Opinion Canterbury and our guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 18, 2014
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pierce & Pierce, Stratton Oakmont
Yes, it’s another one of these threads. I don’t know about you guys, but I have grown quite bored with Canterbury’s yearly attempts at our jumper. This season attempt in particular...was bizarre indeed. I’m certain that our deal expires with them in 2022, which if you ask me...can’t come soon enough. Personally, I’d love to see us return to something far more faithful, yet stylish, like our 90’s guernseys. I’m curious as to who the club plans on signing with afterwards. I’d love it to be Adidas or Puma, but we all know that ain’t happening any time soon.

The guernsey is always more or less the same IMO. I remember when the bouncing kangaroo jumper came out in the 90’s and they had moved to synthetic fabric and it had a stupid thing at the collar. I hated those aspects and didn’t buy one which I now regret.

The real problem I have with the current merchant is the lack of imagination and choice. The warm up tops the girls use look great but you can’t buy them and the decent cotton t-shirt seems to be a thing of the past.

They could do a hell of a lot better.

Dirty_11

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 28, 2014
Beneath the Blue & White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shinboners
Yes, it’s another one of these threads. I don’t know about you guys, but I have grown quite bored with Canterbury’s yearly attempts at our jumper. This season attempt in particular...was bizarre indeed. I’m certain that our deal expires with them in 2022, which if you ask me...can’t come soon enough. Personally, I’d love to see us return to something far more faithful, yet stylish, like our 90’s guernseys. I’m curious as to who the club plans on signing with afterwards. I’d love it to be Adidas or Puma, but we all know that ain’t happening any time soon.
Our away guernsey last year was our 90's guernsey.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This was the best our jumper ever looked in my opinion. Big, wide stripes that almost wrap around the jumper uninterrupted. I'm not really a fan of the modern jumper's style which is more like 3 thin stripes down the middle.
1585141437343.png

Here's how I'd do it on the modern Canterbury template:
NMFCHome@4x.png

Some inspiration from the 2000s style front sponsor logo that doesn't cut a big chunk out of the stripes, and also I did the back sponsor the way Collingwood did it this year, where it's on top of the stripes instead of the stripes cutting off below it. Also included the old monogram above the number (a few clubs are doing it now) and the regular club logo above the front sponsor.

If the club really wants pinstripes, here's a version with actual pinstripes instead of whatever they're wearing at the moment:
NMFCPinstripesHome@4x.png

This was the best our jumper ever looked in my opinion. Big, wide stripes that almost wrap around the jumper uninterrupted. I'm not really a fan of the modern jumper's style which is more like 3 thin stripes down the middle.
View attachment 846730

Here's how I'd do it on the modern Canterbury template:
View attachment 846731
Some inspiration from the 2000s style front sponsor logo that doesn't cut a big chunk out of the stripes, and also I did the back sponsor the way Collingwood did it this year, where it's on top of the stripes instead of the stripes cutting off below it. Also included the old monogram above the number (a few clubs are doing it now) and the regular club logo above the front sponsor.

If the club really wants pinstripes, here's a version with actual pinstripes instead of whatever they're wearing at the moment:
View attachment 846732
Beautiful

Don't the AFL require the home jersey to be the "dark" one, which is why we went to the Royal Blue with White Stripes as our home and our traditional jersey became our away jersey?

I like our current jersey, except the pinstripe is too think, it should be half the width it currently is now.

GMAN63

Senior List
Dec 30, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Agree with all of the above and like Liam Boys design. No broken stripes and ditch the pin stripes.

Nov 25, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I like the current jumper. Pinstripes work for me as does the solid upper blue back. Our early 1970's jumper also had pinstripes. Not a fan at all of the 90's away guernsey - which was our alternative guernsey last year. Too gimmicky imo.

Apr 26, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Don't the AFL require the home jersey to be the "dark" one, which is why we went to the Royal Blue with White Stripes as our home and our traditional jersey became our away jersey?
No, but they require we wear white shorts with it so you still have the light/dark contrast. This is why we changed our jumper. Because we didn't want to wear white shorts at home.

I like the predominantly blue jumper, as a home jumper, and the away being the 90s away jumper - basically what we had last year. This year's change isn't to my liking really. But right now we don't even know if we'll see another game in it...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually really like the Canterbury stuff. This year's I didn't like but I grew on me a bit seeing it on the players. Main reason I like Canterbury is their website often has sales on so u can get them cheap end of season and sometimes u can get a new one 30% off.

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

I like our current jersey, except the pinstripe is too think, it should be half the width it currently is now.

Geelong don't have an alternate strip. This results in them often wearing white shorts at home, but i wouldn't mind if North did that too and wore the blue version for away games

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Geelong don't have an alternate strip. This results in them often wearing white shorts at home, but i wouldn't mind if North did that too and wore the blue version for away games
Geelong is the only club strip that looks good with white shorts, imho.

Colbys Boots

Premium Gold
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Whoever our next apparel supplier is will be designing the 2025 kit. And I think we all know what that one needs to be.

Oct 12, 2008
The North of Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
All I want is for us to wear a white jumper with blue shorts and blue socks for homes games, and white shorts and blue socks for our away games. Why is that so hard? Our jumper only clashes with Geelong ffs.

i'm a fan of the hoop socks personally

Dec 18, 2014
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Pierce & Pierce, Stratton Oakmont
Just not with the home shorts, they look weird with blue shorts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back