Can't find an important thread? Check here first.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
There was a CFC on twitter thread. What would you put in a BF Blues on Twitter thread ... the tweets from the official BF Blues account or from other users that are on both?

Mezzoculo

Accurate. Brilliant. Unlikely.
Sep 5, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
There was a CFC on twitter thread. What would you put in a BF Blues on Twitter thread ... the tweets from the official BF Blues account or from other users that are on both?
Thinking it would be handy to have a thread for members to post their Twitter handles (if they chose to). Would allow members to communicate outside of the forums (such as when at games).

Thinking it would be handy to have a thread for members to post their Twitter handles (if they chose to). Would allow members to communicate outside of the forums (such as when at games).

Some might but it is giving up a certain amount of anonymity. If you have someone's twitter, you also have their followers and possibly their family. For some ... mere disagreement on the boards is reason enough for a concerted hate campaign.

People generally share their twitter and facebook privately amongst those that they trust.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
Some might but it is giving up a certain amount of anonymity. If you have someone's twitter, you also have their followers and possibly their family. For some ... mere disagreement on the boards is reason enough for a concerted hate campaign.

People generally share their twitter and facebook privately amongst those that they trust.

This!

Mezzoculo

Sep 5, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs

I definitely understand the privacy issue and agree - hence why I'm not suggesting people post Facebook details.
If you stipulate that users can post only their own Twitter handles and not other users' then this shouldn't be a problem. It is also possible to block Twitter trolls if any issues do arise.
Personally, I think the positives outweigh the negatives.

I definitely understand the privacy issue and agree - hence why I'm not suggesting people post Facebook details.
If you stipulate that users can post only their own Twitter handles and not other users' then this shouldn't be a problem. It is also possible to block Twitter trolls if any issues do arise.
Personally, I think the positives outweigh the negatives.

I have no issue with you starting it and seeing who participates. I'm just offering an explanation as to why many won't.

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"
I have no issue with you starting it and seeing who participates. I'm just offering an explanation as to why many won't.

I am not a fan of a twitter thread.

Posters like to remain anonymous on a footy forum and many display their real names on twitter and personal information.

To me it's a privacy issue.

Mezzoculo

Sep 5, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs

Posters like to remain anonymous on a footy forum and many display their real names on twitter and personal information.

It could get ugly.
Thanks for the feedback, ODN and Aph.
I'll trust your judgements and experience here and let it lie.

PS I'm easily found on Twitter if anyone is interested ;)

To me it's a privacy issue.

I agree, however if people want to willingly share twitter handles it is up to them. I'd suggest they do so via PM if they have canvassed interest on the boards first. Even if someone posts their own personal details on the boards, we usually delete them because they may not understand possible ramifications if happydude or The_Wookie get hold of them. Lock up your daughters .... sons .... pets.

Also I encourage Eddie Betts not to put his phone number or address up here. He's already had to move states right MrsEddieBetts?

Feb 6, 2013
Locker #5
AFL Club
Carlton
I agree, however if people want to willingly share twitter handles it is up to them. I'd suggest they do so via PM if they have canvassed interest on the boards first. Even if someone posts their own personal details on the boards, we usually delete them because they may not understand possible ramifications if happydude or The_Wookie get hold of them. Lock up your daughters .... sons .... pets.

Also I encourage Eddie Betts not to put his phone number or address up here. He's already had to move states right MrsEddieBetts?

Why do you think I was off the boards for a few days?
I found him :) :)

Back