Cant move forward unless Burton removed.

He does from what we've seen and apparently he's convinced the rest of the club too.

More likely that Ricciuto has convinced them.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
The incredible thing is that with all the business acumen and supposed industry leaders at West Lakes, no one ever thought seek opinions other than someone “at the AFL”.
I'd put $ on it being the AFLPA, who'd likely give a glowing recommendation to Ted Bundy if he used to play AFL.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
The incredible thing is that with all the business acumen and supposed industry leaders at West Lakes, no one ever thought seek opinions other than someone “at the AFL”.

The AFL reference is interesting. I remember Carlton’s President mentioning that Trigg, “came with the full support of the AFL” at every opportunity. Does anybody seriously think that the AFL is some super organisation that the mere use of those 3 letters is some kind of fairy dust on what are otherwise highly questionable decisions. I don’t get it, most supporters would probably prefer the AFL disagree with their club’s decisions.

Last edited:

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
The AFL reference is interesting. I remember Carlton’s President mentioning that Trigg, “came with the full support of the AFL” at every opportunity. Does anybody seriously think that the AFL is some super organisation that the mere use of those 3 letters is some kind of fairy dust on what are otherwise highly questionable decisions. I don’t get it, most supporters would probably prefer the AFL disagree with their club’s decisions.

Whatever the AFL’s endorsement is, I’d go with the opposite.

I won’t forget in a hurry Kim Jong Chapman saying at last year’s B&F that the most important thing about Andrew Fagan was that he was endorsed by the AFL.

Not the board. Not members. No... the AFL.

Kim Jong Chapman. Saying staggeringly stupid s**t since 2008, and counting.

Who’s more of an a-hole, Chapman or Burton? There’s a thread...

ThirtyFive

Team Captain
Jan 6, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt Football Club (SANFL)
Whatever the AFL’s endorsement is, I’d go with the opposite.

I won’t forget in a hurry Kim Jong Chapman saying at last year’s B&F that the most important thing about Andrew Fagan was that he was endorsed by the AFL.

Not the board. Not members. No... the AFL.

Kim Jong Chapman. Saying staggeringly stupid s**t since 2008, and counting.

Who’s more of an a-hole, Chapman or Burton? There’s a thread...

Any sporting administrator that refers to people as 'assets' loses me straight away. Economic rationalists (and their language) have a lot to answer for.

Doctor B

Club Legend
Jan 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
I heard Roo talking about OCD this morning.

He said he shared a house with Burton for years and Burton organised his CD's in alphabetical order, organised his clothes by colour and stacked coffee cups handle out. Then he said that's the attention to detail he puts into everything.

It almost sounded like a glowing endorsement of Burton's GM football department role because he stacks his coffee cups handle out.

Roo would be too intelligent confuse a best mate "neat freak" with being an accomplished administrator, wouldn't he?

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt

He said he shared a house with Burton for years and Burton organised his CD's in alphabetical order, organised his clothes by colour and stacked coffee cups handle out. Then he said that's the attention to detail he puts into everything.

It almost sounded like a glowing endorsement of Burton's GM football department role because he stacks his coffee cups handle out.

Roo would be too intelligent confuse a best mate "neat freak" with being an accomplished administrator, wouldn't he?
Roo is a moron confirmed.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg

If anything that probably explains the rumour that he micro-manages the hell out of everyone. "No, not like that, do it like this" type attitude if someone does something the way he wouldn't.

arrowman

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Years ago one of my mates had his girlfriend start staying over, so there were girly things in the bathroom cupboard. He showed me the cupboard, everything laid out with millimetre precision, and asked me if he should be worried.

"Mate," I said, "that is the bathroom cupboard of an axe murderer."

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Years ago one of my mates had his girlfriend start staying over, so there were girly things in the bathroom cupboard. He showed me the cupboard, everything laid out with millimetre precision, and asked me if he should be worried.

"Mate," I said, "that is the bathroom cupboard of an axe murderer."

Became great friends with an army mate of my brother’s that was equally as bad. Everything in its place at all times. He’d go to the toilet and we’d move 3 or 4 items off spot and without a word they’d be returned within half an hour. Fridge, pantry, everything else, it was a system. Ended up in army intelligence. Strange cat was Chris.

nkqh3ozbhgz11.png

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Became great friends with an army mate of my brother’s that was equally as bad. Everything in its place at all times. He’d go to the toilet and we’d move 3 or 4 items off spot and without a word they’d be returned within half an hour. Fridge, pantry, everything else, it was a system. Ended up in army intelligence. Strange cat was Chris.
I had a next door neighbor, that would come home after work and spend 3 hours cleaning the house ....after his stay at home wife had just finished cleaning the place

Their kids could not play on the front lawns, because they left foot prints on the lawn & bent the grass ......yes you guessed it, they've divorced

So with Burton, it's not an attribute .....it's actually a disorder, that can piss people off

Last edited:

maxlilly

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2009
over here
AFL Club
Adelaide

I could image young Neddy going into Burton's coffee cup cupboard and turning every mug around :)

We should 'promote' him to property steward, he would be ideal in that role.
I am sure he wouldn't leave Brodie Smith's footy jumper behind on match days
And if THIS is what we have to do to get him away from managing the footy department... let's do it!

I could image young Neddy going into Burton's coffee cup cupboard and turning every mug around :)
I was thinking they should completely reorganise his office every day, to send Birdbrain crazy & drive him out.

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz

The rationale that Roo has come up with to justify Burton's job has been somewhat strange.

We had the earlier, "Brett is the best person for the job because no one wants this club to achieve success more than he does" and now this nonsense.

At the moment all I have heard from Roo is that Burton is the best fit for the job because he wants the club to succeed and has OCD.

If that's really the only basis that Roo can come up with to justify his position then it confirms that he is indeed a boy's club appointment.

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
The rationale that Roo has come up with to justify Burton's job has been somewhat strange.

We had the earlier, "Brett is the best person for the job because no one wants this club to achieve success more than he does" and now this nonsense.

At the moment all I have heard from Roo is that Burton is the best fit for the job because he wants the club to succeed and has OCD.

If that's really the only basis that Roo can come up with to justify his position then it confirms that he is indeed a boy's club appointment.

Add in Chapman's - "He'll actually be elite.... in the future."

Never mind that he is absolutely s**t now.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg

Roo thinks that's the most important thing. No one else could do as good of a job because they don't love the club like he and Burton do. Also the justification for ignoring external noise and going with the "I only listen to what people inside West Lakes say" talk that Burton pulled out. Outside criticisms are from haters and agitators and is to be ignored.

BunjiMac

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Anyone who remembers the Adelaide night life during the late 90s will remember Burton rocking up to many establishments early and by himself. He always looked really weird and out of place but he would nevertheless wait there, usually in a very visible place, in the hope people would notice who he was and come talk to him.

This says everything you need to know about Burton.

Back