Game Day Captain Bloods Retro Friday night - Richmond v Western Bulldogs R17 2001

Remove this Banner Ad

Automatic deliberate these days Dutchy, no one bats an eye.

going the line was accepted practice and smart footy. Hasn’t slowed the game down by doing it.

This day I was living in Canberra but were really good friends with David Cloke and his family from when he came to Canberra to coach. Jason and I played rep footy together and we ended up good family friends still are.

This day was David daughter Jodies 21st birthday we came down early to go to the footy (David hooked us up) then to the party. I was 21 at that point playing a good level of footy so didn’t get to much AFL.

We got to the party about 6-630 David and a few ex players who rolled in late, Peter Cameron (Ex ump David’s brother in law) were all taking about it. Every single one of them were filthy. Like seriously angry. I believe one of them even rang the Bulldogs president (can’t remember who it was at the time)and tore strips of him.
Wasn’t until the whisky and the speeches did they settle into the party and forget about it.
It riled so many people. Ex players were baying for blood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah dogs fans, you’re clapping Wallace now, how’s that gonna work out for ya in a few years? At least we were booing him in 2001 like we would in 2008 🤣

Yeah, of course Brad Johnson mungs it from a shot on the boundary line 35 out through the middle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back