Current Australia

Corrupt politicians - Check
Corrupt financial institutions - Check
Corrupt media - Check
Corrupt religious institutions - Check
Corrupt power suppliers - Check
Corrupt watchdogs - Check
Corrupt Governor General - Check

What a fouled society. A Royal Commision into why rich people are disgusting.

A Royal Commision into why Royal Commisions do not achieve anything.

“The politicians will hold them to account...” Yeah right. What a crock of s**t.

Shame that between the Governor General, government, watchdogs, federal police, ASIO etc, that absolutely nothing was done. Why is the Royal Commision “finding” stuff that the “lunatics” on the internet have been stating for years. How come the authorities have been so inept?

A Royal Commision into “the authorities”?

Royal Commision - “So rich arsehole, you’re admitting to committing illegal activity”
Rich arsehole - “Yep, I’m allowed to do whatever I want, so screw you”

Someone nudging “the authorities” awake - “hear that authorities, they admitted to undertaking illegal activity, you can now prosecute them”
“The authority” - “What? No way! I didn’t see that coming!!! What a twist! Duh! I know what will fix this, I’ll just fine them so that their customers can get raped for a second time?”

It’s like Chief Wiggum is in charge.

Current Australia

Corrupt politicians - Check
Corrupt financial institutions - Check
Corrupt media - Check
Corrupt religious institutions - Check
Corrupt power suppliers - Check
Corrupt watchdogs - Check
Corrupt Governor General - Check

What a fouled society. A Royal Commision into why rich people are disgusting.

A government corrupting capitalism, not many will disagree with you.. capitalists will agree 100%..

The poor are just disgusting people who wish they were rich..

A government corrupting capitalism, not many will disagree with you.. capitalists will agree 100%..

The poor are just disgusting people who wish they were rich..

Poor are people who want the same opportunity.

You can’t argue against the evidence, how come the banks / insurance companies have been committing criminal activity to get their profit? Is this what capitalism is?

30 million of taxpayer money to foxtel but their were probable back room deals. Makes me sick in the stomach.

Poor are people who want the same opportunity.

What's poor? Anyone who isn't a CEO?

Our society is as egalitarian as it gets. Anyone who works a full time job and isn't irresponsible can afford to live a happy life...

You can’t argue against the evidence, how come the banks / insurance companies have been committing criminal activity to get their profit? Is this what capitalism is?

No it's not capitalism, at all.

What's poor? Anyone who isn't a CEO?

Our society is as egalitarian as it gets. Anyone who works a full time job and isn't irresponsible can afford to live a happy life...

No it's not capitalism, at all.

1) Poor are people who are at median income. The people who either a) wouldn’t be able to afford their own house based on current value b) cannot afford a house. People who work a full time job.

2) Exactly, so you would agree that the people responsible are disgusting?

More unsurprising news from Australia's legal criminal syndicate (Financial sector)

"The peak committee governing the self-regulated general insurance industry says that while it has recorded 31,000 breaches of the industry code it has not sanctioned a single company for them."

Right-e-o, @everyone, please do not try and congratulate me all at once for my superior soothsaying skills. Chief my likes are going to go nuts, so you might need to make sure the BigFooty servers do not crash.

Here it is...

'Too often, the answer seems to be greed': The royal commission's damning first report is out

SKmIGN8.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1) Poor are people who are at median income.

Wow, talk about deluded.

2) Exactly, so you would agree that the people responsible are disgusting?

Yes.

I also think our Government wasting time in-fighting and virtue signalling identity politics to bored, spoilt citizens instead of doing their job is disgusting too.

A lot of people rort our system because humans are greedy, yeah even the poor ones.

BTW high income earners give a much higher % of their income to charity than low income earners.

Wow, talk about deluded.

Yes.

I also think our Government wasting time in-fighting and virtue signalling identity politics to bored, spoilt citizens instead of doing their job is disgusting too.

A lot of people rort our system because humans are greedy, yeah even the poor ones.

BTW high income earners give a much higher % of their income to charity than low income earners.

Poor people are anyone who cannot afford a house within their own country, the truth of the matter is the scum of Australia, like soldiers, police officers, researchers, nurses, teachers, cannot afford a house unless they emigrate to Menindee. Reason - Greedy rich people. Fact.

Of course the Gubmint is disgusting, they’re sick, corrupt deviants beyond measure. There’s nothing positive I can say about the Australian Gubmint, they’ve betrayed democracy, they’ve betrayed the country. The Australian Gubmint is comprised of individuals who are the most despicable in the entire Gondwanian history of this Continent, they undermined the country’s democracy to get some munny. Reason - Greedy rich people. Fact.

No the simple fact is, you can only state that “some poor people may be greedy”, but with rich people there is no doubt. They are self-centered, sick in the head individuals, singularly responisble for every ill in the world. They are a cancer on society.

Addionally, just because some poor people can be greedy it does not mean that greed is not an evil that needs to be cured. But unfortunately the people with the power to cure the disease are the ones corrupted by it. How many of the big four banks lost their financial license for breaking the conditions of the license? Answer - None. Reason - Greedy rich people. Fact.

Charity is masturbation, if a responsible rich person really wanted to help they wouldn’t avoid paying taxes, or just pay more taxes so the money through a responsible government would go to the individuals / environment / research etc where it is needed. Giving a CEO of a charity a BMW does not cure cancer. Fact.

Last edited:
Poor people are anyone who cannot afford a house within their own country, the truth of the matter is the scum of Australia, like soldiers, police officers, researchers, nurses, teachers, cannot afford a house unless they emigrate to Menindee. Reason - Greedy rich people. Fact.

Of course the Gubmint is disgusting, they’re sick, corrupt deviants beyond measure. There’s nothing positive I can say about the Australian Gubmint, they’ve betrayed democracy, they’ve betrayed the country. The Australian Gubmint is comprised of individuals who are the most despicable in the entire Gondwanian history of this Continent, they undermined the country’s democracy to get some munny. Reason - Greedy rich people. Fact.

No the simple fact is, you can only state that “some poor people may be greedy”, but with rich people there is no doubt. They are self-centered, sick in the head individuals, singularly responisble for every ill in the world. They are a cancer on society.

Addionally, just because some poor people can be greedy it does not mean that greed is not an evil that needs to be cured. But unfortunately the people with the power to cure the disease are the ones corrupted by it. How many of the big four banks lost their financial license for breaking the conditions of the license? Answer - None. Reason - Greedy rich people. Fact.

Charity is masturbation, if a responsible rich person really wanted to help they wouldn’t avoid paying taxes, or just pay more taxes so the money through a responsible government would go to the individuals / environment / research etc where it is needed. Giving a CEO of a charity a BMW does not cure cancer. Fact.

Furthermore, a rational hospital would not have an opioid addict in charge of distributing pain killers. Why are munny-addicted freaks in charge of our economy?

I disagree with negative gearing too, moronic concept. But there are a number of other factors contributing to inflated property value ie. allowing internationals to buy property :mad:, heavy migration :mad:, lowering interest rates (to artificially stimulate the economy).

I think we need to rename this thread to 'Government Corrupted Capitalism' or 'Crony Capitalism'.

I disagree with negative gearing too, moronic concept. But there are a number of other factors contributing to inflated property value ie. allowing internationals to buy property :mad:, heavy migration :mad:, lowering interest rates (to artificially stimulate the economy).

I think we need to rename this thread to 'Government Corrupted Capitalism' or 'Crony Capitalism'.

Allowing international investment in housing is disgusting, they don’t even need it, and it ruins another person’s country. It’s sick. The same can also be said for investment in housing full stop. It’s parasitic.

There are lots of other things investors can gamble on, and markets they can rig and manipulate, so they can get munny they don’t even need. Housing should be excluded. This is 21st century feudalism or slavery. It’s inhumane and immoral.

Wow, talk about deluded.

Yes.

Could this be because high income earners need a lesser % of their money to live on relative to low income earners? For example, even if I earn 1000x more than you it doesn't mean that I'll be spending 1000x more on food.

There's also the whole 'tax deduction' issue to consider RE giving to charity.

Could this be because high income earners need a lesser % of their money to live on relative to low income earners? For example, even if I earn 1000x more than you it doesn't mean that I'll be spending 1000x more on food.

There's also the whole 'tax deduction' issue to consider RE giving to charity.

Dissect it any way you want, they still give a LOT after the massive tax they already pay. Top 10% of earners contribute 50% of the total tax revenue.

The point was to make the pinheads on here aware that high income earners aren't all greedy. Ironic how the takers moan about the very people funding their existence.

As a % takers are just as greedy.

Dissect it any way you want, they still give a LOT after the massive tax they already pay. Top 10% of earners contribute 50% of the total tax revenue.

The point was to make the pinheads on here aware that high income earners aren't all greedy. Ironic how the takers moan about the very people funding their existence.

It is indeed true that human beings are a complex blend of altruism and self-interest, even at the higher income levels. However...

As a % takers are just as greedy.

Your use of the word 'takers' evokes the 'makers and takers' phrase commonly used among hard-right economic types (no idea what your economic views actually are), but that phrase ignores how in reality everyone contributes to the economy, even if it is something as innocuous as buying goods and services.

Of course, people can be both 'makers' and 'takers' as well. You can contribute a lot in tax and yet benefit from government services such as roads, airports and even Howard's infamous 'middle-class welfare'. That is why I dislike grouping people into those categories.

A person on median income can in most cases obtain financing for a mortgage, it has never been easier for them, the real poor are the people that are on low income as in the minimum wage, the long term unemployed or people focusing on their uni studies and people on DSP.

Of the 65% of Australians that own their own home, about half have a mortgage, the other half have paid it off or inherited it.

Disagree with you on your last comment, it makes perfect sense to give to charity because the government can spend it on anything it chooses whereas giving money to charity ensures that is where the money goes, people should be encouraged to support their favorite charities instead of being criticised.

Allowing international investment in housing is disgusting, they don’t even need it, and it ruins another person’s country. It’s sick. The same can also be said for investment in housing full stop. It’s parasitic.

There are lots of other things investors can gamble on, and markets they can rig and manipulate, so they can get munny they don’t even need. Housing should be excluded. This is 21st century feudalism or slavery. It’s inhumane and immoral.

Australia has been built on foreign investment, without it Australia and Australians would be far poorer.

A person on median income can in most cases obtain financing for a mortgage, it has never been easier for them, the real poor are the people that are on low income as in the minimum wage, the long term unemployed or people focusing on their uni studies and people on DSP.

Of the 65% of Australians that own their own home, about half have a mortgage, the other half have paid it off or inherited it.

Disagree with you on your last comment, it makes perfect sense to give to charity because the government can spend it on anything it chooses whereas giving money to charity ensures that is where the money goes, people should be encouraged to support their favorite charities instead of being criticised.

Nope, housing used to be affordable. That was back before the property market was abused and defiled by bankers and investors. How come the number of 25-34 year olds who own a house has decreased as house prices have increased?

Nope the money from the charity goes to the charity CEO, so the CEO can buy a Mercedes to drive themselves to a golf course... firstly, the administration costs alone are stupid, especially given the government (a responsible one) already has this in place and doesn’t have to duplicate this. Why would a person want to donate to create administration? Secondly, a responsible government should contribute money to everything any charity is attempting to raise money for, education, research, aid, health, environment etc etc.

Australia has been built on foreign investment, without it Australia and Australians would be far poorer.

I’d prefer to work in the 80s and be able to afford housing than be a slave in the 00s.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back