Cant move forward unless Burton removed.

Remove this Banner Ad

I cant stand people that dont look at you when they speak. Its disrespectful and screams of being very uncomfortable. fu** off burton you flog.

It’s actually unbelievable that nobody from the club is watching that and thinking the same thing almost every member is.

This prick and the club he’s representing is like an actual nightmare that fans can’t wake up from.

All these dickheads had to do was read the post by (I think) MRB37 - along the lines of;

"We love Eddie, and we have no intention of delisting him, but understand he might want to explore opportunities for himself and his family. If that is the case, we'll do what is in the best interests of the AFC, and Eddie, and see whether those interests can align."

Can't even sell a simple and obvious message - which could actually be presented as a positive!

All these dickheads had to do was read the post by (I think) MRB37 - along the lines of;

"We love Eddie, and we have no intention of delisting him, but understand he might want to explore opportunities for himself and his family. If that is the case, we'll do what is in the best interests of the AFC, and Eddie, and see whether those interests can align."

Can't even sell a simple and obvious message - which could actually be presented as a positive!

There are no lingering issues from the Eddie Betts exit meeting.

I cant stand people that dont look at you when they speak. Its disrespectful and screams of being very uncomfortable. fu** off burton you flog.

tenor.gif

Burton welcomes the review and thinks it will validate what they are doing!
Fairyland or inside knowledge?

“I’m excited by the review.”

The man’s a borderline mental case.

.....borderline? Put him into the Adelaide University psychology department. He'll make an on-going contribution to society as a case study for psych students on personality disorders - particularly narcissism.

I hate Burton as much as the next person, but I’m pretty sure he was referring to a “2018 external review” of the fitness department.

Obviously due to the incompetence of himself and Matt in making all the players’ hamstrings fall off. The review said “get the ******* bloke who knows how to use the software, you inbred monkey”.

In comes Saunders which is seen internally as a tick to Burton for excellent management...

I hate Burton as much as the next person, but I’m pretty sure he was referring to a “2018 external review” of the fitness department.

Obviously due to the incompetence of himself and Matt in making all the players’ hamstrings fall off. The review said “get the ******* bloke who knows how to use the software, you inbred monkey”.

In comes Saunders which is seen internally as a tick to Burton for excellent management...
And places no pressure on our soft cap...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mark Ricciuto disputes it.

And Mark Ricciuto is presently THE Adelaide Football Club. Nobody else. Is there not another LEADER amongst the rest of them. I originally thought Roo was going to save this club but we have faltered and dissolving away. When will the Club begin to present itself as being somewhat imperfect, that poor decisions have been made, that there is a lack of 'outside viewpoints' and fresh ideas, etc.

FFS can we have a change of mentality and make some tough decisions and move away from the insular, conservative self-protectionism and show some openness and respect between the club and its supporters. Connect more genuinely with us. Please.

This is what Chapman said about Burton's appointment

“But I can say there were people within the industry that spoke to us and said: ‘Why are you wasting your time interviewing others? Why are you being hesitant in appointing him?’ And the response was ‘Well we’ve got to do our due diligence, a choice of one’s never a choice’. So we interviewed lots of people and industry sources, independent of our football club were going: ‘He’s got the pedigree, he’s got the background, he’s got the experience — appoint him.’

I'd like like to know who the 'industry sources' were (his old teammates? wife and kids?) and who were the 'lots of people' who got an interview for his position.
If ever there is a piece of justifying proganda then this is it from Chapman. If the industry was so enamoured of and beating Burtons drum, why wasn't he snaffled by others? Pedigree? Experience? This club cannot/will not stand up and take ownership of its own decisions and outcomes. Just bloody stand up and own what we are and the unfortunate situation of where we are.

I don’t know what your problem with this guy is, he seems fine

Lol you may aswell watch the clip on MUTE because his body language says infinitely more than anything that comes out of his mouth. Love how he is saying he's 'excited' by the review but at the same time he's shaking his head, classic indicator of someone lying as their body isn't able to back up the lie coming out of their mouth, it's a subconcious thing that most people have no control over. Doesn't even touch on the fact he wont look at the person or camera and the constant defensive shoulder shrugs.

Noble left because the AFL parachuted him in to Brisbane on a massive salary to save them.

Nobes told me he left because there were too many fingers in the pie and he was unable to implement the changes he wanted to.
He never employed Burton as his replacement so he can hardly be blamed for that.

If Burton stays on we are stuffed. If Pyke goes and Burton stays on we are stuffed. If Burtons job description is trimmed and he gets added assistance we are stuffed. Clean it right out. Too much has happened.
If Roo gets Burton added assistance then he's showing he's a hypocrite and protecting his mate because that's the exact reason Sanderson got the boot. If you need someone to hold your hand then you're not good enough to do the job.

What annoys me about Roo is that he came into the club with a ruthless attitude, sacking Sando and hiring some very competent coaches in Walsh and Teague. This was a great start and it put us on the path to making a GF. Ever since then though there's been nothing but mediocre appointments, insularity and apathy toward supporters. He seems completely unwilling to hire anybody who didn't play for the club previously, despite the fact this approach has been an absolute disaster and he's apparently been telling fans if they don't like it they can barrack for somebody else. He may as well just change his job title to Stephen Trigg impersonator, though I think even he would have gotten rid of Burton by now.

I just feel like saying what the * happened to you Roo? You used to be beautiful.

(Sorry I know this is a Burton thread but if we're going to have this conversation we need to talk about the man that hired him and keeps persisting with him despite terrible results)

The only good news is that Burton will be gone eventually (hopefully). God knows how old I'll be by then, but I'll go back to supporting the club when that time comes.

39eqmq.jpg

In the meantime, I'll just keep half an eye on what's happening with them, but I really couldn't be stuffed actually supporting them because I know they'll just continue failing and imploding while Burton's still there.

Us fanatics tend to over analyse every presser and statement coming from the club but I have to agree that the Burton interview posted above is genuinely strange and off-putting. Very odd and uncomfortable communication style.

I desperately want him sacked but I do feel sorry for him...very much out of his depth. Should've built up far more slowly in the industry and learnt lessons at a lower level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back