Opinion Canterbury and our guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Something like that. There wasn’t any stretch in them so they were hard to grab in a tackle.
Unless you managed to get your fingers into the laces, which is why they were banned actually, as they caused some finger damage
Exactly - they are dangerous so no more.

An Instagram user called PM6Design whipped this clash up for me, I think it's fantastic and I'd really like to see the Blue V back in the fold. I really like what he did with the Mazda logo too!
l like the jumper and shorts but not the socks ...make them the matching blue and white hoops or blue with white cuffs...also it needs a roo logo above the Mazda name...

Somebody who frequents these parts owns a match-worn Ross Glendinning lace-up. He brought it to the 150th celebration night to get it signed and Roscoe was delighted to be reunited (briefly) with his old jumper.

l still have Stuart Andersons 1996 match worn premiership jumper..l'm still trying to get him to sign it. l saw him at a function, told him about it however l never had the jumper with me but he said he would sign it. Now because of Covid l have to wait to see him at another function so he can sign it...Needless to say every time l'm going to a function its coming with me...lol

On the subject of jumpers….. trying to hunt one of these down
2004 bont away -match worn or player issue - if anyone knows of one or has one please contact me
45997B01-643F-406B-A299-E712F1E92C87.jpeg

l still have Stuart Andersons 1996 match worn premiership jumper..l'm still trying to get him to sign it. l saw him at a function, told him about it however l never had the jumper with me but he said he would sign it. Now because of Covid l have to wait to see him at another function so he can sign it...Needless to say every time l'm going to a function its coming with me...lol
Is it laundered? Asking for a friend.

It has never been washed by me but l think the club might have as it still looks clean..Mind you Stuart Anderson never really got dirty that day 2 kicks and 3 marks...l just looked and Stuart Anderson did sign it...Doh!
Ha! Without taking anything away from yours, I’ve always thought having the guernsey with grass stains, paint marks etc adds to the authenticity. It’s probably something they don’t allow due to hygeine concerns.

2004 bont away -match worn or player issue - if anyone knows of one or has one please contact me
View attachment 1257268

A while ago I made a concept for a new version of this design, something about it is just striking.
NMFCKitRooPanel@4x.png

Like I said I made this a while ago so it's still on the Canterbury template. Faded blue instead of grey, the arch properly lines up with the one on the back, and there's stripes on the back. I think if we need a new dark away jumper for whatever reason, this would be a good choice.

It has never been washed by me but l think the club might have as it still looks clean..Mind you Stuart Anderson never really got dirty that day 2 kicks and 3 marks...l just looked and Stuart Anderson did sign it...Doh!

Too many stripes, aren't there? This looks like the first printed jumper, worn against the Bulldogs in early 1996. After that game, it was replaced with a 3 stripes on the front and back design, more similar to what we still wear today. That's what was worn in the grand final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1257268

I have one signed and framed up on a wall at home. It’s Stevo’s final game jumper. The chances of me parting with it are zero. Good luck with your search.

Too many stripes, aren't there? This looks like the first printed jumper, worn against the Bulldogs in early 1996. After that game, it was replaced with a 3 stripes on the front and back design, more similar to what we still wear today. That's what was worn in the grand final.

Now lm not happy :mad: ..this was suppose to be a 1996 match worn premiership jumper and it not...The club conned me.. Thanks for bringing it to my attention..There's not much l can do about it now...Even when l collected it l think it was Greg Miller who said to me that l got a bargain at the price l paid for it...

Last edited:
A while ago I made a concept for a new version of this design, something about it is just striking.
View attachment 1257551

Like I said I made this a while ago so it's still on the Canterbury template. Faded blue instead of grey, the arch properly lines up with the one on the back, and there's stripes on the back. I think if we need a new dark away jumper for whatever reason, this would be a good choice.

I'd have no problem this being our permanent strip. Looks great. I always thought the one we wore was about the best we'd ever worn.

Now lm not happy :mad: ..this was suppose to be a 1996 match worn premiership jumper and it not...The club conned me.. Thanks for bringing it to my attention..There's not much l can do about it now...Even when l collected it l think it was Greg Miller who said to me that l got a bargain at the price l paid for it...

It looks like a genuine match-worn jumper from 1996. Just from Round 2, not the grand final.

It looks like a genuine match-worn jumper from 1996. Just from Round 2, not the grand final.

It wasn't that jumper either ...
The front hypertec label is different, There is not large PC logo on the front of that jumper or the back..l'm thinking that they grabed a jumper from the shop and put on the appropriate labels that were on the ones being used in the Grand Final .
l wonder how many others were also dupped..l was told told that its from the GF. l bidded on this at a function on the understanding that if North made the Grand Final then l would have to wait until after it to collect the jumper because it was still being used. l have spent all these years believing that l had a 1996 Match Worn premiership jumper and it has most likely only been grabbed at the last minute from the shop....As l said before , l was conned by the club.. :mad:

Last edited:
It wasn't that jumper either ...
The front hypertec label is different, There is not large PC logo on the front of that jumper or the back..l'm thinking that they grabed a jumper from the shop and put on the appropriate labels that were on the ones being used in the Grand Final .
l wonder how many others were also dupped..l was told told that its from the GF. l bidded on this at a function on the understanding that if North made the Grand Final then l would have to wait until after it to collect the jumper because it was still being used. l have spent all these years believing that l had a 1996 Match Worn premiership jumper and it has most likely only been grabbed at the last minute from the shop....As l said before , l was conned by the club.. :mad:
No grand final logo aswell
It’s still the jumper from round 2 just with the bigger hypertec heat pressed on the front

I'd have no problem this being our permanent strip. Looks great. I always thought the one we wore was about the best we'd ever worn.

Seriously? You think we should wear this horror show instead of blue and white stripes? I guess it takes all types but I always felt the grey stripey Frankenstein abomination was the worst thing we have ever worn and only topped by some of the terrible jumpers Hawthorn has trotted out for all time worst VFL/AFL designs.

Did Greg Miller sign a certificate of authenticity?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back