Herbs

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2006
Rockhampton
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Just had the first round of our little comp in Central QLD so I thought I'd post up some results.:thumbsu:

CQU Rockhampton Panthers: 16.9. (105)
Glenmore Bulls: 8.2 (50)

First half was very chippy, umpire had to call in both captains to settle things down, but from the 3rd quarter on, Panthers concentrated on footy and piled on the goals. Brett Fragiacomo is a gun.;)

Boyne Island/Tannum Sands (BITS): 29.10. (184)
Rockhampton Brothers: 3.5 (23)

All I know was that it was rather one sided, Darren Boase kicked 9.

Yeppoon Swans: 15.20 (110)
Gladstone: 12.10 (82)

Was apparently pretty close until the last quarter, where Yeppoon stepped up and gapped Gladstone.

If anyone wants reserves results I can post them too.

Cheers.

Just had Rd. 2 matches yesterday, Panthers beat Gladstone by 30 odd I think and go top of the ladder for the time being. In a bit of a surprise, Yeppoon beat Boyne Island/Tannum Sands by a goal while Glenmore smashed Rockhampton Brothers by 90 or 100. I'll post up scores when they come to hand.

Here's the final scores from last weekend's round 2 matches:

Yeppoon: 6. 14. 50
Boyne Island/Tannum Sands: 6. 8. 44

Going by that, Yeppoon are doing well already, beating BITS for the first time since 1999 and even though it's early and they were at home, could be flag favourites by beating the league's powerhouse.

Rockhampton Panthers: 15. 13. 103
Gladstone Mudcrabs: 9. 3. 57

Panthers controlled the match in ridiculously windy conditions in Gladstone, kick for goal, then a gust of wind would come up and the ball would go 90 degrees from goal.......:eek: Clint Ennis kicked 6 goals for Panthers.

Glenmore Bulls: 20. 11. 131
Rockhampton Brothers: 4. 8. 32

Brothers are really struggling, they've lost a lot of players from last year when they made the grand final. For Glenmore, Dean Woosnam (formerly played for Sturt in South Australia I hear?) kicked 5 goals

Round 3 is April 14.

Brothers are really struggling, they've lost a lot of players from last year when they made the grand final.

We've lost.....

FROM LAST SEASON
Scott Smithwick (On-Baller, Went back to Sunbury)
Clint Ennis (Full-Forward, Burned his bridges)
Anthony Smart (Full-Back, Dumb enough to follow Ennis)
Brett Fragiacomo (Back Flank, Reasons sound too confusing)
Brett McAleese (Centre-Half Back, Too busy shagging the bosses' daughter)
Tim Grose (Centre-Half Forward, Graduated from Uni but may appear a handful of times given his girlfriend is still here, he has signed for us)
Ray Stock (Ruck, Illness)
Paul Moloney (CHF/CHB, Can only play reserves)

Then so far this season we've had basically injury after injury after injury.

Here's the final scores from last weekend's round 2 matches:

Yeppoon: 6. 14. 50
Boyne Island/Tannum Sands: 6. 8. 44

Going by that, Yeppoon are doing well already, beating BITS for the first time since 1999 and even though it's early and they were at home, could be flag favourites by beating the league's powerhouse.

Rockhampton Panthers: 15. 13. 103
Gladstone Mudcrabs: 9. 3. 57

Panthers controlled the match in ridiculously windy conditions in Gladstone, kick for goal, then a gust of wind would come up and the ball would go 90 degrees from goal.......:eek: Clint Ennis kicked 6 goals for Panthers.

Glenmore Bulls: 20. 11. 131
Rockhampton Brothers: 4. 8. 32

Brothers are really struggling, they've lost a lot of players from last year when they made the grand final. For Glenmore, Dean Woosnam (formerly played for Sturt in South Australia I hear?) kicked 5 goals

Round 3 is April 14.

Interesting to see dean woosnam mentioned. Captain Coached Narracoorte to a premiership last year in the KNTFL in SA. Played against him 2 years ago and was tough player to play against.

Whats the standard of football like up there? Anyone heard of Sean Bayzand from Yeepoon?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to see dean woosnam mentioned. Captain Coached Narracoorte to a premiership last year in the KNTFL in SA. Played against him 2 years ago and was tough player to play against.

Whats the standard of football like up there? Anyone heard of Sean Bayzand from Yeepoon?

The standard is actually fairly good, but Mackay and especially the Cairns league would be higher standard. I'll let you know about Yeppoon, we (Panthers) play them this weekend.

Ok, 3rd round of the Capricornia league was played this past weekend, here's the results:

Rockhampton Panthers: 23.11.(149)
Yeppoon Swans: 5.6.(36)

Panthers first home game and played really well, although Yeppoon had a shocker, they just didn't turn up at all. Adam Kaufmann kicked 9 for Panthers, should've got a couple more but missed a couple of easy ones.

Boyne Island/Tannum Sands: 10.12.(72)
Glenmore Bulls: 8.11.(59)

Glenmore pushed BITS all the way, but not enough.

Gladstone Mudcrabs: 17.14.(116)
Rockhampton Brothers: 3.2.(20)

An undermanned Brothers gets smashed, they had several players playing in the ressies then backing up for the big boys.

Here's the ladder for the A grade comp:

Panthers: 12
BITS: 8
Yeppoon: 8
Glenmore: 4
Gladstone: 4
Brothers: 0

Cheers.

:thumbsu:

An undermanned Brothers gets smashed, they had several players playing in the ressies then backing up for the big boys.

5 to be precise, then our CHB goes down with a serious knee injury. He's a heavy bastard too, almost did my back carrying the stretcher with him on it.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, that's not good, how many guys from Brothers are injured, seems to be a lot?

Had to have a shoulder reco last week, and is off to cycle down the US coast (don't know which one) in a month or so.
Thanks mate for that used to work with him and play footy at kyneton with him. Must be on a good wicket up there to take off to the states. He was second best on ground in Kynetons flag ten years ago. say hi to him if you see him from the ox.

Alrighty, Round 4 matches were played this past weekend, here's the results.

Rockhampton Panthers:..........17.9.(111)
Boyne Island/Tannum Sands:...16.5.(101)

A thriller at Rocky Cricket Grounds, Panthers played a brilliant 1st half and were 40 points up at half time, but BITS came back hard in the 2nd half of the game, at one stage drawing level, but Panthers dug deep in the late stages to pull off the win. Clint Ennis bagged 9 goals for Panthers

Gladstone Mudcrabs: 16.13.(109)
Glenmore Bulls:.........8.13.(61)

Gladstone are an improving side as Glenmore found out, Barrett kicked 5 goals for the Muddies.

Yeppoon Swans:..........26.23.(179)
Rockhampton Brothers:.2.4.(16)

Well what can you say? Brothers struggle continues while Yeppoon bounces back after being smashed by Panthers last round. Wes Hawke and Trent Rapp each bag 7 goals for the Swans.

Ladder:

Panthers: 16
Yeppoon: 12
BITS:....... 8
Gladstone: 8
Glenmore:..4
Brothers:...0

Cheers.:thumbsu:

Ok, 5 rounds have been completed here in Capricornia with matches conducted last weekend.

Gladstone Mudcrabs:..10.9.(69)
BITS Saints:.............9.10.(64)

Bit of an upset here, I'd have expected BITS to bounce back after their close loss to Panthers, but credit to the Muddies, they're continually improving and are a real threat.

Yeppoon Swans:.........16.10.(106)
Glenmore Bulls.............15.4.(94)

Swans pull out an important win, Dean Woosnam's 9 goals for Glenmore still wasn't enough.

Rockhampton Panthers:.22.27.(159)
Brothers:....................5.2.(32)

Well Brothers have gotta look on the bright side, I believe that's the highest score they've kicked so far this year, but they kicked most of that score in the first 5 or so minutes. After that Panthers knuckled down and piled on the goals, would've got a lot more majors if the wind wasn't so strong too. Clint Ennis and Adam Kaufmann kicked 9 and 5 goals respectively.

Quick turnaround for round 6, which is this coming weekend.

Ladder:
Panthers: 20
Yeppoon: 16
Gladstone:12
BITS:.......8
Glenmore: 4
Brothers:..0

Cheers.

Round 6 of the comp was completed on Saturday, here's the results:

Gladstone Mudcrabs:......18.13.(121)
Yeppoon Swans:............8.13.(61)

A resounding victory for the Mudcrabs, who are definitely proving that they're a contender this season. The match was marred by an all in brawl after the 3 qtr time siren, everyone in and I mean everyone, players, spectators, the lot. There'll be some fallout over that........

BITS Saints:..................32.26.(218)
Brothers:......................2.5.(17)

Yeah well what can you say............

Rockhampton Panthers:...14.12.(96)
Glenmore Bulls:...............1.6.(12)

Another spiteful game, Glenmore couldn't handle being smashed so they took runs at the Panthers players, there were quite a few altercations. As far as the footy goes, Clint Ennis and Clint Evans scored 4 goals each. A negative for Panthers was a knee injury to Brett Fragiacomo, hopefully it's not too serious.

So all in all, a rather chippy weekend of footy.

Ladder:

Panthers: 24
Gladstone:16
Yeppoon:..16
BITS:.......12
Glenmore:..4
Brothers:...0
Cheers :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back