Capricornia league

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sorry to say that the only thing that would attract you here is the weather and/or a job. There's not really any money, if any, for players and the standard would be a massive drop for any previously listed players. Having said that, the mines are on our doorstep, Boyne Island have an aluminium smelter (BITS), and Gladstone have a few smelters as well as a massive LNG construction job.

It's not a place to come for the footy, but if you get a job any club would love an extra player.

believe it or not the smelter isnt the only place bits has found these blokes jobs the islands are attracting bulk players also agree about the ex afl players afl capricornia would be dreaming to attract players of that standard when no players get paid

The Facebook world is abuzz with the antics of one John 'Animal' Beirouti yet again. What a great character he is.

No, but apparently he's captaining the Muddies this season. I'd love to see him leading them out every week.

No, but apparently he's captaining the Muddies this season. I'd love to see him leading them out every week.

After playing directly on him and with him in a (yes only one) rep game, I think he'll be a great captain and exactly what the young Mudcrabs need. Behind all the antics he brings to the field he is a reasonable player, but I think he'll relish leadership. But the other good thing about him is he can show the young boys how to play serious footy while having fun with it. That is the winning formula.

I think the AFL should pay him for the exposure he is giving the game in CQ. I wish him and the Mudcrabs the best (except when they play Brothers). He'll bring in huge crowds to Gladstone and it'll be hard to beat them at home.

Probably similar to a few years ago when 'half of Muddies went to BITS' ie. Nick Stanley, Ben Coles, and Nugget.

I also note that one R Spellman will be having a run with the Muddies having moved down there to fill the AFL development vacancy.

The Muddies recruitment continues. To go with their most amazing recruit, Ryan Spellman, they have apparently attracted The Wiz up. Anyone from down there able to confirm if we'll have both Animal and Wiz to contend with next time we play them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had a read over the old days. Oh, how I miss the old days when Joey was the only umpire to complain about.

I'll be team manager, so I certainly hope so. I'd love to be able to submit a winner's wrap in the media sheet.

1st SEMI FINAL THIS WEEKEND (Swan Park, Yeppoon)
8:30 U/13: Yeppoon vs Panthers
9:40 U/15: BITS vs Glenmore
11:00 U/17: Gladstone vs Panthers
12:45 RES: Panthers vs Brothers
2:30 SNR: Gladstone vs Yeppoon

2nd SEMI FINAL NEXT WEEKEND (Boyne Tannum Country Club Oval, Tannum Sands)
8:30 U/13: BITS vs Glenmore
9:40 U/15: Gladstone vs Yeppoon
11:00 U/17: Yeppoon vs Glenmore
12:45 RES: Gladstone vs BITS
2:30 SNR: BITS vs Glenmore

WOMEN'S SEMI FINALS (Times, Dates and Venues unknown)
1SF: Glenmore vs BITS
2SF: Gladstone vs Yeppoon

1st SEMI FINAL THIS WEEKEND (Swan Park, Yeppoon)
8:30 U/13: Yeppoon vs Panthers
9:40 U/15: BITS vs Glenmore
11:00 U/17: Gladstone vs Panthers
12:45 RES: Panthers vs Brothers
2:30 SNR: Gladstone vs Yeppoon

2nd SEMI FINAL NEXT WEEKEND (Boyne Tannum Country Club Oval, Tannum Sands)
8:30 U/13: BITS vs Glenmore
9:40 U/15: Gladstone vs Yeppoon
11:00 U/17: Yeppoon vs Glenmore
12:45 RES: Gladstone vs BITS
2:30 SNR: BITS vs Glenmore

WOMEN'S SEMI FINALS (Times, Dates and Venues unknown)
1SF: Glenmore vs BITS
2SF: Gladstone vs Yeppoon

Thanks MJ

They should start the U/13's at 8am cut back the times in all the juniors by a few minutes a quarter, this would give the womens a start time of around 11.30 am?

Women's apparently started after the seniors, not sure how it would work on GF Day but maybe they could play it between the senior and reserve GF's given the Cricket Ground has sufficient lights to play night games. 8:30 is too early for Under 13's IMO, let alone 8AM. Imagine if either of the Gladstone teams were playing last weekend, they'd need to be awake at about 4:30 and leave the Port Curtis region by 5:30 just to make it to the ground in time. They cut all the times anyway, but the problem is the quarter breaks, coaches don't realise that quarter time in juniors is just 3 minutes (3-5-3 in 13's, 3-8-3 in 15's/17's I think are the breakdowns), by the time the 2nd quarter starts the quarter time break is closer to 6 than 3. Then of course if there's a draw extra time is played.......

REPEATING THIS WEEKEND
8:30 U/13: BITS vs Glenmore (Loser plays YEPPOON in PF at Kele Park next weekend)
9:40 U/15: Gladstone vs Yeppoon (Loser plays BITS)
11:00 U/17: Yeppoon vs Glenmore (Loser plays PANTHERS)
12:45 RES: Gladstone vs BITS (Loser plays PANTHERS)
2:30 SNR: BITS vs Glenmore (Loser plays GLADSTONE)
5:00 WMN: Gladstone vs Yeppoon (Loser plays BITS)

And Yeppoon's Matt Wallin is the 2012 Bernie Gottke Medallist for the League's B&F.

so what's the dealio if both grannies end up being BITS v Gladstone? Will they be moved to Gladstone?

Secondly, guess who's been making the news again. An overly exuberant celebration earning him a nice elbow, from a lad who was by all accounts cheered off for the act

would they look at it in incidents like that where footage exists? I remember one of our guys last year copping a grubby elbow on film...not sure if we tried to have anything done about it

would they look at it in incidents like that where footage exists? I remember one of our guys last year copping a grubby elbow on film...not sure if we tried to have anything done about it

It would be if you could get it, they used video evidence a few seasons back in Mackay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back