Opinion Canterbury and our guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

No mate, I'm in your camp as well.

Not upset if they bring it back as a clash strip as a lot of people like it, but personally prefer it to be left to history.

White with royal blue stripes, royal blue knicks, royal blue hose for home. White knicks, royal blue and white hooped hose away.

Perfection in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Personally prefer the hooped hose in all cases but can’t argue with it.

No mate, I'm in your camp as well.

Not upset if they bring it back as a clash strip as a lot of people like it, but personally prefer it to be left to history.

White with royal blue stripes, royal blue knicks, royal blue hose for home. White knicks, royal blue and white hooped hose away.

Perfection in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Yes it is perfection and the only possible clash is Geelong. If we had a white V clash jumper, it would be apt to wear that against Geelong as the first time the white V was ever worn by NMFC was in round 1 of our first season in the VFL in 1925 when the opponent was Geelong.

It's also kind of strange that a few people are clamouring for a nostalgia jumper that was used just two years ago.

If the blue stripes are wider as they were from the 70s and 80s instead of the weak thin stripes that got progressively worse from the 90s onwards, then it is a much better and stronger jumper. I fully expect Puma to have followed this brief as they know what they're doing.

1980s jumper:

View attachment 1256431

2016 and onwards:

View attachment 1256432
Really like to 80's jumper, I like the thicker stripes. What I really like is the shade of blue, it's more vibrant and bright while the current shade is rather dull.

Yes it is perfection and the only possible clash is Geelong. If we had a white V clash jumper, it would be apt to wear that against Geelong as the first time the white V was ever worn by NMFC was in round 1 of our first season in the VFL in 1925 when the opponent was Geelong.
And as a further nod to that famous day, Geelong should donate us the gate takings 👍

I get this thought. But 90s nostalgia is huge across Australian, even Western, culture atm so I get the appeal of bringing back perhaps the most iconic 90s strip.
At my age, the ‘90s isn’t so much nostalgia as “seems like it was just last week”. Nostalgia is woollen jumpers with a collar.

It's also kind of strange that a few people are clamouring for a nostalgia jumper that was used just two years ago.
That’s because we have had the worst strip in our history for possibly 2 of our worst seasons in the last 30+ years.

I swear I have PTSD from that horrible strip (went to every game in QLD 2020 except Adelaide game… yep 0 wins).

2019 we had such a strong set.

Love the look of the warm up Puma shirts, hope we get them with NORTH on the front!

That’s because we have had the worst strip in our history for possibly 2 of our worst seasons in the last 30+ years.

I swear I have PTSD from that horrible strip (went to every game in QLD 2020 except Adelaide game… yep 0 wins).

2019 we had such a strong set.

Love the look of the warm up Puma shirts, hope we get them with NORTH on the front!
I’d be happy with this! 👍
1633767230423.jpeg

Hojuman make it happen, for us.

The Lakers unveiled a new sponsor for their jersey patches Monday: Bibigo, a South Korean line of dumplings, sauces and frozen meals.

The five-year agreement is worth more than $100 million, according to people familiar with the deal but not authorized to disclose its terms publicly. NBA jersey patch deals have sold for an average range of $7 million to $10 million per year, according to The Athletic.
Already a few S.K. sponsorships around yeh ?
. Carlton - Hyundai
. Hawks - Samsung ?
. Dees used to have Hankook l think ?
. LG were with someone.

Don't think Bibigo would be on too many lips here.
I reckon we could get those Squid Game people on board. They seem to be pretty flush with cash, and if we’re struggling at any point in the game, we just send in the new mascot
9EADBD1B-7F07-44AB-AB8A-97C53147AE08.jpeg

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd buy a lace up guernsey if they brought one out. Always liked the lace up, very old school.

Of all the North players that would have worn lace ups, for some reason I have a recurring memory of Steve McCann rocking one.

This guy makes reproduction lace ups:

I or should I say my mum bought me a lace up jumper in the mid 80's from Charlie Suttons sports shop in Footscray. Have only ever worn it at our GF's. Hopefully gets another run soon... Still in excellent condition. Rather uncomfortable to wear out on the footy field I reckon. Hopefully Puma brings out some decent gear. The Canterbury outlet in Harbour Town on the Gold Coast has some good bargains whenever I've been there in recent years. Will probably be giving North gear away now.

I'd buy a lace up guernsey if they brought one out. Always liked the lace up, very old school.

Of all the North players that would have worn lace ups, for some reason I have a recurring memory of Steve McCann rocking one.

Weren't the lace ups made with a real canvassy sort of material ?

Last edited:
Do our colours need to be white and blue for our away strip?

Can we go full EPL and do like a yellow jersey or something?

This guy makes reproduction lace ups:

Wow, they're great, thanks. Found myself a Xmas pressie! I'm still living in the 70's, so that will suit me down to the ground.

And Ross Glendinning.

Weren't the lace ups made with a real canvassy sort of material ?
Something like that. There wasn’t any stretch in them so they were hard to grab in a tackle.
Unless you managed to get your fingers into the laces, which is why they were banned actually, as they caused some finger damage

Remove this Banner Ad

Back