• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, now you've made me go for co-captains

RqVEcNjR.jpg

images
These guernsey's

Co captains is a curse.

Big sexy.

Nank not guaranteed best 22 and Grimes gunna be injured half the time.

I hate idea of making the ruck captain unless you are max gawn.

Basically its demoralising for the number 2 or 3 ruckman as they know the captain is rarely dropped.

I don't think we have a obvious choice.

Do we want a obvious choice?

The players will have their ideas.

I have an idea of making Balta captain but it is a captain with asterix in the sense we we be relying on a lot of other leadership. I just thing Balta is the new generation, our backline is critical going forward and Balta is key and him slapping the ground after knocking it to Daniher shows he cares and he has his own growth and development to lead the group forward. I would make Grimes a vice captain as defensive support and guidance along with Cumberland representing the forwards, resilience and development and our development and throw in Pickett as the everywhere man covering other bases with a bit of experience

Last edited:
Jack Graham

He’s at the right age, he’s level headed and has almost 100 games experience. I wonder how the team would feel about him as captain?

My second choice would be Vlastuin, he would’ve been a lock for me 4-5 years earlier.

Vlastuin for mine. Was captain through his juniors. I remember when we drafted him they said he's a Voss clone. Unfortunately our midfield was pretty stacked so he never really got to become the mid he was meant to be. He never sooked or threatened to leave for more midfield minutes. He put his head down, sacrificed his game for the teams benefit ( similar story to Luke Hodge) I remember years ago might've been a preseason game or early in year we played him in the guts he destroyed it but we missed him too much in defence so he went back and shored it up. Another game we couldn't kick any goals so they swung him forward and bang 3 goals. He's rarely beaten, durable, how inspirational were a few of his last quarter efforts against the Bears? I would've picked him last year. Grimes is getting old and injured, Nank probably needs to be upgraded. I'd consider Lynch but his injuries are a concern.
Undisciplined, it's a no from me.

I don't think we have a obvious choice.

Do we want a obvious choice?

The players will have their ideas.

I have an idea of making Balta captain but it is a captain with asterix in the sense we we be relying on a lot of other leadership. I just thing Balta is the new generation, our backline is critical going forward and Balta is key and him slapping the ground after knocking it to Daniher shows he cares and he has his own growth and development to lead the group forward. I would make Grimes a vice captain as defensive support and guidance along with Cumberland representing the forwards, resilience and development and our development and throw in Pickett as the everywhere man covering other bases with a bit of experience
Balta!!!! WTF??? He's brain dead..... no.

Balta!!!! WTF??? He's brain dead..... no.

Does not matter, Grimes, Pickett and others will help him.

Its a embracement of the youth and generational change along with our development.

He does not even have to say a word because Cotch, JR and others are still around including Lynch up forward.

Balta as captain emphasises the importance of leadership from the team, helping Balta and driving the growth of our group.

In fact Balta would not even have do do any media. Prestia could be the players agent for the media and leadership team including Balta as captain

Balta as captain embraces the concept actions speak louder than words on the footy field but for defence in particular Balta needs to ensure the defense is talking along with Grimes as well as other areas of onfield team communication

Last edited:

Its a embracement of the youth and generational change along with our development.

He does not even have to say a word because Cotch, JR and others are still around including Lynch up forward.

Balta as captain emphasises the importance of leadership from the team, helping Balta and driving the growth of our group
Can't agree Magic. Not a very smart footballer, doesn't have captain qualities. Big Sexy for me. Wouldn't even mind Jack for his farewell season.

Can't agree Magic. Not a very smart footballer, doesn't have captain qualities. Big Sexy for me. Wouldn't even mind Jack for his farewell season.

It is not about smarts, it is about leading through actions like Hodge as well as cause and effect. He is not Hodge but he is key to our development and team mix. Grimes helping him and others like Gibcus makes their development key to our success and leaders for improvement and achievement.

If JR was 4 years younger okay but we do not really want someone doing same oh same oh. We want someone representing development growth and team unity. Making Balta captain means Gibcus, Grimes and the rest of the defensive unit have to help each other as a focus and microcosm of what we need our other groups and teamwork across the field to achieve. It is on the others to help Balta be better and play better as a team so 4 guys versus Daniher never has a goal kicked on them again!

Balta does not have to talk to the group in the huddle, he can delegate that and Dimma and coaches can instruct them. Balta as a symbolic captain would not be commanding all the captain entrails, it would be a leadership team effort. Balta can be captain in the form of a symbolic barometer for our improvement. He can do next year what Luke Jackson did not do this year in regard to our defence and forward thrusts and this will engage him as a critical component of our team development

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Balta as captain emphasises the importance of leadership from the team, helping Balta and driving the growth of our group.

In fact Balta would not even have do do any media. Prestia could be the players agent for the media and leadership team including Balta as captain

Balta as captain embraces the concept actions speak louder than words on the footy field but for defence in particular Balta needs to ensure the defense is talking along with Grimes as well as other areas of onfield team communication
So, we are going to have a captain, who doesn't speak, doesn't do media, is undisciplined at times on the field, and basically needs to concentrate on getting his own game back up and going again after an indifferent year?
May I ask?
What colour is the sky in your world?
Sadly, media and speaking are a big part of selling your club and getting the message out there.

He’s at the right age, he’s level headed and has almost 100 games experience. I wonder how the team would feel about him as captain?

My second choice would be Vlastuin, he would’ve been a lock for me 4-5 years earlier.

The problem with graham is you could argue he is boarder like best 22 ..

Can't go wrong with vlastuin or lynch imho

Reckon nank needs to focus on his own game

Back