Capricornia league

Remove this Banner Ad

What's news in Rocky how are all the clubs going with recruiting and retaining players.
i hear gladstone are going OK as well as the Swans. Boyne have a few new faces as well , "Beware of the wounded saint". Boyne Ground is in the condition it has ever been. not that it has ever been bad. How are the other grounds ??

Saints are going to play Across the Waves in Bundy this weekend, Two games A, & B grade 6 out of last years GF side didn't make the side and are playing B's, 8 new faces faces including Adam Rudus,Darren White in A grade , two very well regarded country Vic players. Welcome to Nick Stanza on his first game with the club, Saints have played the eagles every year for nearly ten years and never won ! lets see what the weekend brings ?? 48 players travelling great effort, should be a great night to !!

Sounds like some good pickups then. I'm not looking forward to the follow-on effects in their ressies. Should be a tough side to beat.

Brothers had a hit-out against themselves in the wet on the weekend. A few familiar faces stood up and a few old faces were back and looking fit for their age. Will see how we go in round one.

Yes, was a huge weekend for the saints, 47 players travelled to Bundy. We won in both grades with A grade most impressive, A 16 goal football lesson was handed out by the saints. Waves had good numbers and most of there grand final side in I was told. Saints showed where they at with there fitness level by getting stronger each quater. Golf day this saturaday and then of to Bundy again next weekend. Should be another good couple of weekends.

For those who play SuperCoach, please feel free to join my league (579154).

Gee the thread's still going.:) Was a lovely day for wet footy. Panthers beat Glenmore in ressies but A grade was a different story.

After a strong preseason Glenmore had a good opening round in wet conditions agaisnt the Panthers.
Glenmore Bulls 14.8.92 (Tyson Payne 4, Toby Payne 4, D. Payne 3, J. Williams, D. Mangan, S. Fowler goals) def Rockhampton Panthers 8.5.53 (S. Gudgeon 3, B. Bell, H. Davidson, M. Ellis, J. Littlehales, M. Ryan goals).

Full match report at http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au/story/2011/04/06/payne-brothers-kick-goals-rockhampton-rules/

Boyne def Yeppoon
BITS Saints 15.15.105 (N Stanley 3, J Beirouti 3, A Rakip 3, A Philp 2, C Shipard, L Tennant, D Boase, K Bilston goals) def Yeppoon Swans 11.3.69 (J Downir 3, D Watkin 3, L Cossens, Lee Gribble, S Nicholls, R Robinson, S Price goals).

PRELIM FINALS (This Saturday)

SENIORS: Glenmore vs Yeppoon [Winner plays BITS]
RESERVES: Brothers vs Panthers [Winner plays BITS]
UNDER 17's: .................. vs ........ [Winner plays .......]
UNDER 15's: ............. vs ............... [Winner plays .......]
UNDER 13's: Yeppoon vs Brothers [Winner plays Glenmore]

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A grade ///// B.I.T.S Seniors 17.13-115 def. Yeppoon AFC Seniors 9.11-65
Res grade ///// B.I.T.S Reserves 11.11-77 def. Brothers AFC Reserves 5.2-32
Sorry all i know
Web site is s**t, those guys get paid to do this ??
anyway up the "saints" / Home Grown !!

Do you want to know what type of player he is or is this an old acquaintance checking in on his time in the sunny state?

any recruitment news from the capricornia league? surely with the gladstone region booming with work a few new recruits will pop up. i know bits are looking to recruit heavily already have up to 10 new players from the gippsland region coming up for work etc. i really hope other clubs can recruit to bolster stocks from last season.

also any other clubs started pre-season bits started 3 weeks ago attracting good numbers around the 20 mark.

Brothers have started, but I haven't been and can't report on numbers. We had our Movember fun run a few Sundays ago though, and were able to attract about 50 people, including 20 or so from the club.

It looks like another good year for BITS then. That smelter has been quite the boon for you guys.

smelter has been a good avenue for bits but got to remember gladstone is booming at the moment for workers plenty more recruits to come im sure.

on a sour note the club looks almost likely to lose league b&f, Club b&f and john round medal winner Adam Rakip who has repordetly signed with with Horsham Distrcit side Laharum Demons down in Country Victoria.

The same happened to us after 2010. Charlie and Goose headed back to Melbourne after their year in the sun. That's the lot of an AFL club in Central Queensland, it would seem - people are bound to get homesick, and they're often our better players.

John Birouti aka Animal has announed he will be playing at Gladstone this up coming season with the loss of rakip, poss (Scott Muller) there goes over 200 goals from last season

Reportedly he has a good relationship with the new Muddies coach from his days in WA (4 days a week training pre-season, hella serious almost OTT but there you go). Mind you Boyne will probably find those goals somewhere with new smelter employees.....

I've heard the new Muddies coach is ex-WAFL, Mick. Can you or Az shed any more light?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back