notoriety.

If I was a player, I’d jump off the socials…he needs choose better friends that don’t seek notoriety.
I am inclined to agree. If his mates were looking out for him, none of this would have been made public.

I see Caroline F*@king Wilson is fed up.
What the F@*k?
Does she think it's all about her.

Dear Caroline, I have news for you.....you don't matter and we don't care how you feel. You are a mere boil on the arse of humanity!
Journos are really no different to most of the peanuts on here with their agenda riddled views…only difference is they have powerful platform and reach with their narrative. Doesn’t make it valid though.

Media fills their programming with MAFS/Love Island/Kardashians etc
Some of the young footballers replicate the behaviour, without doing anything illegal, and the same media persecutes them mercilessly calling for fines/apologies and loss of wages through suspension as well as contracts to be torn up.

Robbo appears before camera under the influence. David King drives home under the influence and they call out professionalism and moral standards.
How do they think their own employers brand is represented by this behaviour?

Channel 7 employees call the players out for disrespect for women, while Wayne Carey is their co-worker.

The hypocrisy is astounding.

Media fills their programming with MAFS/Love Island/Kardashians etc
Some of the young footballers replicate the behaviour, without doing anything illegal, and the same media persecutes them mercilessly calling for fines/apologies and loss of wages through suspension as well as contracts to be torn up.

Robbo appears before camera under the influence. David King drives home under the influence and they call out professionalism and moral standards.
How do they think their own employers brand is represented by this behaviour?

Channel 7 employees call the players out for disrespect for women, while Wayne Carey is their co-worker.

The hypocrisy is astounding.
Because they just bully certain people

I’d like to see actual leadership from the Club. The Board should start by making a principled statement about:
  • The need for fairness and accuracy in media reporting
  • The negative effects on player welfare of cynical and sensationalist reporting that misrepresents players and makes them targets for public vilification
  • The Club’s intention to act firmly and resolutely in defence of players who have been defamed, misrepresented, threatened or exposed to personal danger by unfair media coverage

The fact that this hasn’t happened already makes me question the competence of the whole Board, individually and collectively.
Frankly, if I was a footballer I wouldn’t want to play for Collingwood at the moment.

I’d like to see actual leadership from the Club. The Board should start by making a principled statement about:
  • The need for fairness and accuracy in media reporting
  • The negative effects on player welfare of cynical and sensationalist reporting that misrepresents players and makes them targets for public vilification
  • The Club’s intention to act firmly and resolutely in defence of players who have been defamed, misrepresented, threatened or exposed to personal danger by unfair media coverage

The fact that this hasn’t happened already makes me question the competence of the whole Board, individually and collectively.
Frankly, if I was a footballer I wouldn’t want to play for Collingwood at the moment.

I don't really have an issue with the way the club has handled this but the last thing I'd want is the board getting involved. If they want to have a say then they can channel it through Anderson.

JDG is a tool. He is not a 15 year old. He showed poor judgement and acted like a 15 year old not a mid 20’s male. His behaviour was alcohol fuelled. Another St Kevin’s product no less.

The media is diverse and the media always win. Caro was fine in my view and I thought she said he doesn’t need to be punished any further.

3AW, channel 7 & news limited (parts thereof) can go f*ck themselves.

However there is no doubt JDG erred. Denying it doesn’t change it. I also think he needs to change his manager. Having a brother-in-law as your manager just seems stupid as quite often family and business can go awfully wrong. The statement he put out referring to his ADHD was clumsy.

The media hypocrisy (some aspects) is worse and I do feel for JDG for the pile on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch Stewart get a two week suspension. If it was a Collingwood player it would be a minimum of six.

Well, it’s already been given a lower grading of careless instead of intentional. Now, he chose to bump and not directly contest the ball so how it could be anything other than intentional is pretty creative thinking on the part of the MRO. It seems yet again, if you’re a good bloke and are apologetic then that is mitigating circumstances…

Bored Blah Blah Blah GIF

This’ll be good. No idea what it says because I’d rather eat razor blades than pay news Corp a cent of money. But I’m sure it’s nothing

This’ll be good. No idea what it says because I’d rather eat razor blades than pay news Corp a cent of money. But I’m sure it’s nothing

"I hear some of you girls are going overseas tomorrow. I have a message for you from Jordan De Goey, don’t do anything I wouldn’t do,’’ Browne said.

"I hear some of you girls are going overseas tomorrow. I have a message for you from Jordan De Goey, don’t do anything I wouldn’t do,’’ Browne said.
That’s not good.

That’s not good.

It’s not bad, though and certainly not ”appalling and disrespectful”. Cringe and lame, yes but not worthy of the headline or an article.

At what point is the club going to tell these newscorp flogs to take a hike? The reporting of late has hit an all time low. Maybe the club already has blocked them and this is Robbo having a dummy spit. I wonder if the neanderthal understands what percentiles are after all these years? Probably not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back