Opinion Canterbury and our guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 29, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
i love the bounding roo as a special occasions jumper personally. it's a unique jumper from a magical period in our club's history, it shouldn't be run into the ground. i think it should be the friday nights jumper, since that's another thing synonymous with North in the 90s. our home jumper should always be the one the four premierships were won in, north's most powerful jumper design going back to the days of syd barker.

View attachment 1059485

i've posted this picture before but it's really the best display of how close the front stripes and the back stripes should be to each other. they wrap around evenly. to me, that's one of the most important details. it just looks better to not have a big abyss under the arms, and it makes the strip less vulnerable to the AFL's silly clash policy, since there's far more blue.

The jumper Blight has on is perfection!

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
i love the bounding roo as a special occasions jumper personally. it's a unique jumper from a magical period in our club's history, it shouldn't be run into the ground. i think it should be the friday nights jumper, since that's another thing synonymous with North in the 90s. our home jumper should always be the one the four premierships were won in, north's most powerful jumper design going back to the days of syd barker.

View attachment 1059485

i've posted this picture before but it's really the best display of how close the front stripes and the back stripes should be to each other. they wrap around evenly. to me, that's one of the most important details. it just looks better to not have a big abyss under the arms, and it makes the strip less vulnerable to the AFL's silly clash policy, since there's far more blue.

It also looks much stronger. The likes of Blighty, Glendinning and Snake Baker always appeared to be stretching the stripes around their barrel chest.

barnrokn

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2017
Straightouttanthmelb
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne
Yeah, fight me. 👊🏼
[/
1613559131191.gif

any word when and if we will know if we have a football sponsor? I get a wellness allowance from work and was gonna use part of it buying a new sherrin and you can't buy a North one. I've heard it's because we never got a ball sponsor last year. Anyone know how I could find out if it will happen this year?

Not sure if they are our new ball sponsor?

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I honestly wonder how bad sales have been with Canterbury.

The new Polo top in mostly grey is just disgraceful. Worst I've ever seen.

Do we as a club get hit on low sales, or as contractor they do for producing rubbish continually and we paid anyway?

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The campaign has been run and won.

I refused to accept the white on blue and never purchased it. I love a new jumper but it is/was cuck of the highest order.

Oh, you had me until you used the word cuck. :rolleyes: Isn't that like calling someone a pansy or calling a woman a sheila? Bit tired, no?

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Best news in a lonnnnnnnnnng time.

And don't just wear it with the white shorts.

The AFL's clash policies during the AFLW season should be used against them. Two weeks ago, we went up against Collingwood in the same white stripes on dark background jumper. The AFL decided that white shorts against dark shorts was difference enough. Then in the Indigenous round last week, they allowed two teams to play each other in basically white jumpers. If they've given up on the light jumper vs dark jumper, then we can return to our traditional jumper with blue shorts for home games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
The AFL's clash policies during the AFLW season should be used against them. Two weeks ago, we went up against Collingwood in the same white stripes on dark background jumper. The AFL decided that white shorts against dark shorts was difference enough. Then in the Indigenous round last week, they allowed two teams to play each other in basically white jumpers. If they've given up on the light jumper vs dark jumper, then we can return to our traditional jumper with blue shorts for home games.

We could actually wear our traditional strip with blue shorts against 9 teams in away games with no clash.

Nov 7, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Oh, you had me until you used the word cuck. :rolleyes: Isn't that like calling someone a pansy or calling a woman a sheila? Bit tired, no?

No it’s means s**t.

I don’t use words like pansy or sheila (not that there is anything wrong with that) - reason is I have too many gay campaigners in my family.

GMAN63

Senior List
Dec 30, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Collingwood jumper tonight v Rich. Thick unbroken stripes with a much thinner pin stripe. Looks pretty good.What could have been.... Shame we have another season to go.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Collingwood jumper tonight v Rich. Thick unbroken stripes with a much thinner pin stripe. Looks pretty good.What could have been.... Shame we have another season to go.
Yep. It's the business design wise.

How *ing hard is it? Our guernsey has become predominantly white with thin stripes.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

No it’s means sh*t.

I don’t use words like pansy or sheila (not that there is anything wrong with that) - reason is I have too many gay campaigners in my family.
The only thing I know how to say in Afrikaans sounds kinda like this - Kahn cuck in de millies - go sh1t in the corn 🙃

ChoppyGun

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 19, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Went to see how much and maybe buy the jacket LDU was wearing. (black with white trim....North logo. Looked great)

Be stuffed if I can find it at RooShop? Any ideas?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back