Cant move forward unless Burton removed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roo thinks that's the most important thing. No one else could do as good of a job because they don't love the club like he and Burton do. Also the justification for ignoring external noise and going with the "I only listen to what people inside West Lakes say" talk that Burton pulled out. Outside criticisms are from haters and agitators and is to be ignored.

This is what makes me wonder just how intelligent Roo actually is.

Surely anyone with half a brain would realise that everyone working in the AFL system is doing so for the betterment of their respective club and wants their club to succeed.

It's never about questioning about who wants success (everyone working the in AFL system wants success), the real question should really be whether you can actually deliver it.

No one has ever questioned whether Burton wants success, the real concern is that most of us believe that Burton is not up to the task of delivering it.

Surely anyone with half a brain would realise that everyone working in the AFL system is doing so for the betterment of their respective club and wants their club to succeed.

It's never about questioning about who wants success (everyone working the in AFL system wants success), the real question should really be whether you can actually deliver it.

No one has ever questioned whether Burton wants success, the real concern is that most of us believe that Burton is not up to the task of delivering it.
Roo reply is always "no one loves the club or works harder" or something like that when people slag the likes of Burton. That isn't an answer though, it's nothing but deflecting and simply an attempt to change the narrative on questioning his ability to do the job. It becomes framed as a commitment/love qualification, and nobody works harder than the Birdman, so how can you question the job he's doing?

He still hasn't gotten it about the boys club issues. He thinks we think he has simply given guys jobs who he knows aren't capable. The complaint is actually he's too biased to know and see things objectively.

We've gone from "elite standards" to "please trust us, we're trying our best". Walsh would be turning in his grave.

I feel like Burton is going to survive even though everything we hear , including a source I know with club intel , says he is a major part of the problem.

Also My blood boiled listening to Chapman on 5aa saying that he’s accountable for ensuring we select a good new coach and implement the changes from the review! Why weren’t you accountable for tippetgate or Sanderson !! Times up for you to Chapman. I’m holding you to account now!

Last edited:
I feel like Burton is going to survive even though everything we here , including a source I know with club intel , says he is a major part of the problem.

Also My blood boiled listening to Chapman on 5aa saying that he’s accountable for ensuring we select a good new coach and implement the changes from the review! Why weren’t you accountable for tippetgate or Sanderson !! Times up for you to Chapman. I’m holding you to account now!

Chapman said that?

I'm shocked... that almost sounds like he's laying the ground work to NOT stand down, as he stated he would.

Bucketloads of people that are financially successful aren’t even remotely intelligent. If you then take into account that Roo earned s**t tins if his original capital by being a brilliant footballer, then there’s every likelihood that Roo could have very average intelligence. None of his financial success requires any intelligence whatsoever. In fact, the one area where it’s required is in his role as Footy Director. So we can probably move beyond ‘doubtful’ intelligence to ‘unlikely’ intelligence. As our experience is that he’s 100% failed in the one area that requires it.

Having said that, there’s a very real chance that he’s combining average (or sub-average) intelligence with extremely high levels of loyalty. In isolation, loyalty is a characteristic to admire. But when combined with Roo’s level of sub-par intelligence, his position of significant power in an otherwise very average board, it becomes a key ingredient in a very dangerous cocktail.

Is it a coincidence that a few days ago there was a rumour that Roo would resign if Burton was a casualty of the review? And that there were 2 groups, Roo/Chappy/******* on one side and Pyke/Fagan on the other.

The rationale that Roo has come up with to justify Burton's job has been somewhat strange.

We had the earlier, "Brett is the best person for the job because no one wants this club to achieve success more than he does" and now this nonsense.

At the moment all I have heard from Roo is that Burton is the best fit for the job because he wants the club to succeed and has OCD.

If that's really the only basis that Roo can come up with to justify his position then it confirms that he is indeed a boy's club appointment.

Has Roo ever explained why he was moved on from Brisbane at the end of 2015?

Bucketloads of people that are financially successful aren’t even remotely intelligent. If you then take into account that Roo earned s**t tins if his original capital by being a brilliant footballer, then there’s every likelihood that Roo could have very average intelligence. None of his financial success requires any intelligence whatsoever. In fact, the one area where it’s required is in his role as Footy Director. So we can probably move beyond ‘doubtful’ intelligence to ‘unlikely’ intelligence. As our experience is that he’s 100% failed in the one area that requires it.

Having said that, there’s a very real chance that he’s combining average (or sub-average) intelligence with extremely high levels of loyalty. In isolation, loyalty is a characteristic to admire. But when combined with Roo’s level of sub-par intelligence, his position of significant power in an otherwise very average board, it becomes a key ingredient in a very dangerous cocktail.

Jordan Peterson could answer this post.

PS - Conscientiousness factors highly

It’s not a case of ‘it’s Burton goes or Pyke goes’ now.

It’s ‘Burton goes or I do’ now. It’s 100% guaranteed that if Burton remains at the AFC in 2020, I’m out.

He’s a joke and the club is too.

I just feel we have made our one drastic change and they won't change anything else. Maybe getting rid of Godden or something like that.

Vozzo the West Coast footy department GM taking a press conference about Willie Rioli yesterday.

Speaks well in a difficult situation.

Imagine Burton and how he would reply/react in the same situation.

Please please tell me that Pyke won't get all the blame and that disaster Burton remains to not only keep job but fingers in who we appoint coach and major decisions that have to happen re players etc .
We can't afford to stuff up this period to turn club around

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vozzo the West Coast footy department GM taking a press conference about Willie Rioli yesterday.

Birdbrain would be insulted by it all.

Rhett Biglands saying on triple m’s rush hour with Andrew Jarman yesterday that Burton will be safe. The fact that he’s saying that not even two weeks into an external review is unbelievable.
Seriously considering cancelling my membership if Burton is still at the club in 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is it a coincidence that a few days ago there was a rumour that Roo would resign if Burton was a casualty of the review? And that there were 2 groups, Roo/Chappy/******* on one side and Pyke/Fagan on the other.

Probably helps when you have a business partner like Peter Hurley.

Roo is not the smartest tool in the shed. He was a great footballer, doesn’t make you a great at anything else tho.

A lot of people who are financially successful were in the right place at the right time. Luck has as much to do with it for some.

Just on Vozzo, FWIW he was our first choice to be Head of Football before we appointed Birdman, but when the offer came he decided that he didn't want to move his family so he stayed in WA

Rhett Biglands saying on triple m’s rush hour with Andrew Jarman yesterday that Burton will be safe. The fact that he’s saying that not even two weeks into an external review is unbelievable.
Seriously considering cancelling my membership if Burton is still at the club in 2020.

Time for another petition?

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can't deny that this is a little alarming. Does Rhett have inside intel? On the other hand, Caro gave the indication yesterday on 5AA that Burton and Campo are not safe (based on player's feedback). Not sure what to believe, or who to trust at the moment. There is so much s**t flying around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back