Universal Love Captain Bloods feelgood Friday lounge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Captain Blood’s feelgood Friday lounge….sounds like a Spotify playlist. Whatever Spotify is. And whatever a playlist is. They are both “a thing” apparently. That is what intangible occurances plans or items are called these days, “a thing.”

Typical vogue-speak conversation:

Young Dude A: I am thinking of becoming an icon in the online space.

Slightly older dude B: I didn’t know that was a thing.

Old dude C: I didn’t know abstract ideas being a thing was "a thing.”

Anyway, I live in Rye. Today I got my life back. I can go outside again. 😁
What about those Avocado trees!?!

I like your thinking brother, I started to study the philosophy of Taoism during lockdown. Stopped worrying about keeping up with the news and views. That's not to say I've given up on things, but just learning to "let things go" and to "go with the flow of the universe (the Tao)". It might sound a little corny or wishy washy to some but studying and learning from Taoist ways, coupled with some basic Tai chi really helped me through some dark times last year.
May the Tigers flow with the universe again this year and achieve the ultimate success again. Go the mighty Tigers.

Yeah. My news year’s resolution is to engage less with FW’s and just move forward. I’m gonna try and appreciate smaller things and more local things (if that makes sense).

No politics or anything in this thread. It’s a pure good thought/deeds thread. You cook a cool meal? Pop that s**t in here etc.

Even though it was a rubbish year I realize I got a bit out of it.
Got fitter by doing a home exercise plan daily religiously, am about half way through writing a book, taught myself guitar (not very good!), finally committed to the missus who i ****ed around for too long and just about to buy a house... here we go again!
Got to see the mighty tiges do a number on the cats..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even though it was a rubbish year I realize I got a bit out of it.
Got fitter by doing a home exercise plan daily religiously, am about half way through writing a book, taught myself guitar (not very good!), finally committed to the missus who i f’ed around for too long and just about to buy a house... here we go again!
Got to see the mighty tiges do a number on the cats..
You forgot youtube stardom.

Just read “The Resilience Project” for the second time. (Actually listened on audible).
Perfect for this thread. Gratefulness, Empathy and Mindfulness. It’s an antidote for all the s**t we’re subjected to, and more importantly, our kids.
Tigers get a big mention along with Pies.
I can’t recommend this more highly. Do yourselves a favour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back