Cant move forward unless Burton removed.

conVINCEd

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
This is what Chapman said about Burton's appointment

“But I can say there were people within the industry that spoke to us and said: ‘Why are you wasting your time interviewing others? Why are you being hesitant in appointing him?’ And the response was ‘Well we’ve got to do our due diligence, a choice of one’s never a choice’. So we interviewed lots of people and industry sources, independent of our football club were going: ‘He’s got the pedigree, he’s got the background, he’s got the experience — appoint him.’

I'd like like to know who the 'industry sources' were (his old teammates? wife and kids?) and who were the 'lots of people' who got an interview for his position.

There’s some slippery language there from Chapman. He’s suggesting we interviewed lots of candidates for the Head of Football role but what he actually means is we ‘interviewed’ (spoke to) lots of people ABOUT the role and Burton.

Being a loud mouth and so getting on the AFLPA board (which is why industry people supposedly rated him) has diddly squat to do with being a high quality Football GM.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
There’s some slippery language there from Chapman. He’s suggesting we interviewed lots of candidates for the Head of Football role but what he actually means is we ‘interviewed’ (spoke to) lots of people ABOUT the role and Burton.

Being a loud mouth and so getting on the AFLPA board (which is why industry people supposedly rated him) has diddly squat to do with being a high quality Football GM.
Yep, “a choice of one is never a choice”.

I missed this, so Burton was the only one we looked at and all the groundwork was on Burton.

2 things, how the hell can they not have looked at other candidates?

Those who did the groundwork obviously sucked at it which brings its own issues. Who were they? Because they failed

Aug 17, 2009
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
But that not worst part as can only do so much damage there but Roos promotion of him after minimal time to football manager is the one that set the club on a slide and let to bad appointments ,trades , drafting etc etc etc.
Just can't believe they think they are going to get away without sacking Burton and longer wait then quality options less available.

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
God, he is hopeless.

1. Is Eddie not fit?
2. 'Nobody has told us otherwise' - have you ******* asked?
3. We conducted an external review last year. SINCE WHEN?!
4. We made changes based on that, and the changes 'came to fruition' - what the * does that mean?
5. Repeating yourself almost verbatim is not actually a good approach.
6. We are a FOOTBALL CLUB, not a business!!!

I want to know about the external review we conducted last year; is this the first we've heard of it?

He is the worst.

Last edited:

Bugga1962

Senior List
Oct 10, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

I don’t know what your problem with this guy is, he seems fine

He is so full of it he cant even hold eye contact what a disgraceful head of football operations. Saying they made changes last year with the review and they came to fruition he is delusional. The club gets what it deserves losing players every year and has already become a dishonest laughing stock. Hes not stressed about his position, how could he not be? If you cant measure against results then why even bother. He clearly needs to go and if he doesnt then things wont change he takes no ownership whatsoever makes you sick to listen to.

Oct 20, 2015
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
By who? Who is the banana making these decisions?
That's what these people (including Blight) don't understand. They review is needed to expose the internal people's failings and get rid of them, they can't recognise it for themselves

Oct 20, 2015
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
You make a great point & something not to take lightly.

Why did the likes of Noble & Teague leave? Something that needs answers
Noble left because the AFL parachuted him in to Brisbane on a massive salary to save them.

Cockwomble

All Australian
May 3, 2016
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Whyalla under 9's
Seeing Burton fronting media after being in hiding should ring alarm bells for Pyke and not necessarily for him:poo:

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
God, he is hopeless.

1. Is Eddie not fit?
2. 'Nobody has told us otherwise' - have you ******* asked?
3. We conducted an external review last year. SINCE WHEN?!
4. We made changes based on that, and the changes 'came to fruition' - what the fu** does that mean?
5. Repeating yourself almost verbatim is not actually a good approach.
6. We are a FOOTBALL CLUB, not a business!!!

I want to know about the external review we conducted last year; is this the first we've heard of it?

He is the worst.

“I’m excited by the review.”

The man’s a borderline mental case.

maxlilly

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2009
over here
AFL Club
Adelaide
He is so full of it he cant even hold eye contact what a disgraceful head of football operations. Saying they made changes last year with the review and they came to fruition he is delusional. The club gets what it deserves losing players every year and has already become a dishonest laughing stock. Hes not stressed about his position, how could he not be? If you cant measure against results then why even bother. He clearly needs to go and if he doesnt then things wont change he takes no ownership whatsoever makes you sick to listen to.

That was the thing that stood out to me too.
Look at the person you are speaking to, you loose all credibility when you look at the ground

Back