Capricornia League 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

StillGotIt

All Australian
Feb 17, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The old thread was a bit dated. Reckon it might be time for a new one..

BITS surprised nobody by completing the 3-peat this year. I wasn't there but apparently it lacked streakers.

How’s your club shaping up for next year?

Couple Melbourne boys headed up that way in 14, quality players too. Be very interested to see just which club they end up at. Just hope BITs doesn't pick them up as well with the dominating reign at the top they've had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where abouts they headed? Daresay it'll just be whoever's local, no point coming here for money. BITS have dominated by virtue of being a very well run club, coupled with an abundance of work down there

Nothing new then, dare say they'll wind up at BITS if they can keep their lines out of the water long enough. no real reason to play elsewhere

Couple of lads from Tassie Playing for the mudcrabs in 2014 i heard, 1 is 6.6 and 110kg and he can play Nils Williams his dad played AFL for North Melb & the bulldogs i think.

Whats the Go any clubs organized any practice games its nearly that time again.
Yeppoon v Moranbah i heard early march.

We're (brothers) heading to the bundy carnival as well as some intras. Is the yeppoon carnival making a return this year?

We're (brothers) heading to the bundy carnival as well as some intras. Is the yeppoon carnival making a return this year?
No carnival at Swan Park this year swans are playing Moranbah on the 1st of march and panthers on 22nd March both games at swan park should be a couple of good hit out before the season proper.

We will find out this weekend when we finally have our first run for the season then have 2 weeks off again.
Game of the round will have to be the bulls v swans massive rivalry should be a great game.

Scruffy has got a couple handy recruits in. Lad from sw vic played a game for us last year, brought a few mates up with him for this season. The emerald numbers have dropped off but that's sorta to be expected. Won the bundy carnival (all bundy teams plus muddies) as well as beating bakers creek and losing to yeppoon by a goal in a mini carnival at our ground, so be interesting to see where we really are this weekend, at home to BITS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scruffy has got a couple handy recruits in. Lad from sw vic played a game for us last year, brought a few mates up with him for this season. The emerald numbers have dropped off but that's sorta to be expected. Won the bundy carnival (all bundy teams plus muddies) as well as beating bakers creek and losing to yeppoon by a goal in a mini carnival at our ground, so be interesting to see where we really are this weekend, at home to BITS
Did Brothers actually play against the muddies or did another team knock them out because i heard they have recruited very well this season?

Much to report from the first couple weeks? Seems to be same old same old from last year. Yeppoon appear to have had a good win at bits last week?

Why is there no news out of the Capricornia league? League seems to be buzzing with what looks to be 3 teams fighting it out for top spot

It's a proposal at this stage anyway to tap into Gracemere. Will find out more if I can.

FIRST SEMI FINAL @ Clinton Oval, Gladstone
U/13 (8:30): Gladstone v Brothers
U/15 (9:40): Gladstone v Panthers
U/17 (11:00): Gladstone v Glenmore
RES (12:30): BITS v Panthers
SEN (2:15): BITS v Panthers
WOM (5:00): Yeppoon v Panthers

2nd SEMI FINALS this weekend at Stenlake Park (Glenmore)

U/13 (8:30): Yeppoon vs BITS, loser plays Gladstone
U/15 (9:40): Yeppoon vs BITS, loser plays Gladstone
U/17 (11:00): Yeppoon vs BITS, loser plays Gladstone
RES (12:30): Glenmore vs Gladstone, loser plays BITS
SEN (2:15): Yeppoon vs Glenmore, loser plays BITS
WOM (5:00); Glenmore vs Gladstone, loser plays Panthers

OK folks, Grand Final Time at the Cricket Grounds. Long day (don't think I'll be making it personally, have other commitments) but the schedule is...

8:30 U/13: BITS vs Yeppoon (Probably a typical slugfest, Saints maybe by a goal)
9:40 U/15: BITS vs Yeppoon (Swans have been the team all year in this age group and should get the money)
11:00 U/17: Yeppoon vs Gladstone (Swans also been the team all year, but not going to underestimate Gladstone who have some decent talent at the top end)
12:30 WOM: Glenmore vs Panthers (Panthers have done it the hard way, but Glenmore have dominated and should get up)
1:15 RES: Glenmore vs BITS (Never underestimate the Saints in a GF but the depth of the Bulls should show out here)
3:30 SEN: Glenmore vs Yeppoon (Even though they lost the 2nd semi, we've always believed the Swans were primed for this and I think this could be their year)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back