Cannot Edit/Post Lengthy Posts

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if I'm posting to the right area - if not please let me know.

I've ran into an issue today and am not very techy so not sure if it's a site issue or something from my end.

Earlier today I couldn't get onto the Bigfooty website - the page wouldn't load. No big issue. Try again later.

I was able to get onto the website a few hours later but now when I try to post or edit any post of length nothing happens. The edit doesn't occur and just remains on the edit screen when I click the 'save' button. Edits/posts work for smaller posts for me, but nothing of significant length/word count. If I click on preview while on the edit screen of a lengthy post I get the below error message.

1608083725487.png

I had no issues editing these posts last night, the issue seems to only have cropped up after the issue I had in accessing the site this morning.

I thought perhaps the character count limit had changed and that was perhaps the issue but I am able to edit these same lengthy posts using the app. The issue only occurs when using my PC. I tried different browsers (Chrome, Edge etc) but this still didn't help, the issue still occured. I've also tried resetting the modem/router but again this didn't help at all. Not sure what is going on but it is a significant inconvenience for me as I need to post/edit multiple lengthy posts as part of managing the AFL Team Manager game on this website.

I've also tried using multiple devices (PC, laptop), but again the issue occurred on both.

Any help would be appreciated.

Not sure if I'm posting to the right area - if not please let me know.

I've ran into an issue today and am not very techy so not sure if it's a site issue or something from my end.

Earlier today I couldn't get onto the Bigfooty website - the page wouldn't load. No big issue. Try again later.

I was able to get onto the website a few hours later but now when I try to post or edit any post of length nothing happens. The edit doesn't occur and just remains on the edit screen when I click the 'save' button. Edits/posts work for smaller posts for me, but nothing of significant length/word count. If I click on preview while on the edit screen of a lengthy post I get the below error message.

View attachment 1029028

I had no issues editing these posts last night, the issue seems to only have cropped up after the issue I had in accessing the site this morning.

I thought perhaps the character count limit had changed and that was perhaps the issue but I am able to edit these same lengthy posts using the app. The issue only occurs when using my PC. I tried different browsers (Chrome, Edge etc) but this still didn't help, the issue still occured. I've also tried resetting the modem/router but again this didn't help at all. Not sure what is going on but it is a significant inconvenience for me as I need to post/edit multiple lengthy posts as part of managing the AFL Team Manager game on this website.

I've also tried using multiple devices (PC, laptop), but again the issue occurred on both.

Any help would be appreciated.
I have not seen this today.

I would try a couple of things.

First up, check that you have any extra addons turned off, like stuff that blocks ads.

Then clear your browser cookies.

Then check it out on another browser/machine etc. Maybe on mobile.

If all of the above fails, come back and we can do some more in-depth investigation.

I have not seen this today.

I would try a couple of things.

First up, check that you have any extra addons turned off, like stuff that blocks ads.

Then clear your browser cookies.

Then check it out on another browser/machine etc. Maybe on mobile.

If all of the above fails, come back and we can do some more in-depth investigation.
Hi Chief, have tried the above with the following findings:
  • Removing addons - no change.
  • Clearing browser cookies - no change.
  • Multiple machines - no change. (Used Desktop PC, laptop and mobile phone)
  • Multiple internet browsers - no change. (Chrome, Edge, IE)
  • Using mobile phone as hot spot - no change.
However, I could edit the posts using the mobile app. In fact, this was the only way I could edit the posts successfully.

Hi Chief, have tried the above with the following findings:
  • Removing addons - no change.
  • Clearing browser cookies - no change.
  • Multiple machines - no change. (Used Desktop PC, laptop and mobile phone)
  • Multiple internet browsers - no change. (Chrome, Edge, IE)
  • Using mobile phone as hot spot - no change.
However, I could edit the posts using the mobile app. In fact, this was the only way I could edit the posts successfully.
Thanks - that helps us a lot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back