FTA-TV Caprica- Battlestar Galactica Prequel

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 21, 2006
On Deadly Ground
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Seagal, Hull, Hibs
A home world prequel series covering the creation of the cylons, the first cylon war, and their subsequent evolution sounds interesting... depends on how they structure the show.

BSG was fresh and different but with Caprica we kind of already know how it ends.

Interesting premise, not sure it will make a good show though.

BSG was fresh and different but with Caprica we kind of already know how it ends.

Well Caprica is set 51 years before the start of Battlestar Galactica so I suspect that won't really matter (unless the show lasts for 51 seasons :p).

Interesting premise, not sure it will make a good show though.

SCI FI have been referring to it as a "family drama". That does make me a bit tentative as family dramas aren't exactly a favourite genre of mine.

But yes it's certainly not going to be "Battlestar Galactica on a planet". I guess we'll have to wait and see what it's like. 2010 seems quite far away :p

Looks like the pilot Caprica episode is available from the usual places.

Should be interesting, especially knowing the whole cylon evolution path from the final season of BSG.

God I hope this is not soap opera like.

I quite liked it :thumbsu: It surpassed my expectations; the way Sci Fi Channel kept describing it as a "family drama" I was sort of expecting a CW-style show (aka crap) with merely a 'sci fi' setting. But this pilot was quite strong and took itself rather seriously thankfully.

My following thoughts are spoilers for people who have not watched the pilot
I liked the racism (Capricans slagging Taurons). Also noticed how Joseph said Tauron has no flowers, which in addition to being interesting makes me wonder if they'll have the odd episode set on the other colonies? Would be neat to do that I say :p The characters did well too. Overall it was good to see the filming and score were seriously done like on Battlestar Galactica.

I'm interested to see where it goes, specifically the character of Zoe-R. To our knowledge the humans of the Twelve Colonies never created any humanoid cylons, only the 'toaster' variety. But who knows, just because it wasn't mentioned in Battlestar Galactica doesn't mean it couldn't have happened on a small scale. Will be interesting either way.

Finally, bring back fedora hats!

Now we have to wait until bloody 2010 to see the rest of the season! :(

Interesting. It was the final five humanoid cylons from old earth who gave the colonial cylons the resurrection technology.

The references in the Caprica pilot to transferring human brain data to virtual reality suggests a precursor to this technology being developed independently on Caprica.

Interesting. It was the final five humanoid cylons from old earth who gave the colonial cylons the resurrection technology.

The references in the Caprica pilot to transferring human brain data to virtual reality suggests a precursor to this technology being developed independently on Caprica.

Yep. I liked Caprica. I think its going to be grittier than BSG's final season. I think the term "Family drama" isn't being used in the same context as, say, 7th Heaven. More a show about two different families whose history are important to the overall story behind the 12 colonies and the Cylon development.

Looking forward to it alot. That and S2 of Dollhouse.

I watched it a little while ago and it was almost better than I was expecting. I understand they are trying to push for a wider audience but to me it is no less geeked than BSG. I am more intrigued by the cult/political side with the bombings and all moreso than the origins of the cylons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back